3172 FUE grafts- Dr. Taleb Barghouthi- Vertex Hair clinic

Dear community,

This is a 48 year old gentleman who was complaining of diffuse thinning in the frontal, mid scalp and crown regions of the scalp. He was commenced on finasteride on alternate days prior to surgery and areas of the Hairline, frontal zone, mid scalp and crown were transplanted to give a more homogenous look. The entire crown was not restored at this stage yet, but only parts of the anterior crown. 

Surgical details:

Procedure date: August 2020

Total Grafts: 3172

FUE 0.9 mm punch

Hairline 400 refined single hairs

2.6 hairs/graft. 

Sites made using 0.9 mm and 1.4 mm Sapphire blades. 

Results shown are 8 months post procedure. 

Front views before and after: 

IMG_9547.thumb.jpg.f91406024391b84efa5660ba14fd9280.jpg

Profile views before and after: 

IMG_9548.thumb.jpg.12f30ee1840f11f51cdcb86d3dac51a4.jpg

Profile views before and after: 

IMG_9549.thumb.jpg.f5397fe581bcca2e128a18c31c403dfb.jpg

Top view, Donor recovery and combed back looks: 

IMG_9550.thumb.jpg.227a88fb4c65e268d59178a60f1f504d.jpg

Close ups: 

IMG_9552.thumb.jpg.6d020f95195515e1abce4e59ea2ebc42.jpg

IMG_9553.thumb.jpg.51c450a1769d3833147ec5ca4ad7677c.jpg

IMG_9554.thumb.jpg.7a90a67ea38daeb6fe71502d91d1ef37.jpg

• Like 4

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

Awesome results. Very refined work and his hair looks completely natural. Thank you for sharing.

• Like 1

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

• Administrators

Excellent presentation 👏🏼👏🏼 The results are fantastic as well.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

5 hours ago, WildBlueberry said:

Great job. Any donor shots?

Thanks! Yes I will upload some. I thought i had some donor shots in the "after" photos. Do you want donor before or during you mean? 

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

Very natural result. I would never think this was a transplant.

Just curious, why two different size blades? I thought the incision size had to be the same as the extraction size, no?

24 minutes ago, MachoVato said:

Very natural result. I would never think this was a transplant.

Just curious, why two different size blades? I thought the incision size had to be the same as the extraction size, no?

Thank you Sir. We usually refine the single hairs and therefore a bigger size blade used for multiple or bigger grafts would be too big for them. Therefore, I use a 0.8 or 0.9 mm sapphire blade to do the hairline sites as they will only fit refined single hair grafts. I use a bigger blade so as to fit the chubbier and bigger multiple haired grafts. 

Edited by DrTBarghouthi
  • Like 1

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

7 hours ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

Thank you Sir. We usually refine the single hairs and therefore a bigger size blade used for multiple or bigger grafts would be too big for them. Therefore, I use a 0.8 or 0.9 mm sapphire blade to do the hairline sites as they will only fit refined single hair grafts. I use a bigger blade so as to fit the chubbier and bigger multiple haired grafts. 

That makes perfect sense. It's interesting, I continue to see results (especially on Facebook), promoting sapphire blades or DHI implanters with single hairs in the hairline, yet still low density and pluggy looking. It proves that there's more to a successful procedure than just tool selection. There are so many things to consider with the hairline. At only 8 months, this patient should be thrilled! I'm glad to learn so much from talented physicians like yourself.

I love espresso coffee. In Italy, it is said there are "3 M's" to making good espresso.

1. Miscela - Translates to the blend. Which is the blend coffee beans. Freshness, quality, bean origins, etc.
2. Macchina - Translates to machine. The coffee grinder, espresso machine and other equipment are important.
3. Mano - Translates to hand. The skill of the barista is the difference between good and great.
4. Some say the fourth rule is Manutenzione, translates to maintenance, of equipment and continued skill development

This could be used in hair transplants. 

1. Hair - Quality, quantity and stability of donor hair
2. Tools - Microscopes, extraction and implantation tools, etc.
3. Talent - Skill of the physician and technicians, hairline design, donor area management, long term plan, etc.
4. Maintenance - Finasteride and minoxidil, vitamins and nutrition, etc.

Pretty neat! :D

Edited by MachoVato
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, MachoVato said:

That makes perfect sense. It's interesting, I continue to see results (especially on Facebook), promoting sapphire blades or DHI implanters with single hairs in the hairline, yet still low density and pluggy looking. It proves that there's more to a successful procedure than just tool selection. There are so many things to consider with the hairline. At only 8 months, this patient should be thrilled! I'm glad to learn so much from talented physicians like yourself.

I love espresso coffee. In Italy, it is said there are "3 M's" to making good espresso.

1. Miscela - Translates to mixture. Which is the quality of the coffee beans. Freshness, bean origin, blend of different beans, etc.
2. Macchina - Translates to machine. The coffee grinder, espresso machine and other equipment are important.
3. Mano - Translates to hand. The skill of the barista is the difference between good and great.
4. Some say the fourth rule is Manutenzione, translates to maintenance, of equipment and continued skill development

This could be used in hair transplants. 

1. Hair - Quality, quantity and stability of donor hair
2. Tools - Microscopes, extraction and implantation tools, etc.
3. Talent - Skill of the physician and technicians, hairline design, donor area management, long term plan, etc.
4. Maintenance - Finasteride and minoxidil, vitamins and nutrition, etc.

Pretty neat! :D

I love the analogy and would certainly be using it in the future as a hair and espresso lover too :))

Yes I think hairline work takes almost 30% of our operative time in terms of preparation and design. I think it is important not to rush any step related to it. 

• Like 2

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram