Machine Gun Kelly Refinement

Melvin- Admin

• Administrators

I’m not a fan of Machin Gun Kelly as an artist, but his hair is another story. I noticed his hair looks a lot more refined now. He’s had a strip, the scar looks top notch, he no doubt went to a good doctor. 

Here’s my thoughts, he probably went cheap first time around, no research, and then had a touch up with a well-researched doctor, the difference is night and day, let that be a lesson to us all. Sometimes I wonder if these celebrities that end up with incredible results lurk the forum 😁

Unrefined

0D466EF9-DF17-4D3F-94B6-70A6C45B497B.jpeg

Further refined

CEEE3068-B03C-48D1-B01E-3217F3481039.jpeg

level over 9000

3BC2E3F3-CCEA-4288-B0BF-217D851AC38F.jpeg

scar

A85E4A3B-2A45-477B-A700-B2735590D7A1.jpeg

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators

I agree, this guy is not dumb, he definitely did his research. He had strip for sure, so definitely he had it in North America.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Somewhat related, I doubt the Elon Musks and MGKs of the world need to wait in line behind everyone else to have surgery. I doubt Tom Cruise  would have to wait an entire year to get a transplant from Dr. Konior. When money is no object you can probably just buy other people's place in line. 

Edited by DenverBuff1989

• Administrators
1 minute ago, DenverBuff1989 said:

Somewhat related, I doubt the Elon Musks and Brad Pitts of the world need to wait in line behind everyone else to have surgery. I doubt Tom Cruise  would have to wait an entire year to get a transplant from Dr. Konior. When money is no object you can probably just buy other people's place in line. 

I don’t think that’s true, I’m pretty sure like everyone, stars would need time off where they could recover out of the public eye. What makes more sense is filling them in on their proposed date. Wait lists are not set in stone @anotherhairlosssufferer didn’t wait at all, he got fit in with a cancellation.

View my thread

• Administrators

Looks like he had FUE as well 

907626D8-1DB7-4CAB-9F02-C471A8608421.jpeg

View my thread

Melvin, I'm pretty sure you could have a good side hustle doing PI work if you ever get bored and want to expand your horizons. Lol. 

And you're right that his work does look so much more refined and polished, and anyone outside of the industry would never know it was a HT

• Haha 2

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, pkipling said:

Melvin, I'm pretty sure you could have a good side hustle doing PI work if you ever get bored and want to expand your horizons. Lol. 

And you're right that his work does look so much more refined and polished, and anyone outside of the industry would never know it was a HT

What brings you in today?

*I think my bf had a hair transplant, I can’t seem to find old pictures where he didn’t have a hat on.

Say no more I’m on the case.

😂

• Haha 3

View my thread

What does it actually take to achieve what he did? His results are what got me looking into HTs in the first place, and he had more aggressive loss then me at a younger age and I thought I would be a poor HT candidate because I am a NW3 with some crown thinning at age 27/28 (granted been on fin for a few years). 

What kind of graph count takes you from a Nw3/going Nw4 at age 24 to where he is at now? Is he likely going to be in trouble down the line when it comes to further loss? 

Edited by TrialAcc

On 12/17/2020 at 3:13 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

I don’t think that’s true, I’m pretty sure like everyone, stars would need time off where they could recover out of the public eye. What makes more sense is filling them in on their proposed date. Wait lists are not set in stone @anotherhairlosssufferer didn’t wait at all, he got fit in with a cancellation.

I was listening to a interview where logic was talking about potentially getting a 100k HT. He said after the consultation the doctor pretty much told them they were ready to go whenever he was. These guys 100% get their pick of the time that suites them most, and for most of these surgeons, I'm sure they can't wait to operate on big names if they are confident in their work. Word gets around in that industry and it markets itself, just like one of MGKs surgeons was leaked by one of those Paul brothers. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
  • Moderators
On 12/24/2020 at 6:48 PM, TrialAcc said:

What does it actually take to achieve what he did? His results are what got me looking into HTs in the first place, and he had more aggressive loss then me at a younger age and I thought I would be a poor HT candidate because I am a NW3 with some crown thinning at age 27/28 (granted been on fin for a few years). 

What kind of graph count takes you from a Nw3/going Nw4 at age 24 to where he is at now? Is he likely going to be in trouble down the line when it comes to further loss? 

I don't know his prior situation, but you have to be lucky enough to only have frontal loss or only very minor crown loss where the crown doesn't have obvious thinning until well into your 40s. You can take 2 people who look exactly the same from the front with a lot of frontal loss, but from the back if one has a large bald crown then they are not going to have anywhere near the same results.

My hair loss started in the crown and I had a completely bald crown several inches wide when I started my hair transplant. If I only had to transplant the front instead of an entire NW 6/7 area it would have turned out much better.

Edited by BeHappy

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.