Short hairstyle after transplant

I think I’m pretty close to booking a date with Eugenix for a hair transplant. Figuring out work and when it would be best to go get the transplant. My job requires me to interact with a lot of people and do presentations at least once a week. Looking to understand how many days off of work I will need to take off so it does not look obvious or unnatural when I return.

The other thing that I was hoping members here could help me with is hair styles after a successful transplant. I keep my hair quite short and intend to keep it that way even after the transplant, after the transplanted hair have full grown. I’ve not seen transplant results with patients having a short haircut. Can anyone point me to examples of this. I want to know if t would look unnatural or different when compared to the original hair.

Tagging @Melvin-Moderator @paddyirishman @Zoomster @HLPToronto here.

Edited by Pyrat

Hey Pyrat,

I would recommend choosing work from home option for 2.5 months ( if its possible),  if not, wear a hat -fedora , base ball cap not good for meetings, 

take at least 2-3 weeks off and after wards, avoid too many meetings, interactions if possible as red ness will be there.. until 3 rd month begins in most cases , it fades away

for good hair style example : I would recommend getting sides buzzed  completely or .3 or .2 and let the central part grow, it always adds to the illusion and blend them into spikes creating a thicker central illusion, if you overlap like i do

check out my pics just posted on my original thread : you might want to try that. 

good luck 

Hi Pyrat

I would have to disagree with previous poster... My situation is very similar to yours.. Ie tight hairstyles preferred, calling on clients daily doing one ón one presentations... I had 7000 grafts implanted over 3 days with Eugenix finishing 23 Dec 2019

On the 19th Jan I attended a 4 day work event where we showcased our new ranges for the year on Major bright lights exhibition stand.. And no one... Not work colleagues / clients.. Who many would be friends noticed a thing 

Donor / recipient healed beyond belief.. Having said that I had undergone a huge shed after about 2 weeks so I looked exactly like I did pre op... Ie almost completey slick bald apart from a tiny tuft at the front 

I've some previous posts whereby you can see my original hair condition and some post op pics too.. I'm waiting until end of march to share the magic 3 month supposed start of visible growth stage 

The attached pic is me while attending the exhibition 19 Jan 2020..

One proviso..... I'm not so Confident any other clinic could have done such  refined work... I note the previous poster had his work done In another clinic.. While he's had a great end result by the looks of things I sense his early recovery in terms of aesthetics on public view were more the industry norm.. Ie... How he explained it himself. 

The DHT technique with Eugenix ain't the industry norm

Good luck sir 

Z

IMG_20200122_084516.jpg

3 hours ago, Zoomster said:

Hi Pyrat

I would have to disagree with previous poster... My situation is very similar to yours.. Ie tight hairstyles preferred, calling on clients daily doing one ón one presentations... I had 7000 grafts implanted over 3 days with Eugenix finishing 23 Dec 2019

On the 19th Jan I attended a 4 day work event where we showcased our new ranges for the year on Major bright lights exhibition stand.. And no one... Not work colleagues / clients.. Who many would be friends noticed a thing 

Donor / recipient healed beyond belief.. Having said that I had undergone a huge shed after about 2 weeks so I looked exactly like I did pre op... Ie almost completey slick bald apart from a tiny tuft at the front 

I've some previous posts whereby you can see my original hair condition and some post op pics too.. I'm waiting until end of march to share the magic 3 month supposed start of visible growth stage 

The attached pic is me while attending the exhibition 19 Jan 2020..

One proviso..... I'm not so Confident any other clinic could have done such  refined work... I note the previous poster had his work done In another clinic.. While he's had a great end result by the looks of things I sense his early recovery in terms of aesthetics on public view were more the industry norm.. Ie... How he explained it himself. 

The DHT technique with Eugenix ain't the industry norm

Good luck sir 

Z

IMG_20200122_084516.jpg

How’s the donor looking with that short hair especially after 7000 grafts?

its something I’m concerned about as similarly to you I prefer it short.

Hi @Min12

Attached is donor today.. I shaved to 0.5 last Monday 17th so I guess what you're looking at is now a #1 guard 

Im taking 1.25mg proscar every M/W/F along with massaging  some avocado oil onto recipient area each night.. Its my substitute for minox.. It increases blood flow to the scalp apparently.. 

I'm a minox shredder so not for me

Interesting to note that my very lower crown ( coronet) which wasnt treated by surgery has now appeared to have filled in... Cán only be a result of the meds.. 

I've had zero sides... And if anything its been a plus in the "boudoire Dept" 😊

Immediate pre op below 

IMG_20200223_171428.jpg

IMG_20200201_150920.jpg

Edited by Zoomster
Info update

And how long were you on Finasteride for to experience these results go far?

the donor image you uploaded looks really grainy so kind of hard to see the true results but I can make out that it doesn’t look over harvested.

I only started meds with surgery... 9 weeks ago now 

FYI 5600 grafts were scalp to scalp. . 1400 were beard to scalp 

I made Eugenix aware of my plan to wear back and sides donor really short with long slick back on top to help with the illusion of density 

Illusion of density doesn't only apply to recipient area in my view... Buzzing  donor very short also gives the " illusion. Of density" here also... No visible scarring... In my case anyhow. 

Thanks guys for chiming in. I have a slightly darker skin tone as well which should probably reduce the appearance of redness.😁

Looks like I will be able to keep my hair buzzed on the sides and the back even after the transplant.