Hair loss after 9 months of hair transplant

I had done hair transplant 9 moths ago. From last 1 month I started to experiencing a lot of hair fall. I started taking finesteride after my hair transplant and stopped talking it after 6 months. Could this be the reason of hair fall?

Any advise would be much appreciated.

I am very worried now 😟

Edited by Foxface
  • Like 1

• Foxface changed the title to Hair loss after 9 months of hair transplant
  • Administrators

Can you share some pictures? 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 12/17/2020 at 11:22 PM, Foxface said:

I had done hair transplant 9 moths ago. From last 1 month I started to experiencing a lot of hair fall. I started taking finesteride after my hair transplant and stopped talking it after 6 months. Could this be the reason of hair fall?

Any advise would be much appreciated.

I am very worried now 😟

Edited by jolly

• Moderators

If you were taking finisteride and it was working well for you then yes if you stop taking it your hair will start falling out after a few months and will eventually get to close to where it would have been if you never took finisteride. Sometimes you may not know or think finisteride was working because you don't see any gains from it, but it could have been holding on to your current hair. You only realize it once you stop taking it.

• Like 2

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

Can we see some pre op and post op pics ? To get some understanding of the situation ? Thanks 

Yes, we need to compare and see if you’re actually losing transplanted hair, or if you’re losing native hair.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Looks like loss of native hair to me. The underlying problem is usually genetics, people in advanced stages of balding are bound to lose hair quickly, sometimes within a couple of years. 

I doubt if that's the transplanted hair falling off, but even they are susceptible to thinning. 

Finasteride is your only hope once you hit NW 4 and above, and stability isn't in sight. 

@Foxface had your hair loss stabilised pre surgery? 

Edited by Captain Haddock

3 minutes ago, Captain Haddock said:

Looks like loss of native hair to me. The underlying problem is usually genetics, people in advanced stages of balding are bound to lose hair quickly, sometimes within a couple of years. 

I doubt if that's the transplanted hair falling off, but even they are susceptible to thinning. 

Finasteride is your only hope once you hit NW 4 and above. 

@Foxface had your hair loss stabilised pre surgery? 

Yes, it was stabilised. So would finasteride help in regaining them?

• Administrators

It does appear slightly thinned, but it could be your native hair. Are you on finasteride?

View my thread

24 minutes ago, Foxface said:

Yes, it was stabilised. So would finasteride help in regaining them?

You could try a smaller dose of finasteride, around .50mg per day if you're too worried to take the full dose. I'm going to do something similar from the coming week.

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, Foxface said:

I was till 6 months then I stopped

That’s your answer, coincides perfectly with your hair loss. You still had a lot of native hair left, which thinned once you stopped. It usually takes a few months to notice. I suggest getting back on and seeing if you can get a prescription for oral minoxidil.

View my thread

It most likely is the stopping of finasteride. It is hard to see exactly the thinning areas now in relation to your before surgery photos. It would be nice to see recent photos but not as close up as the ones you posted please. 

• Like 1

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram