Bumped Grafts

Guys how hard do you have to bump your grafts to ruin them? 😢 When I was spraying my head without a mirror I brought the spray bottle so close to my head that it banged against my head where some of the grafts are 😢 This is so upsetting.

4 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

You should be fine if you haven’t got any blood loss? Dislodged grafts are accompanied by a long trickle of blood, very noticeable.

I see. Is that definitely always the case. As far as I know there was no blood loss. I didn't notice much blood anyway. I patted my forehead down with tissue after words, to dry the dripping water off my forehead, and the tissue had a red tint in it, which I reckon was just dry blood mixing with the water and running down my forehead. I got to a mirror about one minute later and there was no real bleeding in the recipient area.

Oh man I had something similar happen just now. The sprayer that is given me doesn't really spray well so I had to bring it real close to my recipient area and one of fingers slightly tapped on one of the grafts. 

I got shit scared. I still am - although nothing seems out of place and I think there was no damage done. 

Getting a new sprayer bottle now. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Captain Haddock said:

Oh man I had something similar happen just now. The sprayer that is given me doesn't really spray well so I had to bring it real close to my recipient area and one of fingers slightly tapped on one of the grafts. 

I got shit scared. I still am - although nothing seems out of place and I think there was no damage done. 

Getting a new sprayer bottle now. 

Jesus lad this is risky business 🙈 They should provide us with full-time care assistants for two weeks when we have transplants. That is so similar to what I did except instead of a finger it was the hard plastic lip of the spray bottle that I bumped off my head.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Rossybop said:

Jesus lad this is risky business 🙈 They should provide us with full-time care assistants for two weeks when we have transplants. That is so similar to what I did except instead of a finger it was the hard plastic lip of the spray bottle that I bumped off my head.

Hopefully we are ok. Please God everything will be fine 🙏🏻

53 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

If you can show a pic I could see ? Sounds like you had a lucky escape though 😌

I think I bumped it off somewhere in that region that's circled. It was the plastic lip of the spray bottled that I banged off my head 😭

20201211_115910.jpg

20201211_121002.jpg

Just now, Rossybop said:

I think I bumped it off somewhere in that region that's circled. It was the plastic lip of the spray bottled that I banged off my head 😭

20201211_115910.jpg

20201211_121002.jpg

Honestly it looks fine. When you say banged it usually implies good force, which I don't think was the case. 

Don't worry about it mate, everything will be good. Will keep you in my prayers. 

18 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

Can’t see any sign of a dislodged graft! Honestly think your fine. 

That is good news. I will try not to worry. What does a dislodged graft look like? Also do grafts need to be dislodged in order to be destroyed?

20 minutes ago, Captain Haddock said:

Honestly it looks fine. When you say banged it usually implies good force, which I don't think was the case. 

Don't worry about it mate, everything will be good. Will keep you in my prayers. 

I didn't like smash it off my head or hit it very hard but it made contact. It was probably a light bump. I'll try not to worry though. Thanks bro I'll keep you in my prayers too.

45 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

Blood will be trickling down your head. It’s really noticeable if it happens. 

I see I see. So long as there's no bleeding I'm ok? 😯 I also just bumped my head on the plane, bending down to pick up a book and my head contacted the seat in front of me. Scary! But no blood.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Rossybop said:

I see I see. So long as there's no bleeding I'm ok? 😯 I also just bumped my head on the plane, bending down to pick up a book and my head contacted the seat in front of me. Scary! But no blood.

Mate, you need to lock yourself in a room and tie your hands 😂

• Haha 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Captain Haddock said:

Mate, you need to lock yourself in a room and tie your hands 😂

I know I am a liability 😭 It is scary trying to be extra safe. Just boarded a connection flight home now and when I get in in 3 hours its straight up to bed for 2 weeks, curtains pulled, spray bottle by the bedside and no more risky busiess 😂

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Rossybop said:

I agree, full-time care assistants is the only safe way. 😍

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rossybop said:

I know I am a liability 😭 It is scary trying to be extra safe. Just boarded a connection flight home now and when I get in in 3 hours its straight up to bed for 2 weeks, curtains pulled, spray bottle by the bedside and no more risky busiess 😂

Rossybop, were people staring at your hair a lot? I'm scared shitless as I'll have to wait around 4 hours in Heathrow, quite a busy airport. :)

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, UnbaldEagle said:

Rossybop, were people staring at your hair a lot? I'm scared shitless as I'll have to wait around 4 hours in Heathrow, quite a busy airport. :)

Buy a cheap cane, wrap your arm up in bandages, and make it look like you got into a motorcycle accident.

You'll gain tons of sympathy from stewardesses as well 😅

5 hours ago, Rossybop said:

Mate all jokes aside I would tie your hands up when you sleep. I woke my self up on the first night trying to scratch the grafts! Luckily none dislodged. I just used the belt off my dressing gown from then on. Just tie it one wrist pass it under your back and then onto the other. Doesn't need to be tight, just enough so your hand can't reach your head 😀 

• Like 1