That’s why HT is not the solution !

2 minutes ago, Seniormido said:

Do you think Wayne Rooney didn’t do his research and didn’t choose a top clinic ?

He chose poor uk clinics and had a low amount of FUE each time. So what’s left on his head is all grafts, and none of his native hair. He has tried chasing his Norwood 6 with poor effect. 
If he chose a better Clinic In future I believe he could look a hell of a lot better.

• Like 1

I do not think a celebrity star like rooney , for whom money does not matter , went to a cheap clinic , lets all admit that transplanted hair do not last forever in my opinion , if you are not on medication like the dreaded  finasteride or some other dht blocker ..... period ...... , donor hair is susceptible to dht in the recipient area as it appear to be quiet strong along the frontal hairline mid and crown , so no matter from where you take it , dht will attack it on the frontal zones unless you block it .

1 minute ago, jolly said:

1. I do not think a celebrity star like rooney , for whom money does not matter , went to a cheap clinic ,

2. lets all admit that transplanted hair do not last forever in my opinion 

1. No one said he went to a cheap clinic. He most likely went to one of the typical VIP clinics which are often expensive and still deliver poor quality or have no long term plan for the clients. In Europe there are plenty of this VIP clinics...

2. This sentence is a contradiction in itself 😉 If you donor hair is affected by DHT depends on your personal pattern of hairloss. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jolly said:

I do not think a celebrity star like rooney , for whom money does not matter , went to a cheap clinic , lets all admit that transplanted hair do not last forever in my opinion , if you are not on medication like the dreaded  finasteride or some other dht blocker ..... period ...... , donor hair is susceptible to dht in the recipient area as it appear to be quiet strong along the frontal hairline mid and crown , so no matter from where you take it , dht will attack it on the frontal zones unless you block it .

That still would not explain transplanted hairs falling out so quickly after the procedure, even if the newly transplanted hairs became DHT susceptible. You're using an extreme case here and applying it as the rule.

17 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

He chose poor uk clinics and had a low amount of FUE each time. So what’s left on his head is all grafts, and none of his native hair. He has tried chasing his Norwood 6 with poor effect. 
If he chose a better Clinic In future I believe he could look a hell of a lot better.

Rooney had his HTs done at the Harley Street Hair Clinic, where Spex also had one of his and is a patient advisor for the clinic now. I wouldn't call them a poor clinic, however they are not quite there as the only 2 elites in the UK imo - Dr. Ball and Dr. Reddy and they are unreasonably expensive -  Rooney forked out £30,000 (!!!) there.

I agree with the rest though.. He was chasing a NW6 and while he once took finasteride, he surely stopped after having kids (4 if I recall correctly) and that must have made things only worse. 

To be honest, he's pretty much doomed hair wise, unless he'd consider BHT in the future as he seems to be having a lot of that. :)

On the other hand, to show you how most people have no idea what happens when you have a HT without being on meds or with aggressive MPB - I remember an article by The Sun years ago, something like "Rooney's hair is thinning again" and most comments were like "how is he still balding if he spent all that money on hair transplants". 

Yep I knew he had his first Ht at the Harley Street Clinic. When I say poor clinic I mean they are not even one of the Uks best. And we only have a few Clinics capable of putting out really good results. For me in the Uk it’s Dr Arshad and the other 2 you mentioned. 

It’s not documented anywhere exactly how many Grafts he had on each Ht. Still think if he chose carefully for a final ht he could do much better. 

• Like 1

Anyway, if Rooney would be lurking these forums (lol), I'd advise him to go to Eugenix for 4-5K beard grafts, I mean he always had short hair so it wouldn't be an issue. His hair problems would be pretty much solved (well, until the sides start dropping too - but he might just have enough BHT for that too).

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, UnbaldEagle said:

Anyway, if Rooney would be lurking these forums (lol), I'd advise him to go to Eugenix for 4-5K beard grafts, I mean he always had short hair so it wouldn't be an issue. His hair problems would be pretty much solved (well, until the sides start dropping too - but he might just have enough BHT for that too).

It’s the same issue. After few years the sides and the crown will go down more !

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JohnAC71 said:

Yep I knew he had his first Ht at the Harley Street Clinic. When I say poor clinic I mean they are not even one of the Uks best. And we only have a few Clinics capable of putting out really good results. For me in the Uk it’s Dr Arshad and the other 2 you mentioned. 

It’s not documented anywhere exactly how many Grafts he had on each Ht. Still think if he chose carefully for a final ht he could do much better. 

Oh... Okay, makes sense, thanks for clarifying, John. :) I thought the same. HS Hair Clinic is clearly not the best, Spex may advocate them along with all the other IAHRS members, but I have never even seen a single patient posted result here.

Just now, JohnAC71 said:

Does seem a lot of us Norwood 6 have hair everywhere else apart from our damn scalp. Rooney does have a awesome beard 😀

Wish I could say the same. :( Almost no body hair, except for my minox beard.. :( Literally, 80% of that is from minox. 

4 minutes ago, UnbaldEagle said:

Wish I could say the same. :( Almost no body hair, except for my minox beard.. :( Literally, 80% of that is from minox. 

Yes but your only a Norwood 3. And hopefully now you had your ht a future Norwood 1. 
Rooney was always destined to end up a Norwood 6. Maybe even 7 in future years ! 😀

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Seniormido said:

I mean you still need scalp hair to get good results

You do, and if Rooney has still got scalp donor and went to a top clinic and combined with BHT he may be ok. That’s best case scenario for him. 
However I think he always was a poor candidate for a ht. with high loss already from a young age and never stayed on any meds to prevent further loss. 
Beckham seems to be in a much stronger position. He’s mid 40s and seems to still have pretty good hair once it grows out a bit. He did have minor FUE In 2018. 

2 minutes ago, Seniormido said:

What if you become NW 7 with very low sides and back after spending all this money and time !

Not a tragedy for Rooney, he's rich and famous and most importantly has a family of 4 kids, plus he was always kinda ugly to begin with. 😁

For others who are not Rooney but went through the same, well, whole different story. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

You do, and if Rooney has still got scalp donor and went to a top clinic and combined with BHT he may be ok. That’s best case scenario for him. 
However I think he always was a poor candidate for a ht. with high loss already from a young age and never stayed on any meds to prevent further loss. 
Beckham seems to be in a much stronger position. He’s mid 40s and seems to still have pretty good hair once it grows out a bit. He did have minor FUE In 2018. 

He might just shave it all !

• Thanks 1