Dr. Bisanga 3503 grafts May 2020

Hi Everyone,

I would like to share my hair transplant experience that I had in May 2020 with Dr. Bisanga and his team in Brussels.

Before I decided to have a hair transplant procedure I was taking finasteride(1mg/day) and using minoxidil 5%(twice a day) for almost three years. Medications stopped the balding process and improved the quality of existing hair but I didn’t experience much regrowth so I started considering hair transplant.

Due to the pandemic restrictions it was a bit harder than usual to get to Brussels but I made it and began my hair transplant journey.

From the very beginning I found Dr. Bisanga and his team very professional, ethical and helpful. Despite the obstacles caused by restrictions, that didn’t depend on us, I always felt that they put my well-being at first place and they really care. It made the whole process a lot easier and less stressful.

Since my first contact with the clinic I was in touch with Ian, my patient advisor. He was extremely helpful throughout the process, answered all of my questions and gave me lots of advice to make sure that everything goes as smooth as possible and that I’m doing fine. Before the procedure I didn’t expect that this role is so important, but then I found out that it’s great to have a person, who is always there for you and can clarify all your doubts and concerns. It really gave me peace of mind before and after the procedure.

On my way to the clinic I was a little bit stressed, but right after I met Dr. Bisanga and started talking with him, all stress went away cause suddenly I felt that I’m in great hands and there is no need to worry. The pre-surgery consultation started, Dr. examined my donor and then we agreed on the design of my new hairline. I described my expectations and Dr. Bisanga drew a hairline exactly as I imagined.

Next we moved to the surgery room and started preparations for the procedure. After reading a lot of patients' stories, I was a bit afraid of anesthesia injections, but surprisingly it went really easy and was almost painless. I know it’s a very individual matter, but basically the whole procedure was relatively painless. If I would have to rate it from 0 to 10, where 0 is completely painless and 10 is extremely painful, I would give it 2.(As a reference, dental visit is 3 for me). Dr. Bisanga started the punching and after he finished, his team did the extractions. After that I had a break for a very tasty lunch and technicians examined the grafts. Dr. Bisanga made the incisions and technicians started placing the grafts. In the meantime I was watching a movie and falling asleep from time to time. No pain or discomfort during this process. After all grafts were placed, I had a conversation with Dr. Bisanga, who discussed the procedure with me (everything went as expected) and explained the aftercare. I was given all needed medicines and went back to my apartment. I didn’t feel much pain afterwards, so I didn’t take any painkillers. I stayed in Brussels for 10 days to heal and relax before my return journey. I followed post-op instructions and after these 10 days my head healed very nicely. I returned home and the waiting game started. 10 months later here I am - happy with hair on my head. Summarizing – I’m super happy that I decided to get a hair transplant done and I choose Dr. Bisanga’s clinic. Both he and his team are world-class professionals and I can honestly recommend them to everyone. I’m very pleased with the results, my hair has a really nice density and the donor area looks untouched even with a short haircut, but I believe that photos can show this better than description. It’s a great feeling to be able to style hair again. Many thanks to Dr. Bisanga and his team!

Please feel  free to ask any questions.

Grafts breakdown:

1 Follicular Unit: 545 grafts

2 Follicular Unit: 1035 grafts

3 Follicular Unit: 1430 grafts

4 Follicular Unit: 493 grafts

tn_DSC06997.JPG

tn_DSC06996.JPG

tn_DSC06995.JPG

tn_DSC06993.JPG

tn_DSC06992.JPG

tn_IMG_3743.JPG

tn_IMG_3741.JPG

tn_IMG_3739.JPG

tn_IMG_3747.JPG

IMG_4983.jpeg

IMG_4829.jpeg

IMG_4828.jpeg

IMG_4827.jpeg

IMG_5529.jpg

IMG_5768.jpeg

IMG_6113.jpeg

IMG_6273.jpeg

IMG_6379.jpeg

IMG_6325.jpeg

IMG_6328.jpeg

IMG_6327.jpeg

IMG_7145.jpeg

IMG_7145.jpeg

IMG_7662.jpeg

IMG_8045.jpeg

IMG_8164.jpeg

IMG_8238.jpeg

IMG_9154.jpeg

IMG_9201.jpeg

IMG_9364.jpeg

IMG_9365.jpeg

IMG_9359.jpeg

IMG_9360.jpeg

IMG_9366.jpeg

IMG_9368.jpeg

IMG_9371.jpeg

IMG_9372.jpeg

Edited by BartSimpson
  • Like 3

Very nice, please keep us updated, I'd love to see your 1 year result and 1.25 year result. Why does the mid scalp look slightly thinner than the front, were fewer grafts placed in this area or do grafts in the mid scalp just take longer to mature? How does your hair look under sunlight? Also do you have any pictures of what your hair looked like when grown out before the procedure?

Edited by Huncholini
  • Like 1

Hi @JohnAC71 and @Huncholini, thanks for your comments! I'm attaching two photos taken 6 months before I started medications, where you can see my hair longer. These photos were taken in the middle of 2016 and since then I was having my hair buzzed very short. Also please find photos that I took under the sunlight in front of the window yesterday.

2.jpg

1.jpg

IMG-9581.jpg

IMG-9583.jpg

• Like 3

• Administrators

This is absolutely stunning, thanks for sharing such detailed pictures illustrating the growth at different months. Very happy for you 🙌🏼

• Like 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

@BartSimpson

Many thanks for such a thorough and detailed write-up and to be able to support it with such quality images provides great value of your journey.
Congratulations on your result, you have achieved quite a transformation and I couldn't be happier for you.
At 10 months, you still have a few further months ahead to carry your result that much further and to allow your transplanted hair to continue to mature and settle.
3503 grafts is a considerable graft count from your donor area, and to see that extractions have been taken from ear to ear is instrumental in your donor appearing untouched as you have explained, and really helps to be able to maximise your donor over the long term should it be needed.
It has been a pleasure to offer my support throughout and I very much appreciate your kind words.

Whilst the clinic photos pre surgery are quite telling in terms of your deep recession and frontal loss, I particularly like the recent photo that you have shared with sightly longer native hair pre surgery. Comparing this photo with your latest update really highlights your transformation, naturalness and hair quality.

Congratulations!

587561166_Screenshot2021-03-24at08_56_00.thumb.png.ca8e84645c6d44a3295a63780d512620.png

• Like 6

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

For those who enjoy video presentation of patient results, here is @BartSimpsoncase -

• Like 4

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Raphael84 said:

For those who enjoy video presentation of patient results, here is @BartSimpsoncase -

Awesome video 👏🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• 1 month later...

@BartSimpson
Thank you for sharing your 12 month update. What a transformation. You have really come a long way looking at your pre surgery photos.
I am thrilled for you. Thanks again for such a thorough write up and hopefully 2020 will be a year that you will remember for more positive and different reasons than most of us.
Brilliant!

• Like 2

This is a brilliant result. It looks great, even under the sun. But could someone from the clinic comment on the difference in thickness between the front and mid scalp? Was this due to more grafts being implanted in the front or is the hair in the mid scalp just lighter/blonder?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators
On 5/17/2021 at 6:43 AM, Huncholini said:

This is a brilliant result. It looks great, even under the sun. But could someone from the clinic comment on the difference in thickness between the front and mid scalp? Was this due to more grafts being implanted in the front or is the hair in the mid scalp just lighter/blonder?

Why do you always have negative things to say about BHR? I mean honestly, I don’t think you have ever said one positive thing about BHR without saying something negative. It’s very odd. 

I don’t see any density disparity at all in this result. I really don’t appreciate underhanded comments on patient journeys. Hair loss is hard enough, but we need to support those who have the courage to share their reviews. Negativity for the sake of negativity is not welcomed here.

3E5C40CA-55E9-40D3-BCA1-7BA0EEE6E715.jpeg

• Like 1

View my thread

On 6/12/2021 at 2:23 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

Why do you always have negative things to say about BHR? I mean honestly, I don’t think you have ever said one positive thing about BHR without saying something negative. It’s very odd. 

I don’t see any density disparity at all in this result. I really don’t appreciate underhanded comments on patient journeys. Hair loss is hard enough, but we need to support those who have the courage to share their reviews. Negativity for the sake of negativity is not welcomed here.

3E5C40CA-55E9-40D3-BCA1-7BA0EEE6E715.jpeg

My comment was almost all positive. After which I posted a question, it's a genuine question, it's not "negativity". Instead of criticizing the question because it doesn't suit your echo chamber of praise, a constructive answer would be far more useful.

I have huge respect for Dr Bisanga and all of BHR, he comes across as skilled and ethical and the clinic reps are professional and make excellent posts, often writing detailed, brillant answers to questions.

This is a public forum, people should be able to ask questions and have different opinions to you. Anything that doesn't agree with your POV shouldn't be shamed and highlighted as "Negativity".

Edited by Huncholini
elaboration
  • Like 1

• Administrators
6 hours ago, Huncholini said:

My comment was almost all positive. After which I posted a question, it's a genuine question, it's not "negativity". Instead of criticizing the question because it doesn't suit your echo chamber of praise, a constructive answer would be far more useful.

I have huge respect for Dr Bisanga and all of BHR, he comes across as skilled and ethical and the clinic reps are professional and make excellent posts, often writing detailed, brillant answers to questions.

This is a public forum, people should be able to ask questions and have different opinions to you. Anything that doesn't agree with your POV shouldn't be shamed and highlighted as "Negativity".

First, your question makes absolutely no sense. There is no visual disparity in density. As I said, that is 100% trying to find something negative. Now, I don’t know why you’re disgruntled at BHR, but if you have issues with this particular clinic. Please create a thread and air it out. These little underhanded comments on patient journeys are not welcomed or appreciated. 

• Like 1

View my thread

I can copy and highlight the area that I'm referring to if I get permission from the thread owner to use his pictures. It's the birds eye view on day 299.

You've reached max hyperbole, I have no issue with the clinic, I've never had a procedure with them. This forum prides itself on apparently being objective, your critical comments on a simple and not completely unfounded query bring that into question. If you want an echo chamber of praise then feel free to delete my account and turn this forum into every other hair transplant forum on the internet.

People should be able to ask questions, provided they are constructive, I see no issue with my question in that regard.

• Administrators
29 minutes ago, Huncholini said:

I can copy and highlight the area that I'm referring to if I get permission from the thread owner to use his pictures. It's the birds eye view on day 299.

You've reached max hyperbole, I have no issue with the clinic, I've never had a procedure with them. This forum prides itself on apparently being objective, your critical comments on a simple and not completely unfounded query bring that into question. If you want an echo chamber of praise then feel free to delete my account and turn this forum into every other hair transplant forum on the internet.

People should be able to ask questions, provided they are constructive, I see no issue with my question in that regard.

Asking questions is fine, being passive aggressively disparaging is not. If you have the courage to post your own pictures and have others criticize and critique you if you ever get an HT fair enough. But no one is getting paid to post here. They’re posting to help and to encourage, not to be torn down. If that’s what you think our community is about, you are sorely mistaken.

The reason why our community is popular is because thousands have the courage to share their reviews here. Paying it forward is what our forum is all about. If there are legitimate questions and concerns I encourage that, but I have been doing this long enough to see agenda posting. It’s usually in the guise of being an “interested” patient. 

I will leave it at that.

• Like 1

View my thread