Dr Konstantinos Anastasakis

This coming week I will book a hair transplant. I have whittled it down to either Dr Marwan Saifi in Poland or Dr Konstantinos Anastasakis in Greece.

Both of these surgeons seem to be top quality, yet there are not many reviews here concerning Dr Anastasakis. Can anyone tell me about him?

Thanks.

I completely understand where you're coming from, but Dr Anastasakis is doing great work in the field of hair restoration. He has just published a 903 page scientific book on hair. I also came upon a dermatologist - Dr Peter Prendergast - who had a transplant from Anastasakis, and he has good things to say about him. Dr Prendergast reccomends his own patients to see Dr Anastasakis. I'm just surprised that he doesn't have many reviews here because he seems like an awesome guy. He's also had 3 transplants himself, he details it in a blog on his website.

He might be doing great work, we just need to see it 😀 if you can find actual patient results and their journeys great. I’m not sure if it’s still the case but Dr Saifi usually has a long waiting list. In the current climate that could be different.

Good you have got it down to just 2 Drs. Exciting time when you book in, good luck whoever you choose. 

• Administrators

I’ve never heard of the other surgeon, but I’ve seen some good results from Saifi. An Irish fellow @romperstomper29 went to him years back. Unfortunately, it looks like he had additional hair loss, so I’m not sure if he’s shaving his head now. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I see, cool.

Unfortuneately that's the drawback with HTs. Most people will need at least 2 transplants in their lifetime. My hair loss seems to be relatively slow. In the 11 years that I've been losing it (I'm 30 now) my only fully bald spots are in the hairline.

I never treated it up until 3 months ago. I started using finasteride and I started throwing Regaine in on top about 3 weeks ago. I'm willing to stay on these medications if they work well. There seems to be a bit of thinning in the mid-scalp but maybe I can add density to it during my HT and if that happens hopefully I won't need my second transplant for a long time. However I am fully prepared to get a second and even third transplant later on in life if neccesary.

• 8 months later...
On 11/8/2020 at 9:20 PM, Rossybop said:

I completely understand where you're coming from, but Dr Anastasakis is doing great work in the field of hair restoration. He has just published a 903 page scientific book on hair. I also came upon a dermatologist - Dr Peter Prendergast - who had a transplant from Anastasakis, and he has good things to say about him. Dr Prendergast reccomends his own patients to see Dr Anastasakis. I'm just surprised that he doesn't have many reviews here because he seems like an awesome guy. He's also had 3 transplants himself, he details it in a blog on his website.

On 11/8/2020 at 9:42 PM, JohnAC71 said:

He might be doing great work, we just need to see it 😀 if you can find actual patient results and their journeys great. I’m not sure if it’s still the case but Dr Saifi usually has a long waiting list. In the current climate that could be different.

Good you have got it down to just 2 Drs. Exciting time when you book in, good luck whoever you choose. 

Hey guys, this thread dropped off a while ago, but... 

Rossybop, did you make a decision yet on a doctor?

Dr. Anastasakis is very much on my radar. I am hoping to have a video consultation with him sometime later this month. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kanadian said:

Dr. Anastasakis is very much on my radar. I am hoping to have a video consultation with him sometime later this month. 

@Rossybopchose Dr Saifi ! Check out his journey 👌

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kanadian said:

Hey Kanadian, I actually went with Saifi in the end but not because I didn't trust Anastasakis. I just went to Saifi because he was more convenient and he had more pics of white skinned blonde haired patients like myself, and also at the time with Covid it was easier to travel to Poland.

I would say Anastasakis is absolutely solid mate to be honest. His customer service is very good, its very customer focused. I contacted his clinic several times while I was researching surgery. They were genuine in their concern for patient welfare. Also his quotes are somewhat Conservative and modest. He's very long-term orientated. He's one of the cheapest quality surgeons on the market and he is very proud of his mastery in both FUT and FUE. I spoke to an Irish guy that had his HT done by Anastasakis and he was delighted with the result.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

@Rossybopchose Dr Saifi ! Check out his journey 👌

3 minutes ago, Rossybop said:

Hey Kanadian, I actually went with Saifi in the end but not because I didn't trust Anastasakis. I just went to Saifi because he was more convenient and he had more pics of white skinned blonde haired patients like myself, and also at the time with Covid it was easier to travel to Poland.

I would say Anastasakis is absolutely solid mate to be honest. His customer service is very good, its very customer focused. I contacted his clinic several times while I was researching surgery. They were genuine in their concern for patient welfare. Also his quotes are somewhat Conservative and modest. He's very long-term orientated. He's one of the cheapest quality surgeons on the market and he is very proud of his mastery in both FUT and FUE. I spoke to an Irish guy that had his HT done by Anastasakis and he was delighted with the result.

Hey guys, thanks for the update! Actually I have seen Rossybops thread before, I had just forgotten about it.

I am really happy that your HT has worked out well for you!! It looks great.

Thank you very much for the information regarding Dr. Anastasakis. Always nice to hear that former patients are pleased with their results.

And yes, one of the big reasons I am considering Anastasakis, is because he does both FUT and FUE. I believe that I will need both, cause I have a whole lot more hair loss that you did... Haha. :(

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kanadian said:

Hey guys, thanks for the update! Actually I have seen Rossybops thread before, I had just forgotten about it.

I am really happy that your HT has worked out well for you!! It looks great.

Thank you very much for the information regarding Dr. Anastasakis. Always nice to hear that former patients are pleased with their results.

And yes, one of the big reasons I am considering Anastasakis, is because he does both FUT and FUE. I believe that I will need both, cause I have a whole lot more hair loss that you did... Haha. :(

As a thought, have you considered Dr Bisanga? He does some excellent combo cases FUT/FUE.. 

8 hours ago, JohnAC71 said:

As a thought, have you considered Dr Bisanga? He does some excellent combo cases FUT/FUE.. 

I have recently gotten an assessment from Dr. Bisanga, yes. He is very expensive...! His results look amazing, but I don't think that Bisanga will be the guy for me unfortunately

5 minutes ago, Kanadian said:

I have recently gotten an assessment from Dr. Bisanga, yes. He is very expensive...! His results look amazing, but I don't think that Bisanga will be the guy for me unfortunately

He is cheaper when he is in Athens, Is that where you were being quoted for ? 

Edited by JohnAC71

3 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

He is cheaper when he is in Athens, Is that where you were being quoted for ? 

Oh yeah? I am honestly not sure... I will have to clarify this with the person I was talking to.

• Like 1

Dr Anastasakis is good when it comes to fut cause not many drs are doing that anymore. If you want a fut yes, he is doing alot of combo fut fue

You will have grown for sure, The problem that ive seen is the density, in some cases the density is good in some they are poor.   Here you can see some results.

Edited by Melvin- Moderator
Removed link
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, _Hairman_ said:

Dr Anastasakis is good when it comes to fut cause not many drs are doing that anymore. If you want a fut yes, he is doing alot of combo fut fue

You will have grown for sure, The problem that ive seen is the density, in some cases the density is good in some they are poor.

Here you can see some results.

This is great, thank you!