Long Time Member - Looking For Expert Advice

I joined this forum years ago as a transplant has been on my mind for years. I'm nearly 47 years old, and have been using Rogaine plus Nioxin for about the past 10 years to try to keep what I've got.

I'm getting to the point where I'm becoming very serious about having surgery. I live in Virginia, and am not the type to throw down $10K-$20K USD.

I would say that I probably need 2000 to 2500 grafts maybe. I'd be glad to post pictures if it would help.

I'm willing to travel to another country in order to save money. I'm sure this has been asked a million times, but there are so many choices that it makes my head spin on such an important life decision.

I would love to hear from the moderators or long-time members here who have done the research, and who they would recommend.

In my mind, I am thinking $5K-$7K USD is an acceptable range for me.

I joined this site years ago and have always had it on my mind to have this done, as it's certainly affected how I feel about my appearance over the years.

All advice from the educated and/or experienced is extremely valuable to me.

I'd be happy to have it here or privately.

Thank you in advance for your help as I take this first step after many years towards getting this done.

Ryan

@Ryan73 assuming you need 2500 grafts your budget per graft 2$-2.8$ won’t be enough the for best Doctors in the US, Canada, Spain or Belgium. 

However, nowadays you can in fact get elite level surgeons for that price in Portugal, India and Turkey.

@Dr. Bruno Ferreira (2.5€/graft) because he works in Madrid with one of the best Doctors in the world - Dr. Jose Lorenzo - treating tuff cases with DUPA and achieving amazing results. Dr. Bruno has his own clinic in Portugal at 2.5€/graft instead of 5€/graft charged in Madrid. He uses a technique called DHI which means the he implants using Lion Implantor Pens, nurses will charge the pens with grafts and these pens allow the Doctor to open the hole/slit and implant the graft at the same time. holes/slits once made start closing and accumulating blood or fat so this technique allows the doctor to make smaller holes/slits with higher survival rate and the patient has a quicker recovery.

Dr. Arika at Eugenix India (1.8€/grafts with tax) because they are considered the best for mega sessions and have their technique called DHT in which they extract the graft and immediately implant them into pre-made holes/slits to get higher survival rate because the grafts stays out of body for less time. 

HLC Ankara (2.7€/graft) and Dr. Pekiner (2.25€/graft) because they both use a technique called stick&place (also used by the FUE icon Dr. Konior) in which the holes/slits are manually made and then the graft is immediately implanted manually  (similar to DHI but without implantor pens).

Both Dr. Bruno and Dr. Arika also have experience with beard grafts but HLC and Pekiner are doing 1800 beard grafts in one day for a while so I found them a better option for those that require a lot of beard grafts.

Wish you all the best with your research and let us know the diagnosis you get from these top Doctors.

Edited by Portugal25
  • Like 1

@Portugal25   Thank you so much for wanting to take the time to write such a detailed response. It means a lot to me, because there's a lot I have to learn at this point. The only thing I did know that you mentioned was that my budget would certainly not be good enough for this country and some others. I don't want to fall into the "you get what you pay for" category, so I hope I'm not opening myself up to that by being cheap.

I will look into these options you mentioned and thank you so much, again, for taking the time.

Edited by Ryan73

• 2 weeks later...

@Portugal25  Just wanted to let you know that, after reading your detailed information, and checking reviews on Dr. Arika, that I decided to move forward with her. I was told today that I need 3000 to 3500 grafts at 2.10.

She looks to be outstanding at what she does. I just want to thank you again, that I'll keep posting about my progress on this, and that I hope this will be an outstanding experience.

@Ryan73 that’s great news! You are in great hands and will surely get great result.

You should read and follow @paddyirishman results thread as he also went to Dr. Arika and has a detailed report on his experience. 

Wish you all the best!

• Like 1

• Administrators

For the price, I don’t think you get better than Dr. Arika Bansal and Dr. Pradeep Sethi. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.