Dr. Bisanga 3503 grafts May 2020

4 hours ago, Huncholini said:

I can copy and highlight the area that I'm referring to if I get permission from the thread owner to use his pictures. It's the birds eye view on day 299.

You've reached max hyperbole, I have no issue with the clinic, I've never had a procedure with them. This forum prides itself on apparently being objective, your critical comments on a simple and not completely unfounded query bring that into question. If you want an echo chamber of praise then feel free to delete my account and turn this forum into every other hair transplant forum on the internet.

People should be able to ask questions, provided they are constructive, I see no issue with my question in that regard.

I also noticed this in the day 299 pics (two of them) ... but I think the density there is fine, it seems to be caused by how OP styles his hair, his frontal third is brushed up and back, and his mid section is brushed left to right (i think) and light seems to be bouncing back differently in the area closest to where the different direction of brushing intersects. In all the other photos including when wet, the density seems consistent throughout. Day 236 for example would clearly show a difference in density but it doesn't exist there either.

@BartSimpsoncongrats on a terrific result man, you must be so pleased with the difference this has made in your appearance!

Edited by Mark Wolfer

Thanks for the further comments and interest.

As a community the value and necessity to present results is clear. We come here to educate ourselves, but education without results would not motivate any of us to proceed with surgery without knowing and seeing with our own eyes, what can be achieved and thus the community would not offer the value that it does today.

Many members prefer patient posted results over clinic posted results as they believe that the clinic will select their best results which has logic. 
With that in mind and as we have discussed on many other threads, the need and value for patient posted results will always be a high priority.
This thread and documentation was presented by a patient. All of the presented photos with consistent angles and lighting to be transparent to a much higher standard than the majority of patient posted results.
As a community we need to encourage patient posting. I do not believe that such back and forth provides that encouragement. I do not believe that this is either just or fair for the patient to visit his own thread and have such posts. If I was a patient insecure in the days after surgery and was looking to the community for support and therefore potentially considering posting my case, witnessing this thread I am not sure if I would continue to do so.

If I can request please that if anybody would like to continue this dialogue, out of respect for the patient, it be done on a more appropriate thread such as the thread that Melvin previously linked or numerous other recent threads.

Again it is not a clinic thread, but to continue with appropriate and on topic dialogue, with any result presentation that shows a timeline of growth and as growth and results will mature as more time passes up until at least the 12 month stage, referencing concerns or disparities at earlier stages than the "final result" when the "final result" images are present probably isn't the most accurate analysis.
Regardless, previous to those photos, the patient has been very thorough and again very transparent as can be seen with photos on days 236 and the photo at day 237 with wet hair which would clearly highlight any weakness and this particular photo was dated at approximately 8 months post surgery.

The result that this patient has achieved at 12 months is clearly very impressive to the extent that by his own words, it has completely transformed this young mans life. I am thrilled for him. He really is a great guy and he should be able to revisit his thread in time with positivity and as a community we should support him with that.

In summary from me, for any individual who may be considering a hair transplant and can find weakness in this result to the extent that they would not be happy if it were themselves, then my honest personal advice is that hair restoration is not for you. You will likely not be satisfied with aspects of your result.

• Like 2

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

11 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Asking questions is fine, being passive aggressively disparaging is not. If you have the courage to post your own pictures and have others criticize and critique you if you ever get an HT fair enough. But no one is getting paid to post here. They’re posting to help and to encourage, not to be torn down. If that’s what you think our community is about, you are sorely mistaken.

The reason why our community is popular is because thousands have the courage to share their reviews here. Paying it forward is what our forum is all about. If there are legitimate questions and concerns I encourage that, but I have been doing this long enough to see agenda posting. It’s usually in the guise of being an “interested” patient. 

I will leave it at that.

My first comment was "This is a brilliant result. It looks great, even under the sun.". I then asked a question, for which I even offered a reasonable explanation for the perceived density difference, i.e. light and color of the hair. If that is "disparaging" and "tearing someone down" to you then you're either overly sensitive or don't know what disparaging means.

I will happily post my journey and results when I have my procedure, I've always had the intention to do so, I'm all for paying it forward.

46 minutes ago, Raphael84 said:

Regardless, previous to those photos, the patient has been very thorough and again very transparent as can be seen with photos on days 236 and the photo at day 237 with wet hair which would clearly highlight any weakness and this particular photo was dated at approximately 8 months post surgery.

That is a very good point, it might just be the image in that case. Thanks for your detailed and as always, constructive reply.

16 hours ago, Raphael84 said:

As a community we need to encourage patient posting. I do not believe that such back and forth provides that encouragement. I do not believe that this is either just or fair for the patient to visit his own thread and have such posts. If I was a patient insecure in the days after surgery and was looking to the community for support and therefore potentially considering posting my case, witnessing this thread I am not sure if I would continue to do so.
 You will likely not be satisfied with aspects of your result.

Patients like myself come here to hear realistic opinions from people who have gone through the same journey we are going through. I do actually want such back and forth, I'm not here for "encouragement", I'm here for feedback, facts and informed opinions from other members.  I know that I need to work through my insecurities around my hair and my efforts to keep my hair, and so does everyone else. We shouldn't be telling people to censor what they say to protect people from possibly feeling bad. So long as the feedback is honest and backed up then it's fair game as far as I'm concerned.

OP didn't seem to take any offence at any of the feedback he got here and while I appreciate that you would want to protect your client's feelings about his transplant results, he is a big boy and handles himself very well.

• Like 1

@Mark Wolfer @Huncholini

I tried to take most of the latest photos in harsh light/direct sunlight and in such conditions hair appearance can vary much because of the hairstyle, products used, any shadows during taking the photo etc. Of course I could take and select photos where my hair looks almost perfect - proper styling, lighting and angle can make wonders, but it’s not the point of posting here.

Factor that may emphasize differences in hair color is that blonde hair is very sensitive to lighting conditions and in one photo it can look much darker/brighter than on the other one. My hair is also naturally quite thin which doesn’t help either.

Top/mid section, where no grafts were implanted, may also be a little bit miniaturized. Propecia stopped further miniaturization and reversed thinning to a certain extent, but hair there has slightly lower quality than hair on my donor area. 

As I’ve already said, I’m very pleased with the result. Last time I was this satisfied with my hair was probably when I was teenager. I can style it in many different ways, don’t need to worry all the time about how my hair looks, and I think my overall appearance was greatly improved thanks to HT. I’m grateful to myself that I made a decision to get the procedure done and I asked for help dr. Bisanga and his Team.

Is my hair 100% perfect? - no, and everyone with similar level of hairloss must be aware that HT won’t give the full density and appearance of pre-balding state.

Am I satisfied with my hair? - definitely yes!

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask, I’ll try to be as transparent as possible and won’t sugarcoat anything. Getting a HT procedure is not an easy decision and it’s good to get all the informations before. 
Regards!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BartSimpson said:

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask, I’ll try to be as transparent as possible and won’t sugarcoat anything. Getting a HT procedure is not an easy decision and it’s good to get all the informations before. 

Well said bro. Glad you had such a strong result and that you're happy!

9 hours ago, BartSimpson said:

@Mark Wolfer @Huncholini

I tried to take most of the latest photos in harsh light/direct sunlight and in such conditions hair appearance can vary much because of the hairstyle, products used, any shadows during taking the photo etc. Of course I could take and select photos where my hair looks almost perfect - proper styling, lighting and angle can make wonders, but it’s not the point of posting here.

Factor that may emphasize differences in hair color is that blonde hair is very sensitive to lighting conditions and in one photo it can look much darker/brighter than on the other one. My hair is also naturally quite thin which doesn’t help either.

Top/mid section, where no grafts were implanted, may also be a little bit miniaturized. Propecia stopped further miniaturization and reversed thinning to a certain extent, but hair there has slightly lower quality than hair on my donor area. 

As I’ve already said, I’m very pleased with the result. Last time I was this satisfied with my hair was probably when I was teenager. I can style it in many different ways, don’t need to worry all the time about how my hair looks, and I think my overall appearance was greatly improved thanks to HT. I’m grateful to myself that I made a decision to get the procedure done and I asked for help dr. Bisanga and his Team.

Is my hair 100% perfect? - no, and everyone with similar level of hairloss must be aware that HT won’t give the full density and appearance of pre-balding state.

Am I satisfied with my hair? - definitely yes!

Regards!

Thanks for your mature and constructive reply, this is what makes this forum great. Indeed lighting effects on blonde hair may be another reason I perceived a difference in density. Glad to know you're happy with your result, that's the most important thing and it's no surprise, I think most people would be delighted with the result you have.