Calling all recent Rahal patients

Hello there, 

I am booked to have a HT FUE with rahal this summer but I am having second thoughts. Is this justified? I am saying this because it seem that all I can find are poor results from Rahal in the last year? Does anyone know of a good result done in 2019 or 2020 not five or six years ago? 

What are you thoughts, should I cancel and loss my deposit. Also for fine blond hair will 50grafts/cm2 be enough to give good density or will it look poor. 

Thanks

If you have a bad HT, losing your deposit will seem like a petty concern in retrospect. I’m aware that Rahal has done outstanding work, but I ruled him out for my first HT (strip) bc some of his patients do have unacceptable results. It’s less risk with FUE, but you should never go under the knife with a surgeon you don’t trust. Can you share some of these bad results you mentioned? If ALL the results you can find are unacceptable, it could be an issue with your expectations.

Edited by Taken4Granted
  • Like 1

“You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not...”

- John Lennon

• Valued Contributor
4 hours ago, User0311 said:

Hello there, 

I am booked to have a HT FUE with rahal this summer but I am having second thoughts. Is this justified? I am saying this because it seem that all I can find are poor results from Rahal in the last year? Does anyone know of a good result done in 2019 or 2020 not five or six years ago? 

What are you thoughts, should I cancel and loss my deposit. Also for fine blond hair will 50grafts/cm2 be enough to give good density or will it look poor. 

Thanks

User0311 if you are having second thoughts and do not have confidence in your surgeon now my opinion is to cancel the surgery. The money loss can be changed. Regret and poor results cannot. Remember you can have a hair transplant 'tomorrow' once you have done all of your research and due diligence. I had two hair transplants that in hindsight were the biggest mistakes that I have had to carry with me all of my life. I'd rather you learned by MY mistakes (which will cost you nothing) than by making the same mistakes and having to live with them yourself. You not only need to have a surgeon (and this is surgery don't forget) that you have confidence in, but also someone who has a consistent body of work that meets your expectations. Finally you also want someone who is fantastic in follow up care AFTER your hair transplant. This is probably even more important. If you are having doubts before the surgery it will be a night mare once the procedure is over. If you are seeing only poor results in the last year and are asking to see good results over the past year that is a HUGE RED FLAG. Forget about the deposit for what could be something you may regret for the rest of your life. Just keep researching and you will find someone that you will be looking forward to be doing work on your scalp. All the best!

• Like 3

• Administrators

I haven't heard that at all, they are still doing to some good work. Let's stick to facts, and not hearsay. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2020 at 7:06 PM, Taken4Granted said:

If you have a bad HT, losing your deposit will seem like a petty concern in retrospect. I’m aware that Rahal has done outstanding work, but I ruled him out for my first HT (strip) bc some of his patients do have unacceptable results. It’s less risk with FUE, but you should never go under the knife with a surgeon you don’t trust. Can you share some of these bad results you mentioned? If ALL the results you can find are unacceptable, it could be an issue with your expectations.

How is it less risk with FUE?

@jmghair

I mean it’s less cosmetic risk because it doesn’t leave a linear scar on the back of your head. Even if you’ve done FUT, FUE is less risk than a second FUT because the scar can def get worse and more visible. If your hair loss is moderate enough to address with FUE only, speaking long-term, then that’s what an ethical surgeon will usually recommend for precisely this reason. No matter what, you’ll reserve the option of buzzing it down and giving up on hair. With FUT, you have to maintain coverage or accept a George Castanza hair style for the rest of your life - or bare your scar for the world to see.

Edited by Taken4Granted

- John Lennon

4 hours ago, Taken4Granted said:

@jmghair

I mean it’s less cosmetic risk because it doesn’t leave a linear scar on the back of your head. Even if you’ve done FUT, FUE is less risk than a second FUT because the scar can def get worse and more visible. If your hair loss is moderate enough to address with FUE only, speaking long-term, then that’s what an ethical surgeon will usually recommend for precisely this reason. No matter what, you’ll reserve the option of buzzing it down and giving up on hair. With FUT, you have to maintain coverage or accept a George Castanza hair style for the rest of your life - or bare your scar for the world to see.

This couldn't be any more incorrect. I have had both. The FUE scars are worse. There is more cosmetic risk with FUE. The risk is that the yield will be poor.

@jmghair

Dude, avoiding the linear scar is the #1 reason FUE exists in the first place. When I say it’s less risk, I don’t mean it can’t turn out poorly for some people. Who was your surgeon? FUE leaves scars to be sure, but you should not be so traumatized.

- John Lennon

1 hour ago, jmghair said:

This couldn't be any more incorrect. I have had both. The FUE scars are worse. There is more cosmetic risk with FUE. The risk is that the yield will be poor.

Fue can be easily camouflaged by smp. Whereas with an fut scar, even with smp, you'll still see a faint discrepancy. 

Edited by Spidey

On 6/26/2020 at 2:23 PM, Taken4Granted said:

@jmghair

Dude, avoiding the linear scar is the #1 reason FUE exists in the first place. When I say it’s less risk, I don’t mean it can’t turn out poorly for some people. Who was your surgeon? FUE leaves scars to be sure, but you should not be so traumatized.

He is a top FUE surgeon. With FUE you trade the decreased possibility of scarring by using a small punch with yield because the smaller punch takes less supportive tissue which decreases the rate of graft survival.

wow I am back here after 9 years ! but still no hair transplant done.. I am wondering why Rahal does'nt do dense packing anymore and why should it be difficult to meet in person with such a big investement.. Does Rahal takes patient since Covid 19 ?

• Administrators
On 7/5/2020 at 4:58 PM, Montreal said:

wow I am back here after 9 years ! but still no hair transplant done.. I am wondering why Rahal does'nt do dense packing anymore and why should it be difficult to meet in person with such a big investement.. Does Rahal takes patient since Covid 19 ?

Who says he doesn’t do dense-packing? He is known for that, he’s accepting patients, but international travel is still banned in Canada. 55 grafts per cm2 is considered dense packing.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.