Failed attempt, here we go again

So I had a scheduled transplant with Dr. Bicer. I was at the airport everything ready and paid for. With Covid and things going on with trying to get to Turkey the airline turned me back as many countries are closed for connections. I lost a bit of money but still determined to go on with the procedure. 

I am now scheduled in June with Dr. Nader from Mexico. My family is in Texas 3 hours from there so figured it will be easier. 

They don’t respond to emails very quick sometimes takes a week which is frustrating. Any experiences here with Dr. Nader and his clinic? What was post care. Did you go back next day? I asked these questions to them a few days ago and still waiting for a response. 

it seems that there are good results posted here in the past but always nice to here it directly. 

thanks guys! 

• Administrators
58 minutes ago, GaryJ said:

So I had a scheduled transplant with Dr. Bicer. I was at the airport everything ready and paid for. With Covid and things going on with trying to get to Turkey the airline turned me back as many countries are closed for connections. I lost a bit of money but still determined to go on with the procedure. 

I am now scheduled in June with Dr. Nader from Mexico. My family is in Texas 3 hours from there so figured it will be easier. 

They don’t respond to emails very quick sometimes takes a week which is frustrating. Any experiences here with Dr. Nader and his clinic? What was post care. Did you go back next day? I asked these questions to them a few days ago and still waiting for a response. 

it seems that there are good results posted here in the past but always nice to here it directly. 

thanks guys! 

I consistently hear that his communication is awful. I don’t know that is not good, especially if you haven’t even had surgery yet. If you have been balding for years, why rush? 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

13 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I consistently hear that his communication is awful. I don’t know that is not good, especially if you haven’t even had surgery yet. If you have been balding for years, why rush? 

You do make an excellent point. I guess just disappointed I was so close to getting it and now just want it done. But does make sense why rush! Thanks Melvin. 

No idea how much budget you have or what baldness level you are / graft needs, but....as Melvin said DON’T rush!!! 

Honestly a bad procedure can be so much worse than just being bald.  

My advice is go to best clinic you can afford, and by all means ask here first as plenty of guys are happy to give real reviews when they themselves benefited from the same on this site.

Good luck!

• Like 2

Thank you! That’s why I asked about Nader since I haven’t seen any recent reviews. I need about 2500-3000 grafts and Nader was at about 5400 and Bicer at 4200. So that’s about my budget. Unfortunately in the USA that’s pretty impossible. 

• Administrators
19 minutes ago, GaryJ said:

Thank you! That’s why I asked about Nader since I haven’t seen any recent reviews. I need about 2500-3000 grafts and Nader was at about 5400 and Bicer at 4200. So that’s about my budget. Unfortunately in the USA that’s pretty impossible. 

My main concern is really the lack of communication. If you can't communicate with a surgeon before having a procedure, imagine if you're not happy. This whole Covid situation isn't going to last forever. Eventually, more and more people will be vaccinated and traveling won't be a problem. I'm not talking years from now, more likely to be next year, which is in 7 months. Take this time to research a little more and save up. 

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

If you can't get a response from them now imagine how difficult it will be after the surgery. My advice is take your time, save up more money and go with someone that you feel 100% good about. 

• Like 3

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

• Valued Contributor
16 hours ago, GaryJ said:

thanks guys! 

The number one most important factor that I look for in a hair transplant surgeon is communication. I realise many of the top surgeons in the world are very busy. But what also separates the top surgeons from the dangerous ones is that many of them do communicate very well. This may be done by a representative. But if that's the response (or lack of) that you are receiving for surgery that will impact the rest of your life then personally I would seriously question whether you have done enough research for who should be operating on you? A three hour journey only lasts for three hours. A bad hair transplant and scars last for the rest of your life! Wishing you all the best with this!

• Like 2

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Gatsby said:

The number one most important factor that I look for in a hair transplant surgeon is communication. I realise many of the top surgeons in the world are very busy. But what also separates the top surgeons from the dangerous ones is that many of them do communicate very well. This may be done by a representative. But if that's the response (or lack of) that you are receiving for surgery that will impact the rest of your life then personally I would seriously question whether you have done enough research for who should be operating on you? A three hour journey only lasts for three hours. A bad hair transplant and scars last for the rest of your life! Wishing you all the best with this!

True!

View my thread

My first post so please excuse..... I'm a newbie

I am or rather was ☺️ a Norwood 6-7. I previously had several sessions of scalp micro pigmentation. I was initially happy with the SMP but under bright lights or outdoors, the SMP seemed to fade and I still had the "bald" look. There's no replacing or imitating real hair, so my search for hair transplantation thus began. 

I've had 2 hair transplants with Dr. Nader the first on March 3, 2020 and a second hair transplant here recently on March 11, 2021. Both hair transplants consisted of a little over 3,000 graphs for each procedure (over 6,000 in total). The first procedure consisted of the frontal third and the most recent procedure consisted of the the crown area. The main reason I initially went with Dr. Nader was because of my current finances and his proximity to me. I live near the border and could save on hotel and flight (he also gives a 10% discount if paying in cash and gives credit for 2 night hotel stay). Knowing that Dr. Nader sends a driver to pick you up, even if your in the USA side, was a relief knowing I didn't have to worry for my transportation to and from his clinic in Mexico. It is true that it is difficult to contact his office. I initially emailed his office and never got a response. I waited several weeks for a response and thought I'd give it a shot and try calling his office instead. I must have called every day for 3-4 days in a row without anyone answering (January 2020). I lucked out on the 5th day of calling and spoke with Brenda. I introduced myself to Brenda and explained my situation to her. I guess having spoken to her may have "escalated" my status as a patient. She was able to schedule me in several months after speaking with her (March 2020). I'm a teacher and wanted the procedure done before spring break to have the entire week off to heal. 

Even though it had been less than 2 months after my  second procedure (crown area), I'm pretty happy with the entire process so far. Of course, I wish I had a head full of hair but have to realize where I started from (Norwood 6-7). There is no follow-up the next day with Dr. Nader but he does give you his personal cell number.  I have messaged Dr. Nader a few times for questions/concerns that I had and he responded quickly and answered all my questions/concerns.

I'm currently taking:

Biotin 10 mg (since Jan 2020)

Finasteride 1mg (since Jan 2020)

Rogaine (Equate brand from Wal-Mart twice daily - since Jan 2020)

Nizoral shampoo (since Jan 2020)

Oral Minoxidil 2.5 mg (since March 2021, so too early to see results - I think)

Pic 1 - before SMP or HT

Pic 2 - after several sessions of SMP

Pic 3 - 1st HT (March 2020)

pic 4 - Before 2nd HT (March 2021)

Pic 5 - After 2nd HT (March 2021)

Pic 6 - Recent pic (April 2021)

1download.png.8e3c377d88b9650575daa00a2f90a9b2.png2543668268_download(5).png.a7dbef4e41ce65de3e5999b80db49228.png3420791831_download(4).png.108976d32abc63e2e2d60952c0ff9e02.png41591863517_download(3).png.1512d81d341241efd446abbc6cf504b2.png51704742079_download(2).png.ff85e2c06fad25dabd52fa70442d8461.png6download.png.5deb809ec19baf516ae770dd646a6e32.png

Edited by M Luftop
  • Like 2

For something as serious as this, NEVER deal with people who have poor communication. It is unprofessional, shows a lack of maturity, and it shows that the patient is not their priority. 

• Like 1

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider.