Bumped Grafts

1 hour ago, UnbaldEagle said:

I agree, full-time care assistants is the only safe way. 😍

It would be great if some very tasty ladies bring you home from the clinic and care for you and treat you like a king maybe for two weeks or maybe for many years 🤷‍♂️ That is how gentlemen should be treated. That's my philosophy on life.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, UnbaldEagle said:

Rossybop, were people staring at your hair a lot? I'm scared shitless as I'll have to wait around 4 hours in Heathrow, quite a busy airport. :)

I tried not to focus too much on how other people were observing me. I didn't notice any outrageous looks though, although I'm sure people probably thought I was a Norwod maniac. The hotel reception kind of looked like she was about to laugh and a security guard at customs looked at me for ages while checking my passport. Apart from that everything was grand. I had a big bag that said Saifi Hair Clinic too 😂 When I was taking my coat on and off I was doing real carefully to avoid rubbing my grafts I'd say that looked funny. I had a transfer to donandca lot of walking around with my two bags, so much so that now I'm worried that I exercised too much today and it might upset the grafts.

38 minutes ago, Richie888 said:

Mate all jokes aside I would tie your hands up when you sleep. I woke my self up on the first night trying to scratch the grafts! Luckily none dislodged. I just used the belt off my dressing gown from then on. Just tie it one wrist pass it under your back and then onto the other. Doesn't need to be tight, just enough so your hand can't reach your head 😀 

Are you serious? Wow! This hair transplant business really is risky :o Here we have a man who woke himself up itching his grafts out and I'm just after having two bumps before even arriving home :o I'm a light sleeper so I might be ok for the belt but that does sound like a good idea man. I had to take two flights home and it was a bit stressful and there was a lot of rushing around with my two bags and now I'm genuinely worried that my heart and blood pressure went up too much today and I'd wonder would that affect the grafts, because, I'm told to avoid heavy exercise for 3 weeks. Airports are stressful.

1 hour ago, Rossybop said:

So do you need to give the head a good proper wallop to do any damage?

I read that after 3 days you need surgical tools to completely dislodge the graft.

The fibrin at that point has grown strong enough to resist minor pulling.

That doesnt mean you probably couldnt do it if you really tried though, but I wouldnt worry about it if I were you

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rossybop said:

Are you serious? Wow! This hair transplant business really is risky :o Here we have a man who woke himself up itching his grafts out and I'm just after having two bumps before even arriving home :o I'm a light sleeper so I might be ok for the belt but that does sound like a good idea man. I had to take two flights home and it was a bit stressful and there was a lot of rushing around with my two bags and now I'm genuinely worried that my heart and blood pressure went up too much today and I'd wonder would that affect the grafts, because, I'm told to avoid heavy exercise for 3 weeks. Airports are stressful.

You're getting paranoid  😂

Thats okay though, I was paranoid too for the first 10 days.

I didnt even take a bath for the first 5 days because I was paranoid I'd bump my head on the bathtub

• Haha 2

Here, read this: https://www.realself.com/question/dublin-long-after-ht-grafts-fully-secure-dislodged-vigorous-massaging-shampooing

How long after a HT are grafts fully secure and can't be dislodged even with vigorous massaging and shampooing?

Answer: 48-72 hours after transplant, an instrument is needed to dislodge grafts, so you can scrub your scalp without worry

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Westview said:

I read that after 3 days you need surgical tools to completely dislodge the graft.

The fibrin at that point has grown strong enough to resist minor pulling.

That doesnt mean you probably couldnt do it if you really tried though, but I wouldnt worry about it if I were you

Cool! That's very interesting. I onky had my transplant 24 hours ago though 😭 I'd be heartbroken if a bunch of grafts have been damaged. Heartbroken.

You're getting paranoid  😂

Thats okay though, I was paranoid too for the first 10 days.

I didnt even take a bath for the first 5 days because I was paranoid I'd bump my head on the bathtub

You can never be too safe 🤷🏻‍♂️ Especially when it seems we are prone to bumping our heads and what not. Your decision to avoid the bath was a safe move. I just hope to God I didn't damage any grafts with those two head bumps earlier 🙈

Here, read this: https://www.realself.com/question/dublin-long-after-ht-grafts-fully-secure-dislodged-vigorous-massaging-shampooing

How long after a HT are grafts fully secure and can't be dislodged even with vigorous massaging and shampooing?

Answer: 48-72 hours after transplant, an instrument is needed to dislodge grafts, so you can scrub your scalp without worry

Cool man. Thanks.

2 minutes ago, Rossybop said:

You can never be too safe 🤷🏻‍♂️ Especially when it seems we are prone to bumping our heads and what not. Your decision to avoid the bath was a safe move. I just hope to God I didn't damage any grafts with those two head bumps earlier 🙈

Just stop bumping your head 😀 or you will have to change your username to Rossybump 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JohnAC71 said:

Just stop bumping your head 😀 or you will have to change your username to Rossybump 

I am going to do my best to bump no more. I am home and safe now 🙌 I just hope to God the two bumps I had earlier have not disrupted anything.

13 hours ago, Rossybop said:

I am going to do my best to bump no more. I am home and safe now 🙌 I just hope to God the two bumps I had earlier have not disrupted anything.

You have nothing to worry about. Even if you did dislodge a few grafts (which I dont think you did), it would be easily repaired with a few dozen grafts in a year from now.  So no worries, okay?? 👍

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Westview said:

You have nothing to worry about. Even if you did dislodge a few grafts (which I dont think you did), it would be easily repaired with a few dozen grafts in a year from now.  So no worries, okay?? 👍

Cool! A repair job would be such an inconvenience though 😭

2 hours ago, Rossybop said:

Cool! A repair job would be such an inconvenience though 😭

Not really.  A repair job would just be a partially shaved FUE on your donor area, and then  a no-shave recipient transplant.

You'd be in and out of that surgery in a couple of hours.

It would look something like this:

bsi-bsip-013525-003.jpg

Edited by Westview

Not really.  A repair job would just be a partially shaved FUE on your donor area, and then  a no-shave recipient transplant.

You'd be in and out of that surgery in a couple of hours.

It would look something like this:

bsi-bsip-013525-003.jpg

It would still be so annoying 😭 I'd so rather not have to get it done. Is there any way of telling if you've damaged grafts? Some people here say if you bleed after a bump that means you damaged a graft. Will you always draw blood after damaging a graft?