Is There A Hair Loss Cure On The Horizon?

• Administrators

What do you guys think? I know this question comes up often, but with Replicel, Dr. Tsuji, Stemson Therapeutics, do you guys think it’s possible in the foreseeable future. 

Is There A Hair Loss Cure On The Horizon?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Valued Contributor

Hey Melvin! It's funny that from the age of around 19 I remember the media always releasing news of a new cure (stem cell, etc) for baldness. And then five years later I heard the same. In fact I've noticed that it seems to be in the media around every five years that we are close to a cure (however it will be five years away). Just a coincidence I know. I think their will be a cure but I think a prevention will arrive sooner than a cure. If we look at the evolution of hair transplants from the first punch grafts to today's best FUE work we can see the evolution in the art of surgery. Also we have minoxidil and finasteride, etc. I'm sure medications will improve in being far more effective with less side effects also. In the end though my hunch is that the solution won't be in stem cell research but in gene editing. That makes far more sense to me.

• Like 1

No, unfortunately, there isn't a hair loss cure on the horizon. I think there may be a cure in 20 years and the best bet is replication of one's own hair follicles that don't have DHT receptors and transplanting them into thinning areas.

• Like 1

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

• Administrators

I agree, it seems that whenever a company like Replicel look promising, there clinical studies bust. Hopefully, we’ll have something in the next 20 years, but I’m thinking maybe longer.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

I'm trending towards a more optimistic view that a cure using one's own cells will be available in less than 10 years but most likely in Asia. However, it won't be a proper cure, as in a one-and-done treatment but rather a series of treatments like getting botox.

• Administrators
Just now, kirkland said:

I'm trending towards a more optimistic view that a cure using one's own cells will be available in less than 10 years but most likely in Asia. However, it won't be a proper cure, as in a one-and-done treatment but rather a series of treatments like getting botox.

Even if Dr. Tsuji is successful, he said the cost would be between 180-300k. Most of us just don’t have that kind of cash. Guys here complain about spending 15k can you imagine 300k. That’s more than 90% of the houses in middle America. 

View my thread

If Tsuji is successful, we should know within a year or two. Initial costs would be prohibitive for most but hen over the next few years, competitors will definitely enter the market and drive costs down. I'm not saying an affordable cure is available in a decade, just that there should be a treatment on the market that most of us would consider to be our best option even if we couldn't afford it.