Minor bleeding at transplant site on day 6

Hi,

I'm now 7 days post op for a 1700 FUE surgery. Two nights ago I was instructed by my dr to apply an ointment to my recipient site and then wash off scabs the following morning. Yesterday I was able to get most of the scabs off with massaging. I went about the day feeling fine. However, in the afternoon I noticed that a small splotch of blood had formed on my forehead. I may have rubbed a hair shaft there, but nothing too severe. Of course I'm worried I may have dislodged a graft. But from what I've read, the blood discharged from dislodging a graft would be more severe — this was very localized. I'm wondering what this might have been? Would I be able to tell from looking at my recipient site if a graft dislodged? 

Thanks in advance.

If you were picking at the scabs, it is likely you'll bleed a little.  It is typically recommended you gently scrub with the tips of your fingers.  I would not worry about it however.  Say you did lose a graft, which is unlikely, you will not be able to tell the difference when it's all said and done.  1 out of 1700  is insignificant.

By day 7, your grafts are extremely secure and it'd be almost impossible to dislodge them from washing alone. Also, as a general rule, if a graft were to be dislodged, it would be quite painful. It sounds like this is just blood from the scabs and I wouldn't be too concerned... And on the extremely small chance that it was a graft, understand that it would be one graft out of 1,700 which will make absolutely no cosmetic difference whatsoever. 

Hope that puts your mind at ease. Happy growing - and congrats on the procedure!

• Like 1

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

12 hours ago, yalla8 said:

Hi,

I'm now 7 days post op for a 1700 FUE surgery. Two nights ago I was instructed by my dr to apply an ointment to my recipient site and then wash off scabs the following morning. Yesterday I was able to get most of the scabs off with massaging. I went about the day feeling fine. However, in the afternoon I noticed that a small splotch of blood had formed on my forehead. I may have rubbed a hair shaft there, but nothing too severe. Of course I'm worried I may have dislodged a graft. But from what I've read, the blood discharged from dislodging a graft would be more severe — this was very localized. I'm wondering what this might have been? Would I be able to tell from looking at my recipient site if a graft dislodged? 

Thanks in advance.

Don't worry sir. Its okay. It happens. The scabs are glued very tight sometimes. When they are removed, some of the unhealed skin bleed a little. Don't worry. Don't stress a lot about it. Now you can have a healthy diet and proper stress management. 

• Like 1

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ