Dr. Patrick Mwamba (Fue Clinic) - Over 9,000 grafts - 24th & 25th of May 2021

Day 11, still cleaning up well. I'm starting to gently remove skin, and am experiencing shedding, albeit 4 hairs....I feel a bit concerned today, i went out last night to see friends, and had a couple beers, which ended up with a few more than I'd have liked, could this damage the hair? Or will it kill it? 

• Haha 1

Day 12, today I gave my head a proper clean, i was gentle and sure not to catch any hairs in my nails etc, but I think nearly 95% of the skin has come off now, I am actually amazed at how much the new hair has grown so far ! Shame it'll all fall out. I do however have a question, the back portion of the transplant doenst seem to have grown as much as the front section ? Is this normal? It was implanted the day before the front was ... 

20210606_101317.jpg

20210606_101331.jpg

16229709901617783084978066307796.jpg

Day 13 tomorrow, i am desperate to start exercising again but am feeling a little nervous, any advice or tips ? I only run and do bodyweight.... I know some of you have already replied on a previous post about this... just interested to know what others think. 

Day 13 ....First day back on exercise... feel great to be able to workout again,,  very strange feeling in the recipient area, like tingling .... I presume this Is due to the extra blood flow? And obviously my head isn't used to having the feeling of hair.. I this cause for concern ? Or just normal

• Like 1

Day 14, head is getting clearer every day, I bumped the front of my head this morning 🤦‍♂️ but only gently right on the front hairline .... I think it's anchored now so shouldn't be a problem... ive attached a picture of how it looks now, looks slightly thinner on pictures... my question is, how can the new hair eventually appear thicker? Surely it will look as thick as it is now ? Or will it thicken over time 

20210608_090832.jpg

Ha I know, I think cause I've started to relax into it now, my guard slipped and I headbutted the mirror haha .... on another note I can't wait to start kickboxing again, however I will leave out any full contact sparring for another couple of weeks I think 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, captaincalico said:

Ha I know, I think cause I've started to relax into it now, my guard slipped and I headbutted the mirror haha .... on another note I can't wait to start kickboxing again, however I will leave out any full contact sparring for another couple of weeks I think 

Yes I would leave out kick boxing for another couple of weeks ! Needs to be a month or so 😉

• Thanks 1

Day 15, the hairs are starting to shed quicker now, I'm not feeling as traumatised as I thought I would be.... just knowing they will return thicker and healthy is all I need.... ill probably shave my head on Saturday which is basically the end of the 3rd week so it should be safe to do so. Still slight redness on the scalp but that's all OK

26 minutes ago, captaincalico said:

Day 15, the hairs are starting to shed quicker now, I'm not feeling as traumatised as I thought I would be.... just knowing they will return thicker and healthy is all I need.... ill probably shave my head on Saturday which is basically the end of the 3rd week so it should be safe to do so. Still slight redness on the scalp but that's all OK

I don’t think you should shave your head now, just trim it with a low guard for the time being.

• Thanks 1

Please don’t wear fibres dude , they can clog up pores and choke grafts when they are in their infancy and at their most delicate. I know it’s going to suck shedding , but you don’t want to ruin something with a short sited mindset ! 

• Thanks 1

Thank you ! I was part of the design,  I changed it the night before consultation funnily enough! Made it slightly lower, luckily I have a little original hair at the front which we used as a guideline for the hairline... I was however contemplating adding 50 grafts in the middle as a little peak to lower the hairline slightly 

On 6/9/2021 at 2:36 PM, Curious25 said:

Please don’t wear fibres dude , they can clog up pores and choke grafts when they are in their infancy and at their most delicate. I know it’s going to suck shedding , but you don’t want to ruin something with a short sited mindset ! 

totally agree, esp not after just 15 days, you might be sacrificing a very decent result for very short term superficial gain.

• Thanks 1