2 Weeks (14 Days) Post-Op

Ok guys I'm now 14 days out of surgery. Is everything looking normal? I might start scrubbing/shampooing the recipient area more aggressively to get the scruffy appearance cleaned. As you can see its still a bit crusty there. There doesn't seem an awful lot of growth or activity in the recipient areas other than that its been healing up. The donor is free from scabs, there's no pain in it and I think its probably healed properly. The mid-scalp and recipient area has been a bit numb since surgery, its still not come back to life but I think the numbness is starting to fade a little bit and I believe this is normal. Feedback would be apprecieated. Cheers.

Also last night when grooming a tiny bit of a scab came off at the hairline and a hair came with it. I assume this is normal at this stage?

20201224_155434.jpg

20201224_155443.jpg

20201224_155449.jpg

20201224_155502.jpg

20201224_155516.jpg

20201224_155539.jpg

20201224_155547.jpg

(Ross, would it be a big request to post your updates from your original thread instead of making a new one every week? 😳😳 I'm already following that thread and I'm sure I'll miss out on some of the new ones otherwise. Just saying, it's okay if you do not wish to. 😳)

Everything looks normal to me, perhaps the recipient is a bit too scabby still, nothing extreme, just maybe you might want to put some conditioner on it now before gently tapping/massaging them off. Otherwise you're healing great, I'm impressed. 😮

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Haha cheers bro. I'll see if I can copy and paste this into the original thread later.

If you think everything is looking normal then that's good to hear. I never thought to start using conditioner, maybe I will do that. I guess I'll give the head a good rub with shampoo in the shower this evening 😊

Agree with @UnbaldEagle, you should keep everything in one thread - that way it serves as a great reference for people visiting the forum in the future too and they can follow the whole journey. Right now you're making a new thread every day and sometimes even more.

• Thanks 1

Minoxidil 1x day

Stopped Fin due to sides

HT With Dr. Konior December 2020: https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/anotherhairlossdude/4442

Moisture is the key is what Dr. Konior told me and it's true.

It's been 14 days now you can shower and just keep your head under the stream of water for longer, it'll help with the scabs. Shampoo the recipient area as well, and then rinse it a lot, repeat twice a day to make the whole process faster.

I saw one of your (many) threads earlier and you seem to have started washing your hair too early (day 5/6/7?) but now at two weeks you should be completely safe when it comes to hair washing/shampooing. 

Minoxidil 1x day

Stopped Fin due to sides

HT With Dr. Konior December 2020: https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/anotherhairlossdude/4442

14 minutes ago, anotherhairlosssufferer said:

Moisture is the key is what Dr. Konior told me and it's true.

It's been 14 days now you can shower and just keep your head under the stream of water for longer, it'll help with the scabs. Shampoo the recipient area as well, and then rinse it a lot, repeat twice a day to make the whole process faster.

I saw one of your (many) threads earlier and you seem to have started washing your hair too early (day 5/6/7?) but now at two weeks you should be completely safe when it comes to hair washing/shampooing. 

Ok cool. I didn't realize it was so messy making separate threads. Note taken. Cheers.

I've resumed normal showers but I'm remaining cautious of having scorching hot water on my head. I actually started washing 2 days after surgery, I was advised to start washing one day after surgery. For the first 11/12 days I washed my hair by pouring cups of watery shampoo over my head.

So you reckon two washes per day is a good idea and moisturize, did you rub moisturozier onto your crusty recipient area?

29 minutes ago, Rossybop said:

I actually started washing 2 days after surgery, I was advised to start washing one day after surgery. For the first 11/12 days I washed my hair by pouring cups of watery shampoo over my head.

The grafts can reasonably still be dislodged during the first 3 days. You're probably fine, but I could - unlikely but theoretically possible - see a 2 day old graft being dislodged from washing it. 

Edited by DenverBuff1989
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, DenverBuff1989 said:

The grafts can reasonably still be dislodged during the first 3 days. You're probably fine, but I could in theory see a 2 day old graft being dislodged from washing it. 

Wow. Fuck. That's mad because a lot of doctors actually reccomend washing a via cups of water a day or 2 after surgery. Scary shit!

@Rossybop

Moisture = liquid/water in general. Moisturizing = putting water on your recipient area via a shower, not using a moisturizer on it. Do not use a moisturizer on your recipient area (not sure if it would be bad but no need for it).

I was also paranoid to shower my head with hot water so I used warm water. Basically I would reduce the temperature and then spend a minute at a time with my head under warm water and then resume with hot water without touching my head. Not sure if this is necessary but I did it, and I got a decent amount of water time that way. Really helps with the scabs if you do it twice a day.

Edited by anotherhairlosssufferer
  • Like 1

Minoxidil 1x day

Stopped Fin due to sides

31 minutes ago, anotherhairlosssufferer said:

@Rossybop

Moisture = liquid/water in general. Moisturizing = putting water on your recipient area via a shower, not using a moisturizer on it. Do not use a moisturizer on your recipient area (not sure if it would be bad but no need for it).

I was also paranoid to shower my head with hot water so I used warm water. Basically I would reduce the temperature and then spend a minute at a time with my head under warm water and then resume with hot water without touching my head. Not sure if this is necessary but I did it, and I got a decent amount of water time that way. Really helps with the scabs if you do it twice a day.

Cool man. I wouldn't have thought of your method. Maybe I'll try it out. I've basically resumed showering as normal but I don't leave my head under the water for way too long and I'm quite gentle with touching/shampooing the recipient areas. I think I'll defo start doing it twice a day until its free from flakes and scabs. Cheers.

28 minutes ago, Cali Time said:

I washed my hair and was rubbing getting scabs off starting day 7. Scabs were completely off by day 9. 

Wow! Gone in 2 days of rubbing. Nice. I think I'll start scrubbing harder when I take showers from now on.

Putting aloe on the area frequently throughout the day can really help speed up scab separation and is what my doctor suggested.  Mine's finally almost gone, but was going nowhere until I started doing that.

My Hair Transplant: 12/14/2020, 2,380 FUT, Dr. Konior
Medication:  Finasteride 1mg daily (most days I remember)