Who is having second thoughts/delaying getting a hair trasnplant?

Anyone here scheduled to get a hair transplant or was planning one for 2020? Since the lockdowns, what are your thoughts now? Will you still be planning to get one? How has your decision changed? If you are still going through with it, when (how many months from now) do you think it will happen?

Every patient I know off who was scheduled in for surgery with Dr Bhatti is gutted.

After much researching, and then making the mental/emotional, financial, work and time commitment to go through with the surgery it is incredibly frustrating to then have to have the whole thing put on hold indefinitely.

I'm sure most patients who had their surgeries delayed will feel much the same and will be wanting everything to return to some normality asap so they can proceed.

I know from my own experience and others that once the decision is made then you just want it all done and dusted.

• Administrators

The lockdown won't last forever, think of it this way, you've been balding for __ amount of years, a couple of months won't make a huge difference in the grand scheme of things. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

My transplant is booked for June12 and the clinic I'm scheduled with is presently closed. My pre surgury consultation was scheduled for May25 has been cancelled. The clinic advised me that if they postpone my date I will be informed about 3weeks prior to June12. The clinic is in my hometown so I dont have to worry about travel just rescheduling the time off from work which should be no issue. I feel bad for the guys that have had it booked prior to Covid and who cant travel even if their clinic decides to open. I wish all the best to you if you have your surgery booked in the coming months.

The one thing I would suggest is that you watch the economy very carefully.  This smells way too much like an attack on the economy.  There is just too much that doesn't make sense.  Why would you cross a Corona virus with SARS & HIV?  You may spend your savings and then the economy takes a depression nosedive.  These are very dangerous times.  Russia and Saudi Arabia made a huge mistake with their oil war, and then China released Covid-19.  Your hair is important to you, but not as important as being able to feed your family.  WAIT!!!

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More