Eugenix, NW3 5200 + grafts / MazAB's 2nd procedure on 10/8/2022 by Dr Pradeep Sethi

MazAB

1 hour ago, GeneralNorwood said:

How about current medication? Do you use only finasteride or minoxidil and microneedling too? 

Great question! I did change a few things that are worth the mention.

I just incorporated microneedling into my weekly routine. I'm microneedling at 1.5mm depth with a Dr. Pen for the last 3 months and have definitely started to see strengthening in my crown and mid scalp. I'm avoiding the recipient areas in the frontal and temporal points as well. However, I'm also needling just behind the temple points as well to strengthen the smaller native hairs that transition into the work done by Eugenix. The goal for me is to keep my existing native hair in the best condition possible so the transplanted hairs vs native have less of visual difference to them. Especially at shorter hair lengths it tends to show more. A huge motivator to finally starting microneedling was to preserve and strenthen my native hair so further hair transplants to address those areas are a none issue for me moving forward. Microneedling alone is an amazing treatment for hair treatement, but another contributing factor me was improving the efficacy of minoxidil. Having taken it over the last 30 years, I don't believe that it was as effective for me and now I do believe I'm responding much greater when combining Microneedling with minoxidil.

Using 5% topical minoxidil daily, except on the days I needle.

I also started on Dutasteride to block the other ISO Enzymes not covered by Finasteride. Taking 0.5 mg once per week, and avoiding Finasteride on those days. 

Finasteride - 1 mg per day 6 days a week.

LLLT - 5 days a week - 15 minute sessions

Good diet, exercise and supplement stack are unchanged for the time being. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, MazAB said:

Using 5% topical minoxidil daily, except on the days I needle.

Before my hair transplant , when i was using minoxidil and dermapen, i didn't skip on the days i needled. I followed recommendation from Hairloss Show, that absorption is the best after needling. However i understand, that you prefer to wait 1 day :)

I am 3 months after HT with Dr Priyadarshini, she recommended to not take minoxidil for 6 months after HT, so currently i am using only finasteride 6 times per week and dutasteride 1 time per week (so the same as you). 

However 6-7 months after HT i will think about going back to minoxidil and microneedling to increase density of native hairs.

So if i understand correctly,  you only use minoxidil 5% once per day? I think it's best option, because 2 times per day is not  convenient and using minoxidil once per day is very effective due to long half-life of topical minoxidil (about 22 hours)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GeneralNorwood said:

Before my hair transplant , when i was using minoxidil and dermapen, i didn't skip on the days i needled. I followed recommendation from Hairloss Show, that absorption is the best after needling. However i understand, that you prefer to wait 1 day :)

I am 3 months after HT with Dr Priyadarshini, she recommended to not take minoxidil for 6 months after HT, so currently i am using only finasteride 6 times per week and dutasteride 1 time per week (so the same as you). 

However 6-7 months after HT i will think about going back to minoxidil and microneedling to increase density of native hairs.

So if i understand correctly,  you only use minoxidil 5% once per day? I think it's best option, because 2 times per day is not  convenient and using minoxidil once per day is very effective due to long half-life of topical minoxidil (about 22 hours)

Are you sure that you are not confusing weeks with months getting back on topical minoxidil after a hair transplant? Eugenix has always made the recommendation of 5 to 6 weeks post procedure before restarting topical minoxidil protocol.

I'd actually prefer to use minoxidil right after microneedling, but thought that if you had some redness and bleeding, it may do more harm than good, but haven't done much research to know for sure so I was playing it safe by waiting a day. I'll definitely research that point, and see what most people are doing when combining those treatments. 

Using 5% minoxidil before bedtime, once daily for exactly the reason you mention with having a long half life.

Edited by MazAB
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MazAB said:

Are you sure that you are not confusing weeks with months getting back on topical minoxidil after a hair transplant? Eugenix has always made the recommendation of 5 to 6 weeks post procedure before restarting topical minoxidil protocol.

I am pretty sure that Dr Das told me it's not necessary to take minoxidil for first 6 months, but finasteride/dutasteride is of course mandatory. And i thought that this is good idea to wait 6 months and see how much density i will have without using minoxidil.  

Yeah, the thing in using minoxidil right after microneedling is that pharmaceutical companies usually sell minoxidil with alcohol, that can irritate the skin. For me it wasn't the issue.

I know that some people prefer minoxidil with trichosol instead of alcohol, so it's more neutral for skin. 

Edited by GeneralNorwood

• 2 weeks later...

Month 12 is finally here and looking back there is a lot I’ve learned in the process. For one, even if you are an early responder post HT, that does not necessarily mean that your maturity ends earlier. No matter what, you should always give it a full year for the maturity to set in. When the hair is not fully mature, it is much more difficult to manage which typically limits you in terms of hair styles early on. Density is always improving throughout the year as well even when all the grafts have fully grown. Trust me, there was a major difference between months 8 and 12 for me. 

Always keep in mind that no hair transplant is perfect, and it’s important to have that expectation from the on-set. Every surgery is a risk and regardless of the clinic’s track record of success, be sure to have every “what-if” scenario mapped out in your head before having surgery. And know that since perfection is not the goal, be ready to embrace those imperfections, make them your own, and be prepared that 2nd or even 3rd procedures are most often necessary over the course of time. Unless the work is extremely minimal, the “one and done” hair transplant is many times not enough, so don’t sweat the small stuff. Stay optimistic and know that your own personal transformation is a lifetime commitment, so every move you make should be a very well educated, calculated decision that you own and have 200% confidence in. And if things don't go as planned, the "what if" scenarios are already mapped out and it's easier at that point to course correct and right the ship. The "Rome was never built in a day" metaphor applies greatly to the this entire process, so take your time with every decision. Believe me, your mental sanity and full head of hair will thank you for it!

With all that said, it’s time to hit the reset button and start the process over again.😅 That’s a very tough thing mentally because I absolutely love how everything looks right now, but I’ll be having my 2nd procedure done on October 2nd. Exactly 13 months to date from my first procedure, and will have to endure, once again, the painfully long, drawn out process of recovery and regrowth. I’m very excited and have 100% confidence that @Eugenix Hair Sciences will help me achieve all of my hair goals with this next procedure. 

I’m incredibly grateful to Eugenix and most importantly to all of you on this network for helping and motivating me every step of the way. I would have never had the strength to go forward with a hair transplant without the continued support of all of you!

See you on the other side in October!

20220904_124218 - front.jpg

20220904_124319 - left temple.jpg

20220904_124500 - right temple.jpg

20220904_124546 - down.jpg

Edited by MazAB
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 4

• Valued Contributor

@MazABthank you for an excellent write up as you have reached that magic milestone. Such sage advice my friend and the results speak for themselves. I agree with everything you have said and this has to be one of the most natural and youthful  results I have seen. I’ll be following you in ‘Armen 11’ All the best man. 🙏

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Looking great Armen! Great 12 month result, and no better test than passing the harsh out door lighting. Slightly lowering your hairline is a fantastic call and is really going to really compliment your youthful look! Roll on October brother! 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MazAB said:

Month 12 is finally here and looking back there is a lot I’ve learned in the process. For one, even if you are an early responder post HT, that does not necessarily mean that your maturity ends earlier. No matter what, you should always give it a full year for the maturity to set in. When the hair is not fully mature, it is much more difficult to manage which typically limits you in terms of hair styles early on. Density is always improving throughout the year as well even when all the grafts have fully grown. Trust me, there was a major difference between months 8 and 12 for me. 

Always keep in mind that no hair transplant is perfect, and it’s important to have that expectation from the on-set. Every surgery is a risk and regardless of the clinic’s track record of success, be sure to have every “what-if” scenario mapped out in your head before having surgery. And know that since perfection is not the goal, be ready to embrace those imperfections, make them your own, and be prepared that 2nd or even 3rd procedures are most often necessary over the course of time. Unless the work is extremely minimal, the “one and done” hair transplant is many times not enough, so don’t sweat the small stuff. Stay optimistic and know that your own personal transformation is a lifetime commitment, so every move you make should be a very well educated, calculated decision that you own and have 200% confidence in. And if things don't go as planned, the "what if" scenarios are already mapped out and it's easier at that point to course correct and right the ship. The "Rome was never built in a day" metaphor applies greatly to the this entire process, so take your time with every decision. Believe me, your mental sanity and full head of hair will thank you for it!

With all that said, it’s time to hit the reset button and start the process over again.😅 That’s a very tough thing mentally because I absolutely love how everything looks right now, but I’ll be having my 2nd procedure done on October 2nd. Exactly 13 months to date from my first procedure, and will have to endure, once again, the painfully long, drawn out process of recovery and regrowth. I’m very excited and have 100% confidence that @Eugenix Hair Sciences will help me achieve all of my hair goals with this next procedure. 

I’m incredibly grateful for all of you on this network for helping and motivating me every step of the way. I would have never had the strength to go forward with a hair transplant without the continued support of all of you!

What a fantastic journey, took me more than 30 minutes to read everything but I am so glad to discover the emotions and moments of joy in the growth journey. 
So happy for you, are you looking for another procedure in the coming time, next month?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MazAB said:

I’m incredibly grateful for all of you on this network for helping and motivating me every step of the way. I would have never had the strength to go forward with a hair transplant without the continued support of all of you!

Honestly, the 1st procedure has already given such great framing to your face if we did a direct before and after, that it's difficult for us to probably even envision how much better it will look, but i'm genuinely a firm believer that you will have a significantly easier time managing your journey after procedure 2 and be extremely happy with the refinement it will give you for density. 

Can't wait to follow that journey too and thank you for all your help too in my own journey Armen! 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, MazAB said:

@MazABOne of the best suggestion that I got from this forum is be prepared 'what if'. I sensed same thing when I had a discussion with you from your words. thanks for that Arman. Good Luck for your second procedure. Will try to meet you when you are in Delhi. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, MazAB said:

Such sage advice right here that connected with me… Thanks for this and all the best with round 2!  Looks phenomenal already!

• Like 1

Gosh the temple points have continued to improve right up to 12 month mark Armen…

Overall this is a really super result!!

In many way it’s the perfect advertisement for hair restoration surgery in 2022….around NW3 to start ,patient embraces and tolerates meds ,has work,family life in balance therefore stress levels in check ,optimal nutrition,hydration and fitness plans in place ,an elite surgeon and team to execute the procedure with above all expectations set to “ reality “..

I dunno ..I know I and other forum members consider  ourselves  lucky to be considered a friend of yours Armen.

True Gent 

Roll on October 🤜🤛

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor

Good luck with the second procedure, Armen! Though let's be honest... Anything beyond your current result is a total bonus as your results have been a 10/10 knockout. The design is absolutely on the money -  I definitely need to take up Dr Sethi's offer of a touch up to get my temple corners closed off a little more as every time I see yours, I realise that's what mine needs.

I'm looking forward to the next part of your journey!

• Thanks 1

On 9/6/2022 at 3:00 AM, Gatsby said:

@MazABthank you for an excellent write up as you have reached that magic milestone. Such sage advice my friend and the results speak for themselves. I agree with everything you have said and this has to be one of the most natural and youthful  results I have seen. I’ll be following you in ‘Armen 11’ All the best man. 🙏

Thank you Adrian! I learned so much from you well before you ever even committed to Eugenix. You are a leader in this forum and have inspired so many, myself included. Your results are only in the beginning stages of shining thru, and you look incredible my friend!

• Thanks 1

On 9/6/2022 at 3:56 AM, Bandit90 said:

Looking great Armen! Great 12 month result, and no better test than passing the harsh out door lighting. Slightly lowering your hairline is a fantastic call and is really going to really compliment your youthful look! Roll on October brother! 

I feel so fortunate that we can share in this epic experience together John! Counting down the days!

On 9/6/2022 at 4:43 AM, DHT said:

What a fantastic journey, took me more than 30 minutes to read everything but I am so glad to discover the emotions and moments of joy in the growth journey. 
So happy for you, are you looking for another procedure in the coming time, next month?

Thanks so much for your support @DHT! My next procedure is scheduled for October 2nd. Dr Pradeep Sethi will be performing it, and it should be close in the neighborhood of 2000 grafts for added hairline, added density in existing recipient area and temple peaks. 

Edited by MazAB

Thanks @NARMAK! Yours is going to look absolutely incredible. I am very much looking forward to meeting Dr Das this time around. She's such an incredible person and an amazing doctor from everything I've heard. I'm 100% confident that your result will reflect that my friend! The "POP" effect is about to start rolling for you😉

• Like 1

On 9/6/2022 at 6:10 AM, Shaik said:

@MazABOne of the best suggestion that I got from this forum is be prepared 'what if'. I sensed same thing when I had a discussion with you from your words. thanks for that Arman. Good Luck for your second procedure. Will try to meet you when you are in Delhi. 

I would welcome the opportunity to meet you when I'm in Delhi next month. Feel free to PM me so we can arrange something.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Zoomster said:

Gosh the temple points have continued to improve right up to 12 month mark Armen…

Overall this is a really super result!!

In many way it’s the perfect advertisement for hair restoration surgery in 2022….around NW3 to start ,patient embraces and tolerates meds ,has work,family life in balance therefore stress levels in check ,optimal nutrition,hydration and fitness plans in place ,an elite surgeon and team to execute the procedure with above all expectations set to “ reality “..

I dunno ..I know I and other forum members consider  ourselves  lucky to be considered a friend of yours Armen.

True Gent 

Roll on October 🤜🤛

I will have to flip it back on you as far as the perfect advertisement. NW7 to start and gets to complete and full restoration in only 2 procedures. That is beyond remarkable! The 007 is born, and the women are smashing down your door! Like I said before, all I can do is vicariously live thru you.

There is a very fine line between you and me. Karl = 15 girlfriends  /  Armen = 1 wife (and maybe 15 women that want to be my girlfriend but never end up becoming one because of the 1 wife) 🤣🤣🤣

Thank you Karl! I feel both privileged and blessed to have coordinated a 2nd trip with you for us to celebrate our transformations and friendship yet again. The procedures are just icing on the cake for us my friend. 😉

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Berba11 said:

Good luck with the second procedure, Armen! Though let's be honest... Anything beyond your current result is a total bonus as your results have been a 10/10 knockout. The design is absolutely on the money -  I definitely need to take up Dr Sethi's offer of a touch up to get my temple corners closed off a little more as every time I see yours, I realise that's what mine needs.

I'm looking forward to the next part of your journey!

Thanks @Berba11! I think it will also give you the opportunity to add more density overall as well. A second procedure would certainly lock it down for you, but even still, you killed it on your 1st procedure. It looks so natural and completely undetectable that any work has ever been done. Yet at the same time, the before and after is a complete transformation. It's very hard to check all those boxes with an initial procedure, but the graft placement and design was executed exceptionally well for the first go. Look forward to following yours as well!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MazAB said:

Thanks @NARMAK! Yours is going to look absolutely incredible. I am very much looking forward to meeting Dr Das this time around. She's such an incredible person and an amazing doctor from everything I've heard. I'm 100% confident that your result will reflect that my friend! The "POP" effect is about to start rolling for you😉

Honestly, i can only hope for that outcome! 

Dr Das is definitely a great doctor and her skill of what she did was great. I just feel its a little shame the techs fell down to the standard she set in a few areas but it's not a thing that should make or break my results and i think overall, i'm on track where its hopefully going to go well. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

So hard to believe that the results will eventually morph into something better than this. I land in Delhi today, and am scheduled for my 2nd procedure with Dr Pradeep this Sunday the 2nd. Can't wait! I'll update you guys once I get the pre-op / post-op pics.

20220902_135026.jpg

Edited by MazAB
  • Like 5