1,501 FUE Hairline with Dr. Jose Lorenzo (w/ pics)

Smash

• Administrators

Excellent results 🙌🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 months later...

Well your first surgery was hair magic and this second one is Da Vinci-esque as you put it. :) 

I'm not sure if we'll see you again but if you come back would love to see some shots with your hair pulled back.

Also, other than finasteride are you taking any medication or doing anything to maintain your hairline?

How the hell did the doctor utilize the amount of grafts and have such a stellar results? 🤩 🤩 🤩  Congratulations on getting your youth back! AMAZING!!!

Edited by hybonix

1st Procedure: 3332 FUE Grafts | Shapiro Medical Group | 10.29.20
2nd Procedure: 1908 FUE Grafts | Shapiro Medical Group | 11.13.23

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @Smash

Thanks for this detailed write up.

You originally agreed 1000 grafts but ended up getting 1500? Did you just have to pay the difference when you were there?

And the original 1000 estimated was based on pictures you sent?

• 7 months later...

Hi @Smash, how are things going?

Did you get a touch up from Dr Lorenzo in the end?

I also wanted to thank you.  I recently got back from Madrid after having surgery with Dr Lorenzo (link to my thread is in my signature). Your write up was so useful as I went through the entire process!

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

7 hours ago, splitting hairs said:

Hi @Smash, how are things going?

Did you get a touch up from Dr Lorenzo in the end?

I also wanted to thank you.  I recently got back from Madrid after having surgery with Dr Lorenzo (link to my thread is in my signature). Your write up was so useful as I went through the entire process!

I enjoyed reading your report: it brought back lots of memories in vivid detail. I look forward to seeing how everything evolves for you!

I haven't gone back yet for the touch up, but I do plan to. Travel was an issue for a while but the world is opening up once more. The less dense area on the scalp is quite small and its one of those decisions along the lines of "that would be nice to have". Hence, i'm thinking of following it up sometime around 2023. Having hair is still such a game changer! I wish you the best and enjoy your new hair!

On 3/16/2022 at 10:24 AM, FITA said:

Hi @Smash

Thanks for this detailed write up.

You originally agreed 1000 grafts but ended up getting 1500? Did you just have to pay the difference when you were there?

And the original 1000 estimated was based on pictures you sent?

I did pay the difference, yes. Before the procedure begins, the clinic will ask you if you are okay with having a few more grafts inserted for a better outcome. I think this happens once the doctor is operating on you and sees that a few more here and there might make a positive difference. You can also choose to pay exactly what was quoted to you and receive the exact number of grafts.

On 2/24/2022 at 9:34 PM, hybonix said:

How the hell did the doctor utilize the amount of grafts and have such a stellar results? 🤩 🤩 🤩  Congratulations on getting your youth back! AMAZING!!!

I went to the best! Thank you for your kind words!

On 2/24/2022 at 5:21 PM, George Clooney said:

Well your first surgery was hair magic and this second one is Da Vinci-esque as you put it. :) 

I'm not sure if we'll see you again but if you come back would love to see some shots with your hair pulled back.

Also, other than finasteride are you taking any medication or doing anything to maintain your hairline?

Thank you! I'm just taking 1mg finasteride a day (err...when I remember!) If I get a touch up, I'll pop back and write a third report. 

Edited by Smash
  • Like 1

Holy crap! It's remarkable how the hair transplant seems to have given your appearance a complete transformation. Night and day difference, honestly. And the detailed review/report is so appreciated. So happy for you! :) 

• Like 1

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56