Which surgeon would you recommend in my case? (Pics attached)

kingk

There are many good surgeons. You should consult with a few recommended on this site and go with one you are most comfortable with a long term plan.

Has your loss stabilized on Finasteride? You have a diffuse hair loss pattern. Were you planning on focusing on the front for now? With your age it might be better to leave the crown at this time to see how things progress. You also seem to have good donor hair characteristics which should work in your favor. Research well before making a decision and seek opinions on the forums it will be helpful.

I'll also recommend Eugenix in India. They have fantastic examples of procedures on higher Norwood patients. You'll need around 6,000 grafts, and at that amount Eugenix prices are best in class.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, deitel130 said:

There are many good surgeons. You should consult with a few recommended on this site and go with one you are most comfortable with a long term plan.

Has your loss stabilized on Finasteride? You have a diffuse hair loss pattern. Were you planning on focusing on the front for now? With your age it might be better to leave the crown at this time to see how things progress. You also seem to have good donor hair characteristics which should work in your favor. Research well before making a decision and seek opinions on the forums it will be helpful.

Yes finasteride has stabilized my hair loss. I've only been on it for a year but it doesn't seem to be progressing much quicker. I am planning to have entire scalp on first session and then maybe in the future do a 2nd transplant. Why would it be better to leave my crown for now if I'm planning on transplanting over it any way? I understand I'm going to lose more hair in the future but why not just get a couple "dense" years in and worry about the rest when I'm much older? 

I've looked into Eugenix, I am also looking into clinics from Turkey such as ASMED, HLC, Hakan, Dr. Bhatti. 

• Administrators

Have you considered oral minoxidil? For your case I think two great clinics would be Hasson and Wong and Eugenix, you need a clinic with a history if doing Norwood 6s.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

22 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Have you considered oral minoxidil? For your case I think two great clinics would be Hasson and Wong and Eugenix, you need a clinic with a history if doing Norwood 6s.

I've tried topical and it made the thinning more noticeable. Eugenix is great, however they recommended they were not going to operate on the crown and mostly on the frontal but I am trying to get a full coverage.

8 hours ago, Guanyu76 said:

did euginex say they would not be able to do the crown this time, but could do it eventually? or they would not do the crown at all?

They said they will leave it to finasteride to improve but since it's been a year they are planning to do 700 grafts in the crown. However, max 3000 grafts, anything more is from my beard (which I'd rather not have any from beard). 

They said my lifetime donor capacity is 4500-5000.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2020 at 3:37 AM, kingk said:

Could I ask what makes you say its not an easy case?

diffuse.thumb.jpg.7cf2e33b60d4ae4438004c07ecdfefce.jpg

I would say you have a huge diffuse alopecia which makes this case not as easy as it may appear... But Eugenix seems to have experience with this kind of cases.