7 months Slow Growth

Hi

Im almost at the 7 month mark.

One side is growing very slow and not as good compared to the other side. 

I attached 1 picture to show and can see areas that are still empty and other areas lacking in density. 

my question is could there be many hairs that will still pop in the future And will the empty areas fill in? Or there will be no more new hairs popping through the skin?

been worrying and stressing about this but yep at almost 7 months was hoping for everything to be filled in.

FB885EC7-FAF0-4D35-A07A-A9D1A04259C2.jpeg

Edited by Jake003

• 1 month later...
On 5/18/2021 at 4:46 AM, Jake003 said:

I’ve read the post and I would be happy if I get 30% more hair popping.

Hey, any changes? Funny enough, I am 8 months and have a space with missing hair about the same size. The rest of the hair seems to have popped through, just a few thin spots and inconsistencies with thickness. One side is much thicker. The one little spot without much hair growing worries me too.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey yes I got another around 2000-3000 hairs that popped through the skin. Everything filled in.

but my hair loss was because I used steroids, not because of alopecia. So could be that a lot of my natural hair came back with the transplanted grafts.

Edited by Jake003

Can you provide an update at the 12 month mark?

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

20 hours ago, Jake003 said:

Hey yes I got another around 2000-3000 hairs that popped through the skin. Everything filled in.

but my hair loss was because I used steroids, not because of alopecia. So could be that a lot of my natural hair came back with the transplanted grafts.

Steroids just speed up the male pattern baldness process. They don’t cause their own kind of baldness. 

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, EvoXOhio said:

Steroids just speed up the male pattern baldness process. They don’t cause their own kind of baldness. 

^This hair loss themselves don't cause hair loss, it is your genetic predisposition to DHT. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

^This hair loss themselves don't cause hair loss, it is your genetic predisposition to DHT. 

“Hair loss themselves don’t cause hair loss” - Melvin, 2021 😂😉

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/18/2021 at 6:40 AM, Jake003 said:

Hi

Im almost at the 7 month mark.

One side is growing very slow and not as good compared to the other side. 

I attached 1 picture to show and can see areas that are still empty and other areas lacking in density. 

my question is could there be many hairs that will still pop in the future And will the empty areas fill in? Or there will be no more new hairs popping through the skin?

been worrying and stressing about this but yep at almost 7 months was hoping for everything to be filled in.

FB885EC7-FAF0-4D35-A07A-A9D1A04259C2.jpeg

It looks like you have red pimple type bumps on your hairline - have you been checked for some type of scalp condition e.g. dermatitis by the clinic or a dermatologist? Might be a good thing to do as it looks unusual.

• Like 2