Matt Damon....HT or not..?

@follically challenged I think you gotta assume any Hollywood celebrity over the age of 40 has had a hair transplant (and botox and perhaps other surgery as well). 

Of course, celebrities can be genetically blessed just like the general public. But if you are a millionaire many times over and your livelihood and career depends on your looks, and society actually expects you to have work done, it seems like a given that hair transplants would be par for the course. 

Edited by SadMan2021
  • Like 2

Definitely.  There's no way that's a natural hairline in that video.

You can see how much he receded between the first Bourne and Oceans film in 01/02 and the last films in the trilogies in 2007.

• Like 1

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

2 hours ago, TommyLucchese said:

Definitely.  There's no way that's a natural hairline in that video.

You can see how much he receded between the first Bourne and Oceans film in 01/02 and the last films in the trilogies in 2007.

Really..? I hadn't noticed that to be honest. It was just something about graft placement in this video that made me somewhat suspicious..

14 hours ago, SadMan2021 said:

@follically challenged I think you gotta assume any Hollywood celebrity over the age of 40 has had a hair transplant (and botox and perhaps other surgery as well). 

Of course, celebrities can be genetically blessed just like the general public. But if you are a millionaire many times over and your livelihood and career depends on your looks, and society actually expects you to have work done, it seems like a given that hair transplants would be par for the course. 

Fair point.

Imagine how destigmatizing it would be for the industry if all celebrities just came forward and talked openly about their hair restoration, such as Elon Musk and Matt Damon to name a couple...

I think he's just using a small amount of concealer in the front hairline.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

• Administrators

It looks like the temple points had work, his forehead doesn’t look as wide anymore.

image.jpeg
8608BC48-AD87-4FBD-978E-939A0BF7EFB4.png

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

5 hours ago, follically challenged said:

Imagine how destigmatizing it would be for the industry if all celebrities just came forward and talked openly about their hair restoration, such as Elon Musk and Matt Damon to name a couple...

yea, its sad there is more of a stigma for Average Joe to get a hair transplant than it is for a celebrity. I don't really think anyone cares if a celebrity has work or any artificial looks. For example it's pretty well known Mathew Mchounagey just full-blown outright wears a wig. Yet he is still a sex-symbol and no one cares bc its seen as a no-brainer as a celebrity to get work done.

But if ladies, friends, or coworkers find out Average Joe is wearing a wig, there is much more social scrutiny.  

However, at the end of the day, I don't think there is a huge stigma for anyone getting a HT anymore. In 2021 and this age of gender identity, a lot of people won't think twice about a man wearing a dress and makeup (I'm not saying this as a political statement or prejudice view - just an objective fact), so compared to that, its really not a big deal if a guy just wants more hair on his head. 

I got a HT last year and had to tell all my coworkers. No one batted an eye. It was no more awkward than when one of my other coworkers announced she was having hip surgery. 

Edited by SadMan2021
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, KandyB said:

I'm more than sure that among so called celebrities there are way way more of those who had hair transplant than you could expect...

yea for real. watching tv and movies, you'd think that in Hollywood hair loss is as rare as smallpox. 

19 hours ago, SadMan2021 said:

yea, its sad there is more of a stigma for Average Joe to get a hair transplant than it is for a celebrity. I don't really think anyone cares if a celebrity has work or any artificial looks. For example it's pretty well known Mathew Mchounagey just full-blown outright wears a wig. Yet he is still a sex-symbol and no one cares bc its seen as a no-brainer as a celebrity to get work done.

But if ladies, friends, or coworkers find out Average Joe is wearing a wig, there is much more social scrutiny.  

However, at the end of the day, I don't think there is a huge stigma for anyone getting a HT anymore. In 2021 and this age of gender identity, a lot of people won't think twice about a man wearing a dress and makeup (I'm not saying this as a political statement or prejudice view - just an objective fact), so compared to that, its really not a big deal if a guy just wants more hair on his head. 

I got a HT last year and had to tell all my coworkers. No one batted an eye. It was no more awkward than when one of my other coworkers announced she was having hip surgery. 

Tbh i wasn't sure if Mathew had a wig or transplant. There is one interview where he is questioned about his miraculous hair recovery and doesn't come clean...

But, in all honesty, i still feel he would be somewhat derided by people in the industry if he did admit to wearing a wig. The stigma exists, so people don't come clean. People don't come clean because the stigma exists..... on and on in a vicious circle. Trapped by opinions of others...

• Like 1

22 hours ago, KandyB said:

I'm more than sure that among so called celebrities there are way way more of those who had hair transplant than you could expect...

For sure. But i wasn't critiquing him, just something looked a tad noticeable to me, and I was surprised nobody else had really commented on it already...

• Administrators
4 hours ago, follically challenged said:

yeah, for sure not as wide. Though the middle point of his hairline also appears lower to me, in the video at least..

Very possible, I’m leaning on yes he’s had work done, and I would even venture to say he wears some concealer too.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• 5 weeks later...

Yeah and I'd say he went and got it done during COVID sometime...........in the video below it actually looks like a transplant that hasnt fully 'softened' completely yet.... he could be only 12 months out from the procedure....it seem slightly unruly/wiry which he's kind of running with by spiking it up.....

Temple points have been brought forward & strengthened (& look great) + his hairline has been lowered by maybe only half an inch all around but beefed up with density & reinforced vs. the receding/slightly thining look he had before........my guess ultra dense packing 3000 FUE.........done by Dr.Hasson or one of the European doctors...Dr.Couto probably......the fact this is one and done procedure by the looks of it means a dense pack master at work

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pre-screened said:

Yeah and I'd say he went and got it done during COVID sometime...........in the video below it actually looks like a transplant that hasnt fully 'softened' completely yet.... he could be only 12 months out from the procedure....it seem slightly unruly/wiry which he's kind of running with by spiking it up.....

Temple points have been brought forward & strengthened (& look great) + his hairline has been lowered by maybe only half an inch all around but beefed up with density & reinforced vs. the receding/slightly thining look he had before........my guess ultra dense packing 3000 FUE.........done by Dr.Hasson or one of the European doctors...Dr.Couto probably......the fact this is one and done procedure by the looks of it means a dense pack master at work

Yep, not softened. 

I'd even say he has fibres in here. It kinda looks thickened...?

• Administrators
2 hours ago, pre-screened said:

Hid hair definitely looks a lot better here no doubt. 

Just look here there’s definite thinning, unless he got on dutasteride and is an ultra-responder he definitely had surgery 

image.jpeg

View my thread

• 8 months later...

Yo, that's tough, I couldn't stand such a hot sauce, after which all my hair would fall out and I had to do a Hair Transplant Miami to get my hair back. In general, I'm not a fan of spicy food, but sometimes I want to eat something spicy, for example, I like jalapeno or tabasco sauce, only if just a little bit. I also prefer spicy tacos, as I am a small fan of Mexican cuisine. Hot sauces are also well suited to spicy wings or chicken. Also, potatoes are perfectly combined with hot sauce, but this sauce should be moderately spicy, because the taste of potatoes may not be felt because of too hot sauce. Good food for everyone!

Edited by Sneakersjmuth