MPMD Origins

• Administrators

I know Derek from more plates more dates has blown up in the past year. I remember him as a forum member back in 2013 from a forum called good looking loser (crazy to see how big he’s gotten online).

I started on that forum because the guy Chris had a hair loss section that was really good. Before Derek there was Chris on YouTube talking about hair loss medication, first guy I learned RU58841 from. Thought this would be an interesting podcast to share. I know I mentioned this guy to some of you and you were interested so check it out. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
Just now, JohnAC71 said:

@Melvin- ModeratorCan you remind me of his username ? It’s bugging me. Thanks 

His username was moreplatesmoredates lol. I remember his avatar was him at the gym flexing. I think he became a moderator too. Now he’s built an empire, very inspiring. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Just now, Melvin- Moderator said:

His username was moreplatesmoredates lol. I remember his avatar was him at the gym flexing. I think he became a moderator too. Now he’s built an empire, very inspiring. 

Yeh good for him 👍🏽 Didn’t realise it was still a thing 😂

• Administrators
Just now, JohnAC71 said:

Yeh good for him 👍🏽 Didn’t realise it was still a thing 😂

Shame Chris doesn’t make YouTube videos anymore. He had a lot of knowledge, especially with medication. He went to Dr. Gabel for his HT, he knows his stuff. 

View my thread

On 8/6/2021 at 9:39 AM, Melvin- Moderator said:

Shame Chris doesn’t make YouTube videos anymore. He had a lot of knowledge, especially with medication. He went to Dr. Gabel for his HT, he knows his stuff. 

Melvin do you know what ever happened to Chris? He made some decent videos. I remember he owned a kratom company or something but he fell off the scene after that.

At this point Derek is probably one of the best go-to sources for a condensed lesson on how/why hair loss happens and what medication is available to treat it. He's not very familiar with transplants but he is very upfront about that and doesn't pretend to be.

Great resource for training and nutrition knowledge as well.