Looking at options in Australia due to international travel ban, any suggestions

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I've sent off an email recently to Dr Path and got a quote back requiring roughly 2500 grafts for the crown and hairline.

His email does mention a Dr Tueboon & Dr Pasu who will do the procedure for a much lower price per graft, has anyone had any experience or is there any information on them by any chance?

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hi guys, we've finally been told that we can travel internationally in the near future (fingers crossed we don't have goal posts moved) and looking at getting it done in Turkey sometime next year when travel becomes clearer for us Aussies.

I've scrounged around a bit on here and have reached out to Dr Demirsoy and waiting on a response, but can't see him on the recommended list and was wondering if he is a good option in Turkey.

Dr Bicer unfortunately said she doesn't believe I'm a good candidate for a HT so that option is not possible now, so hoping people can give some suggestions in Turkey that won't be far more expensive like HLC is (bit of a budget unfortunately but won't go to a mill).

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, Icyraindrops said:

Hi guys, we've finally been told that we can travel internationally in the near future (fingers crossed we don't have goal posts moved) and looking at getting it done in Turkey sometime next year when travel becomes clearer for us Aussies.

I've scrounged around a bit on here and have reached out to Dr Demirsoy and waiting on a response, but can't see him on the recommended list and was wondering if he is a good option in Turkey.

Dr Bicer unfortunately said she doesn't believe I'm a good candidate for a HT so that option is not possible now, so hoping people can give some suggestions in Turkey that won't be far more expensive like HLC is (bit of a budget unfortunately but won't go to a mill).

If Bicer said you’re not a good candidate perhaps you should reconsider, she’s very ethical and I trust her judgement 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

6 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

If Bicer said you’re not a good candidate perhaps you should reconsider, she’s very ethical and I trust her judgement 

That was the first thing that did come to my mind when speaking with her, that it was very honest and her ethics are very good. 

It's fortunately stabilised quite well since being on fin for nearly 3 years now but I really hate my hairline and it's still hard to live with, crown I can manage but yeah, might be best to just live with it

1 minute ago, JohnAC71 said:

@Icyraindropsdid Dr Bicer explain why you was not a good candidate? Before you choose anyone else I would be looking at what those reasons were. Ok maybe get another opinion, maybe consult with Eugenix ? Or Bisnaga ? Another 2 really ethical Drs who would give valuable feedback. 

She has said that as there isn't really a lot of loss and thinks I might be better getting the operation at a later date when there is greater loss than I have now and also suggested speaking to a dermatologist too.

When speaking with her over the phone, she did say she can go through with the procedure if I really want but yeah, she has said she doesn't believe I'm a good candidate currently for the surgery and her assistant has said she will remain pretty steadfast on that decision unless it gets worse.

I did consider Eugenix since the reviews on them are really good but the siutation but Turkey was preferable atm as I'm hoping to visit family in the MIddle East while there.

• Like 1

Just now, Icyraindrops said:

She has said that as there isn't really a lot of loss and thinks I might be better getting the operation at a later date when there is greater loss than I have now and also suggested speaking to a dermatologist too.

When speaking with her over the phone, she did say she can go through with the procedure if I really want but yeah, she has said she doesn't believe I'm a good candidate currently for the surgery and her assistant has said she will remain pretty steadfast on that decision unless it gets worse.

I did consider Eugenix since the reviews on them are really good but the siutation but Turkey was preferable atm as I'm hoping to visit family in the MIddle East while there.

Ok it seems a fair assessment, although I can actually see why you would want your hairline improved. And yes Dr Demirsoy is a perfectly good choice ! We was actually discussing exactly that on another thread. Pretty amazing value for a Dr who is involved in every step of the procedure and only does 1 person per day. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

Ok it seems a fair assessment, although I can actually see why you would want your hairline improved. And yes Dr Demirsoy is a perfectly good choice ! We was actually discussing exactly that on another thread. Pretty amazing value for a Dr who is involved in every step of the procedure and only does 1 person per day. 

Yeah, what she has said is fair and again, it speaks volumes that she would be this honest and isn't all about just getting another patient in and out.

If the bald spot wasn't dead centre and so pronounced, I'd be fine and save myself the money but it's something that does more than just annoy me, amazing how these things affect us :(

Ah that's excellent to hear that, especially that he's another who does only one patient a day too, I saw a post on here when searching his name and the price is even slightly cheaper than Dr Bicer so fantastic that he's not another mill churning through patients. Fingers crossed he doesn't give me the same response as Dr Bicer!