Bulged hairline years after transplant

dobler

Hi all, I have had my HT back in 2016, doesn't matter where, but at one of the recommended clinics.

Long story short, after great results, over the years I kept losing my transplanted hair so I now shave or buzz my hair.

I noticed by touch, that along the right side of the hairline the scalp is bulged. I  attached a photo to show you can see it is bulged in the hairline and a small bulge behind it.

Left side is Ok. This is persistent since I got the transplant, but I noticed it only now after shaving. It is a little bit sensitive if I buzz it to hard with the machine, comparing to other parts of the scalp.

Is it harmful? Or harmless? What can I do about it?

Talking with the clinic about it 5 years in delay, sounds a bit awkward, but I wanted to know if it is common or you already seen something like that.

Screenshot_20210422-114551_WhatsApp.jpg

Edited by dobler
  • Like 1

I have never seen anything like that before.  Sometimes you have swelling soon after surgery.  It's expected....but years later?

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/24/2021 at 5:25 PM, dobler said:

It was always there for 100% (after the transplant). The question is - does it seem like something I need to worry about? 

It looks like it could be scarring.  Best to speak to your surgeon.  Also, I'd be concerned as to why you are losing transplanted hair?  Did they take hair from outside the safe zone?? 

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like ridging.  Could happen due to excess scarring due to chunkier grafts.  I had some after Dr Rahal failed procedures, but it increased quite a bit after Dr Umar’s failed repair attempt on my scalp.   I have cobblestoning as well.   Hopefully, this is repairable.  

• Administrators

Looks like some scarring. You can try fraxel laser surgery. That's why its important to understand hair transplants are a life long commitment. Thinking you can just shave your head after is not true. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

@dobler maybe I am just being a worry wart, but maybe you should get that checked out by a dermatologist or primary care physician. Who knows if that bulging is having any impact on a facial muscle, nerve, or vein, etc. I think it is unlikely but better be safe than sorry. 

Of course agree with everyone else you should see a HT doc in addition. But I just don't think a HT doc can give you the best, objective opinion of what that is or any effect it is having. 

Edited by SadMan2021