Curious about James Harris and Clinic

Hi all,

I am new to this forum and I am considering a FUE transplant and am pretty settled on James Harris clinic (Denver). I know in the past he was recommended and had a good reputation here and I see he is not listed anymore in the recommended surgeons and I am curious why.

Basically, I am just curious on your experiences if you have one. I also talked to him about his partner physician who he said he has full confidence in (said she worked on him as well). I think her results look good, but also read one pretty bad one here. But I've also seen at least one bad one by just about all surgeons at some point.

Look forward to responses.

• Administrators

He’s a solid surgeon, there was one member that I recall wasn’t satisfied with his results. You can take a look at @baldlivesmatter thread, he was later repaired and had much better results. 

Our recommendations are never set in stone, sometimes we remove surgeons for poor results, and other times surgeons no longer want to participate because of the public scrutiny, and other times it’s because of both.

I don’t know anything about his partner, but I do recall one guy going to a female surgeon who had worked with him, and she left a visible gap in his hairline. I have no idea if that is the same person or not. I believe this is his screen name @DenverBuff1989

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanks for the reply. I did enjoy talking with him, which I can say has not been my case with all dr.s I've corresponded with. Seemed genuine and honest.

The "visible gap" thread was the one bad post I've seen. Albeit pretty bad. Otherwise there isn't much on these forums for her, and the photos I've seen were good.

He invented one of the most popular fue punch systems (Harris safe system). However, just because he invented a tool and takes part in conferences doesn’t mean he’s a worthy surgeon. With so many options I would pass on him because I have not seen many results that wowd me.

• Administrators
12 hours ago, moreBeardThanHair said:

Thanks for the reply. I did enjoy talking with him, which I can say has not been my case with all dr.s I've corresponded with. Seemed genuine and honest.

The "visible gap" thread was the one bad post I've seen. Albeit pretty bad. Otherwise there isn't much on these forums for her, and the photos I've seen were good.

Real patient reviews is what matter most, every surgeon will look good on their website. They cherry-pick results, what you see on this forum is a better indicator of their actual work. Good luck on your research.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

11 hours ago, DenverBuff1989 said:

Maybe I'm foolish staying at this clinic for a 3rd procedure

Ya think? As the saying goes, "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me."  Third time?! 🤦‍♂️

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

On a serious note please choose another Dr. It really isn’t worth your precious donor area risking another. 
And take your time ! check out all of the recommended list from this forum. Do not let the area dictate where you get your next one.

Edited by JohnAC71

• Administrators

Guys, 

Let’s not make inappropriate jokes.

@DenverBuff1989 

Never let location be the deciding factor. Now, I’m not saying the surgeon isn’t capable, but if you’ve had two bad experiences, I typically advise patients to go elsewhere. 

View my thread

• Administrators

My advice is to speak to past patients, I specifically linked @baldlivesmatter reach out to him and others. Speaking to past patients is always best good luck on your research.

View my thread