One day after FUE Surgery - Saifi, Poland, 2,040 Grafts

Hi guys,

Its well over 24 hours since I finished my transplant now. The head here is wet because I literally just sprayed it.

Is everything looking normal? I put the spray bottle too close to my head earlier and incidentally bumped it off my head 😭 I also bent over to pick up a book on the airplane today and incidentally made contact with the seat in front of me, again giving the head a little bump. I was told that I might get away lucky without damage following those bumps because no blood was drawn. I didn't spray the head for a whole 3 hours on one of the flights home but apart from that I've sprayed it an average of once every hour all day today. Its looking very red in general, red like a raw steak. There's not a lot of thick scabs, mostly blotches of dry blood.

Does everything seem to be alright at this point? Have I sprayed enough? Will those two bumps ruin any grafts? 😭 Scary times guys! Scary!

20201211_231735.jpg

20201211_231724.jpg

20201211_231743.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HCH said:

Dude, nothing to worry about it looks good. You need to be patient and no too anxious about it.

I see you were looking for Dr. Bicer in Turkey, why did you choose this Dr ?

Cool. Thanks bro. I decided not to go gor Bicer because she qouted me too many grafts and it didn't seem right. She estimated I would beed two transplants in 12 months. The first with 3,000+ grafts and the second with an unknown estimate of grafts. That was just too high for my liking. I whittled it down to Dr Saifi and Dr Anastasakis, and in the end I chose Saifi because people on this forum said he was good.

Looks good, happy growing! would be great if you could take closer up pics so we can all see the more specific graft placement. Definitely keep taking Fin or Dut. The Hair Transplant's good appearance will depend on the native hair "island" you have in the front holding up. Without pharmaceutical or any other assistance, it seems likely you would lose this section of hair at some point in your life, so continue to monitor it. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DenverBuff1989 said:

Looks good, happy growing! would be great if you could take closer up pics so we can all see the more specific graft placement. Definitely keep taking Fin or Dut. The Hair Transplant's good appearance will depend on the native hair "island" you have in the front holding up. Without pharmaceutical or any other assistance, it seems likely you would lose this section of hair at some point in your life, so continue to monitor it. 

Cheers man. I will do that and report back. I'm on finasteride and thankfully when the doctor examined the island and the crown he said it was in very good condition, very dense and he does not believe there's much risk of it thinning out any time soon.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DenverBuff1989 said:

I'm not sure if that's good enough to see the specific graft placement. I'll take a super intense picture tomorrow when I have quality daylight shining in and then everything will be visible with extra detail. Stupid question - is it possible to know if I have damaged any grafts by looking at that picture? I bent over to pick a book off the floor of the plane yesterday and bumped my head into the seat in front of me. Also yesterday when I was spraying without the assistance of a mirror I brought the spray bottle so close to my head that it actually bumped off my head 😭

20201212_230616.jpg

the resolution is still a bit murky, but from what I can tell it looks good. Seems like all the problem areas were covered. I could be wrong but it looks slightly less grafts were used right behind the middle part of the island - I think it will still blend in well if all the other hair grows! 

You've now entered the hardest part of the hair transplant journey, which is waiting for the hair to grow lol. Besides protecting the grafts for the first 10 days, the rest is out of your hands now. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Rossybop said:

Cool. Thanks bro. I decided not to go gor Bicer because she qouted me too many grafts and it didn't seem right. She estimated I would beed two transplants in 12 months. The first with 3,000+ grafts and the second with an unknown estimate of grafts. That was just too high for my liking. I whittled it down to Dr Saifi and Dr Anastasakis, and in the end I chose Saifi because people on this forum said he was good.

Cool, good choice anyway :)

Happy growing !

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DenverBuff1989 said:

the resolution is still a bit murky, but from what I can tell it looks good. Seems like all the problem areas were covered. I could be wrong but it looks slightly less grafts were used right behind the middle part of the island - I think it will still blend in well if all the other hair grows! 

You've now entered the hardest part of the hair transplant journey, which is waiting for the hair to grow lol. Besides protecting the grafts for the first 10 days, the rest is out of your hands now. 

Damn sorry about that. Its this phone. I'll try update a better one later. You are absolutely right about the bit behind the island; that area purposely received less grafts because it is not actually bald there, it is just pretty thin, so the aim on that target was to bulk up the density whereas the corners of the hairline were fully bald and so needed a full replenishment.

Waiting for the hair to grow won't be too tricky for me. For me the hardest part is getting through these risky stages where damage can be done to the follicles 😭😂 I still haven't decided what kind of routine I might approach with regards to returning to the gym in a few weeks but I'll jump that hurdle when I get to it. I might avoid bulking powder and creatine for a good few months if it will make any difference to my result.

Congrats on pulling the trigger! Like to see it when guys get their temple points done, important part of optimizing for natural look. Alot of guys get tunnel vision only paying attention to the top and too many docs lack the skill to want to address it. Don't fret too much on the head bumps, esp when there was no blood. I bumped my head on an open cabinet door above the sink after my last procedure, didn't effect final result.

As far as resuming your activities post op, there's no medical justification for waiting more than a few weeks to restart aspects of your life. If you aren't already taking minoxidil, you could start after the first week or two to potentially jump start some early growth.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ciaus said:

Congrats on pulling the trigger! Like to see it when guys get their temple points done, important part of optimizing for natural look. Alot of guys get tunnel vision only paying attention to the top and too many docs lack the skill to want to address it. Don't fret too much on the head bumps, esp when there was no blood. I bumped my head on an open cabinet door above the sink after my last procedure, didn't effect final result.

As far as resuming your activities post op, there's no medical justification for waiting more than a few weeks to restart aspects of your life. If you aren't already taking minoxidil, you could start after the first week or two to potentially jump start some early growth.

Thanks bro! It was nerve-wracking but I did it in the end. I wasn't actually going to do the temporal points but I decided to throw them into the mix as well on the day! 🙈 

I'm trying to forget about the head bumps but I'd be lying if I said it doesn't still make me paranoid when I think about it. Was your bump hard and did it bleed? 

My instructions say to wait 3 weeks before starting minoxidil as well as easing back into the gym. I was told though that bulking powders and creatine can aggrivate hair loss and that's one thing that spooks me.

There was no blood, just a little redness. On the bulking powders, that's an interesting dilemma for the hair transplant inclined, if they are working in part by increasing your testosterone then I would expect there to be additional testosterone to DHT conversion going on, probably not good for those DHT sensitive hair follicles. You really have to envy those body builders all sterioded up and still able to sport a full head of hair effortlessly, but then they've got other potential problems to worry about down the road more serious than hair.

1 hour ago, ciaus said:

There was no blood, just a little redness. On the bulking powders, that's an interesting dilemma for the hair transplant inclined, if they are working in part by increasing your testosterone then I would expect there to be additional testosterone to DHT conversion going on, probably not good for those DHT sensitive hair follicles. You really have to envy those body builders all sterioded up and still able to sport a full head of hair effortlessly, but then they've got other potential problems to worry about down the road more serious than hair.

Cool. I'm glad to hear you didn't do any damage. I didn't notice any extra redness after mine so maybe I'm ok.

The gym thing is an interesting dilemna. I have no desire to be a body builder but I'm a small guy and I like to try and keep my frame in reasonably good shape. I like to stock just the right amount of muscle. I do some light jogging and light swimming too. My desire is to hit the powders for maybe 6 weeks after Xmas but if its going to mess with my hair I won't bother. Its a bummer watching my muscles shrink though 😭 Life is never fair is it lol.

• Like 1