Looking for FUT and FUE surgeon recommendations in USA

Hello all,

I am new to this forum and looking for recommendations for both FUT and FUE surgeons in the US. I am on the east coast in North Carolina. I have consulted with Marc Dauer, M.D and Dr Baubac (alvi armani) so far. Both do FUE and are in Los Angeles. I was not too impressed with the results of Dr Marc Dauer, M.D and Dr Baubac's reviews are already bad on this website so I will pass on that.

Dr Blake Bloxham has some solid reviews on here for FUT but was curious if you guys had other suggestions as well. 

I am attaching front and back view of my head. Most hair loss is in the upper frontal region. Back side (donor) has decent hair density still. Based on the hair loss amount though I am leaning towards a FUT rather than FUE so I can avoid over harvesting. What do you guys think?

Cheers!

front side.jpg

backside.jpg

From the Drs you have mentioned the only one worth considering (imho) is Dr Bloxham. Who is able to do some really good FUT work. Yes if you want to maximise your available donor area then definitely consider FUT. Search the forum for Dr Bloxhams work. His FUT scars are very neat in particular ! 
Also use the following as a jumping off point in to researching a decent/elite clinic:

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/hair-transplant-surgeons.asp?sr=HRN-MOB

• Like 2

Also please consider travelling to get to a clinic which is be the best option for your hair loss. Great if you do have some decent options in your area, but it’s well worth the travel to open up your opportunity’s. 

Edited by JohnAC71

Plenty of excellent options within the US. Travel is possible to some countries still. But yes it’s can be a worry in these corona times. 
Im uk based and was considering Eugenix (India) but absolutely not happening for a long while. 

Ah, bummer man, yeah India is gone insane with corona right now! Was ok for a long while though.

Which doctor at Eugenix were you looking at? Are they even better than Dr Bloxham? Will this be your first HT?

5 minutes ago, hairophile said:

Ah, bummer man, yeah India is gone insane with corona right now! Was ok for a long while though.

Which doctor at Eugenix were you looking at? Are they even better than Dr Bloxham? Will this be your first HT?

No for me it will be my 6th and hopefully final. My needs are specific (beard grafts) 

For yourself though I would consider looking at a lot Norwood 6 results. Meant to ask, your age and if your on any meds ? 

@Dr Blake Bloxhamdoes AMAZING FUT work. I highly recommend him and he's consistently putting out awesome results. He's got a very informative Youtube channel. If you consult with him, tell him I said hi. He's an upstanding guy:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC--zjdaJBprxvp9qO3HQbog

Edited by Dr. Suhail Khokhar
  • Like 2

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

• Administrators

If you’re in North Carolina definitely check out @Dr. Jerry Cooley he’s a member of our elite Coalition group. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

18 hours ago, JohnAC71 said:

No for me it will be my 6th and hopefully final. My needs are specific (beard grafts) 

For yourself though I would consider looking at a lot Norwood 6 results. Meant to ask, your age and if your on any meds ? 

Good luck @JohnAC71!

I am 35 and I am not on any meds like Finasteride etc. I did that briefly (~6 months) some 8 years ago when i first noticed thinning of hair but went off it as I would rather not interfere with natural hormones.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

If you’re in North Carolina definitely check out @Dr. Jerry Cooley he’s a member of our elite Coalition group. 

@Melvin-Moderator I saw your posts about your hair loss journey and the imp info you provided about HT expectations. Thanks so much for that man!

I definitely considered Dr Cooley as he is way nearer to me than others but was not too convinced by the results on his website. I'll search for him at this site to double check. What is your take on Dr Cooley vs Dr Bloxham?

• Administrators
1 minute ago, hairophile said:

@Melvin-Moderator I saw your posts about your hair loss journey and the imp info you provided about HT expectations. Thanks so much for that man!

I definitely considered Dr Cooley as he is way nearer to me than others but was not too convinced by the results on his website. I'll search for him at this site to double check. What is your take on Dr Cooley vs Dr Bloxham?

Look up @HTREGRETS here he had an HT with Cooley. He has a lot of good results here. I think Dr. Bloxham is great, both are good doctors. But Dr. Cooley is definitely more experienced. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, hairophile said:

@JohnAC71 @Melvin-Moderator Do you guys take any regular hair loss meds (like finasteride) now that ya'll have had your HTs?

I take minoxidil and use nizoral shampoo but no finasteride.

View my thread

Honestly don’t let location dictate your choice, I did that for my first procedure and the results were a failure.

Thank God, I found this site and then after about a year of just reading reviews, I came to the conclusion Dr Konior in Chicago was one of the true elite docs that produce repeatable exceptional results.  He is top dollar but does the whole procedure himself.

If you can afford it (price comparable to other high end US docs) he is the only choice in my view.  If you need a lower price Nadimi is his understudy and she has been doing procedures for a few years now.

Konior gets the most out of low graft totals so donor goes long way.  

• 3 weeks later...

@SnowboardHey! Thanks for the recommendation of Dr Konior. After your mention I have been researching about him and noticing lots of positive feedback. Did you finally get your procedure done with Dr Konior?

Hello Everyone,

In addition, I keep hearing about Hasson & Wong on this forum. Price is not a concern for me as I want the best result possible (its an investment for myself) but location wise I would prefer US & Canada due to international travel restrictions. I have gotten the Pfizer vaccine too.

Based on price not being an issue, what would be the top 5 doc list for FUT overall (minimal scarring, best density results) according to you?

If price is not an issue then you don't need a top 5 list. You need to contact Dr. Raymond Konior. You won't get a surgeon that is more genuinely interested in your long term goals then him. He is expensive but he delivers and his FUT scars are second to none from what I've seen. Chicago Hair Institute. Hasson or Gabel would be my second recommendations. Keep us posted on who you decide on. 

Bosley 11-2016 FUE - 1,407 grafts

Dr. Diep 09-2017 FUE - 2,024 grafts

Dr. Konior 03-2020 FUE - 2,076 grafts

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts 

On 5/15/2021 at 8:41 PM, Snowboard said:

Yes I had two procedures with Dr Konior, the most recent was August 2020.  Results are what matters most and he really delivers.

Can you share your before and after results?

On 5/15/2021 at 7:57 PM, BDK081522 said:

If price is not an issue then you don't need a top 5 list. You need to contact Dr. Raymond Konior. You won't get a surgeon that is more genuinely interested in your long term goals then him. He is expensive but he delivers and his FUT scars are second to none from what I've seen. Chicago Hair Institute. Hasson or Gabel would be my second recommendations. Keep us posted on who you decide on. 

Thanks! Will do :) 

• Administrators
25 minutes ago, hairophile said:

@Melvin-Moderator 

Howdy! Are there any negative posts for either Dr Konior or Dr Hasson on this forum in its entire history? If so, please point me to them.

Is Dr Hasson the better choice vs Dr Wang if going with H&W?

Every surgeon has negative reviews. There is no perfect surgeon. But what you should do is search both of their names and look up reviews yourself and draw your own conclusion.

View my thread