Bad Google Reviews

Rossybop

I'm trying to decide where to get a hair transplant but its scary and worrying. I've researched loads of doctors but many of them seem to get 1 or 2 bad reviews on Google amongst several good reviews. Can anyone tell me why a supposedly good surgeon would get a 1star horror review on Google? There's a guy called Geza Sikos in Hungary that appears on some forums but when you read his Google Reviews there is one or two bad reviews. Some info on this subject would be awesome. Thanks everyone.

People can leave bad reviews for any number of reasons, first and foremost being that was their honest opinion. Sometimes you will see review 'padding' where fake positive reviews will be submitted to help offset the legitimate bad reviews. Other times it could actually be someone trying to sabotage the competition with bad fake reviews.

Its easy for anyone to take a minute to write a few sentences and give a star ranking. You'd be better off sticking with the reviews on this forum, where you have plenty of actual patients posting their own pre-op, post-op, and progress pics and story throughout the whole process so you can also judge for yourself.

Great, I'll bear that in mind so, thanks. I've received estimates and qoutes from several doctors now and what's interesting about him is that he said I'd need only 1,800 grafts, whereas other doctors have estimated 2,000 and some even 2,300 - 2,600. I found that kind of interesting although I'm not sure if it is any indicator of how good or bad a surgeon is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rossybop said:

Great, I'll bear that in mind so, thanks. I've received estimates and qoutes from several doctors now and what's interesting about him is that he said I'd need only 1,800 grafts, whereas other doctors have estimated 2,000 and some even 2,300 - 2,600. I found that kind of interesting although I'm not sure if it is any indicator of how good or bad a surgeon is.

Some Drs can do more with less! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I wouldn’t put much confidence in google or yelp reviews.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

57 minutes ago, Rossybop said:

Really? A lot of people seem to say that. Its scary. Making the right decision is scary!

Don't ever make decisions based on Google reviews, I nearly made that mistake when I first started my HT research. If you look a lot of them will just have '1 review' next to their name which is always a flag to me. Sure people like to comment if they have had good service but if that's their nature it would be something they do regular and they would have left other reviews for services such as restaurant's etc. 

Find a Dr who you like then Google them and see what links comes up to other sites/forums etc and see what genuine patient results you can find. You will always find a conversation on a HT doctor if they are actively doing surgery. No info or results = no trust from me. There's plenty of reputable clinics in the countries you've selected with genuine feedback so why take the risk. 

You're totally right. I'm learning as I go along. Glad to hear you didn't walk into a trap yourself. I never thought of checking Google Reviews from the angle you've suggested but it sounds smart so I will definitely do that from now on. Thanks for your input buddy.