UPDATED: Phil Mascallpen, 13 Months, 4700 Grafts, Dr. Hasson, blog link on the latest

Updated the blog (link is on latest post) to 3 months. If you have any questions or comments leave them here as I don't look at the blog after I update it.

Its funny how your eye sees what it wants to see. When I've been looking in the mirror it seemed like I had a lot of growth but the pictures show the reality.

If you click on the pics they will enlarge. I put up donor and temple shots.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phil, I think your scar has healed remarkably well for 3 months. I'm almost 6 months post-op and mine is redder than yours. Damn this pale skin!

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Thanks guys. I just want to clarify that I feel like my progress is right about the norm but that wishful thinking had me seeing more hair than was actually there.

Aaron there are parts of my scar that are darker in the back but I had a lot of trouble taking good pics. BTW your 5 month pics look excellent.

Megatron just wait till you get those stitches out! It is a tremendous relief.

Looking good and right on schedule, Phil. Looks like they're just starting to poke through.

I'm right about the same stage as you and I've had the same thing where I stare at it long enough in the mirror and start thinking it's comin in fast. Then I look at it hours later in normal lighting conditions and it's thin as a rake. Patience, I suppose.

Hang in there.

• 1 month later...

Hey HMO, my scar is pretty good from what I can see. As long as it doesn't stretch I'm fine with it. Since I had the Bosley open donor scarring my hair length was already restricted to at least an inch. At some point I might get more work and maybe have those filled in. I was very careful and beside one day of very light cardio at about 10 days I did no exercise until week eleven. I'll try to add some more scar pics at some point soon.

In the photos you can't see it but the right side is definitely coming in better so far. Like Joe said though, that is to be expected.

I can pull off a comb forward in low-light but otherwise I'm still under a hat outside the house. I'd rather not break it out until I'm sure it's not detectable.

• 4 weeks later...

Updated the blog with 5 months pics. There are 4 sets of pics under April. One showing the front and the right and left temples. The other 3 are a series of shots showing my 6 months crown progress from proscar. I'm really glad I kept photos because without looking back at them I don't think I would have realized how much the proscar has helped.

Just to clarify I had no grafts placed in my crown, all 4700 were placed in about the front 1.5 inches.

http://philmascallpen.blogspot.com/

Phil, your hair is looking great. I'm really impressed with the crown shots that you took. I started Proscar about 7 months ago...I wish I would have taken before/after pics of that as well. Anyways, you're making really good progress every month. Keep us posted.

My Hair Loss Website - HT with Dr. Hasson

Originally posted by phil mascallpen:

Updated the blog with 5 months pics. There are 4 sets of pics under April. One showing the front and the right and left temples. The other 3 are a series of shots showing my 6 months crown progress from proscar. I'm really glad I kept photos because without looking back at them I don't think I would have realized how much the proscar has helped.

http://philmascallpen.blogspot.com/

Congratulations Phil!

Dr Hasson did a great job!

-

1st Transplant: 5,485 grafts with Dr Jerry Wong

2nd Transplant: 3,100 grafts with Dr Jerry Wong

3rd Transplant: 5,035 grafts with Dr Sanusi Umar

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Wong

Thanks Julius, hairshare, FC and Drew!

Fingers I'm still amazed at what the proscar has done for the overall fullness of my hair in only 6 months. That's why I really believe anyone contemplating an HT, especially younger guys with mild loss, should take it for a year first to see if they can hold what they have and/or make any gains to avoid or put off an HT.

• 1 month later...

Updated the blog with 6 month photos.

Bill would you please change the Thread Title (for some reason the new IF does not allow this anymore) to the following: "UPDATED: Phil Mascallpen, 6 Months, 4734 Grafts, Dr. Hasson"

Here's the link to the blog: http://philmascallpen.blogspot.com/

All comments welcome!

Phil,

I've updated the title of this topic at your request :-).

Looking good so far!

Best wishes,

Bill Seemiller

ummm.... are you sure you did Bill? couse it still reads 5 months?

@Phil

honestly it does not look good as of now. bird nest written all over it.

the good news is it's only 6 months, and a lot of ppl are slow growers. i really hope that next few months will be good to you and that your result will look like something that we all expect from a clinic such as HW.