Few questions from 27yo before undergoing HT at HLC

JamesLH

Hello guys,

I just want to document my way and maybe ask for some advice. So thank you for reading it. :) (Hope I put it into correct category)

I am fighting hairloss for a few years now (I am 27). I think it was due to highly stress situations in my past, but maybe also due to genetics (my father has similar pattern but it started in his 50's for him).

My hair is mostly receding at temples with thinning middle that started in the last year.

I wanted to undergo FUE at Esthetics Hair Turkey about 2 years ago but changed my mind. Then I saw Hair of Istanbul but didn't fell for their aggressive marketing and poor results (over-harvesting donor) that I saw from some patients on several forums/sites.

This year as a result of having better income I came across Dr. Bisanga, but after sending them my photos, they told me to get on medications first.

This part concerns me, because I heard very mixed views and experiences. I don't want to mess up with hormones.

So I decided to buy some stuff from Revalid and also I am going for several PRP treatment in following weeks.

But mainly... I came across many positive reviews of HLC and the fact that doctors are supposed to be doing the procedure is also very important for me.

So I decided to contact them and after exchanging several emails, they offered me 2400-2800 grafts.

But here my concerns starts. :)

Main one is that I am afraid that maybe the main hairloss will start soon and I don't want to exhaust my donor area. 

So I thought that I will use hairsystem (only for frontal part) for some time and see how the hairloss will proceed.

- here I am worried if the hairsystem could actually worsen the hair under it or if I clean it and take care of it correctly, it will be okay.

Therefore I am thinking about going for PRP, after that hairsystem from Heydecke in Germany and if I will see some results of PRP, then I will go for HLC surely.

Do you think that this is the way?

Many thanks and best regards,

James

ht.png

Ok so with quite aggressive hair loss at a young age then you should really consider Fin and minox as they will give you a fighting chance to retain the hair you have got. Dr Bisanga/BHR gave you very good advice. 
Forgot the cheaper Turkey options for a hair transplant. Sounds like you already dodged a bullet by doing some research.

Personally I would not be relying on Revalid/or similar or PRP. Consult with some more elite clinics and I’m sure they would also be recommending the same as Bisanga. Namely try meds and review in 6 months to a year. 
You have the option of topical Fin too. Its got to be worth a try or you could spend a lifetime chasing your hair loss. We cannot rely on family genetics to tell where we might end up. 

• Like 1

If you choose not to take Fin just be aware that your hair loss journey will not stop at just one procedure. And he’s our donor area is finite. Careful planning is needed if you have quite aggressive hair loss at a young age. 

Edited by JohnAC71

• Administrators

I’m confused so did you decide to try a hair system instead of surgery? Most definitely best to get on meds before surgery. Any ethical clinic would tell you this.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanks John and Melving for replying :) I decided to try hair system for frontal part and see if PRP bring some results.

I also spoke to HLC representative about consulting my hair in their office before proceeding with surgery.

So my plan is PRP, try hairsystem for a while, maybe I will consult using medications with dermatologist and afterwards I will proceed with HLC if all goes well. :)

Thanks again guys.

• Thanks 1

Definitely consult with Dr/dermatologist ASAP. Any delay in not starting on preventative measures then you will possibly lose more hair in the meantime. 
It’s something that should be prioritised. Fin and minox is pretty essential to try for younger guys with quite aggressive hair loss. 

Edited by JohnAC71

1 minute ago, JohnAC71 said:

Be interesting to see more pics. Could you post some of your crown/mid scalp and donor area? Thanks 🙏 

Here you (I) go. Top of my head is thinner than sides also. And I have thin crown for like 10 years. Again thanks for opinions guys.

ht1.png

ht2.png

ht3.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

This is the part you wrote that concerned me “My hair is mostly receding at temples with thinning middle that started in the last year” 

I meant the middle between the temples - I think that it will result in bald front and normal hair in the back

• Administrators

Why don’t you use hair loss concealer instead of a hair system? I don’t think your hair loss warrants a system at all. 

I have a lot more in my crown and with concealer I can make it look perfect.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

8 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Why don’t you use hair loss concealer instead of a hair system? I don’t think your hair loss warrants a system at all. 

I have a lot more in my crown and with concealer I can make it look perfect.

Hi Melvin, I use Sevich sometimes, but it is no help in temples situation. And when the wind blows it doesn't matter if I use it at all. I want more stable solution.

• 2 weeks later...

It's so upsetting to see people all repeating the same thing about "messing with hormones." Just to be clear, it's the hormonal activity that creates the conditions causing androgenic alopecia. "I don't want to mess with my hormones" in this instance is essentially "I don't want to address the cause of my problem."

If you had a good response to medication that middle part of the forelock that's thinning could bounce back entirely. If you don't take preventative medication you can almost guarantee yourself a second procedure for when that goes, and if that goes there could very well be more after that. You want a stable solution, but a transplant without medication is the definition of unstable because you're shooting at a constantly moving target.

I'm not saying don't have the transplant, but if you're not willing to take medication you're probably setting yourself up for failure in the long run. Ignoring the fact that you obviously want to keep your native hair, the donor/transplanted hair can still miniaturize and thin if you're not using medication. Something to consider.

3 hours ago, Mycroft said:

It's so upsetting to see people all repeating the same thing about "messing with hormones." Just to be clear, it's the hormonal activity that creates the conditions causing androgenic alopecia. "I don't want to mess with my hormones" in this instance is essentially "I don't want to address the cause of my problem."

rather misleading IMO

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Don't consider a transplant at your age without Fin, in my opinion. Your hair isn't that bad and you could get some stunning results that last for decades. 

The alternative is getting a HT done and enjoying it for 2-3 years and probably needing another one. 

Just now, TrialAcc said:

Don't consider a transplant at your age without Fin, in my opinion. Your hair isn't that bad and you could get some stunning results that last for decades. 

The alternative is getting a HT done and enjoying it for 2-3 years and probably needing another one, followed by another one a few years after that. 

1 hour ago, TrialAcc said:

Thanks for reply. :) That's what is bothering me. It means that without fin I will lose my other remaining hair after 3+ years even if I will not go for transplant? :D 

• Administrators

Why don’t you consider topical finasteride? It works almost as good, from what I’ve heard from Dr. Wong and other world renowned surgeons even better than oral fin in many cases. I believe it only systemically reduces DHT in the body by 15% as opposed to 70% with oral. 

View my thread

29 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Why don’t you consider topical finasteride? It works almost as good, from what I’ve heard from Dr. Wong and other world renowned surgeons even better than oral fin in many cases. I believe it only systemically reduces DHT in the body by 15% as opposed to 70% with oral. 

Melvin thanks, I was just thinking about it after replying to the last post. Please, do you recommend some specific brand?