can native hair regrow among transplanted hair?

image you find the best treatment of the world that allow hair to re-growth.
If you had an hair transplant before, will the hair regrowth among transplanted hair?
Naturally, we have about 150 hair/cm. Transplanted hair are only 50-60/cm. So, I think there is space for regrowth. The only issue should be scar tissue...
What is your opinion?

19 hours ago, duchaine said:

image you find the best treatment of the world that allow hair to re-growth.
If you had an hair transplant before, will the hair regrowth among transplanted hair?
Naturally, we have about 150 hair/cm. Transplanted hair are only 50-60/cm. So, I think there is space for regrowth. The only issue should be scar tissue...
What is your opinion?

Look native hair may fall due to shook loss.  That's the reason many doctors recommend minox finasteride n prp so that you protect your existing hair until your full result is visible

Thanks for your reply. Anyway, I'm not talking about short terms results.
Imagine that in 5 years we discover a treatment to make regrqwoth all our hair.
They will regrow among transplanted hair or the scar tissue will be a limiting factor?

5 minutes ago, duchaine said:

Thanks for your reply. Anyway, I'm not talking about short terms results.
Imagine that in 5 years we discover a treatment to make regrqwoth all our hair.
They will regrow among transplanted hair or the scar tissue will be a limiting factor?

I think once hair has miniaturised for a long time I can't see it ever coming back, even with a new treatment.  The new treatment would probably only save existing hairs.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Just now, 1978matt said:

I think once hair has miniaturised for a long time I can't see it ever coming back, even with a new treatment.  The new treatment would probably only save existing hairs.

I'm making another question:
Imagine you have dormant follicles. You have an hair transplant...after HT, can dormant follicles (supposing they haven't been damaged during op) grow among transplanted hair?

3 minutes ago, duchaine said:

I'm making another question:
Imagine you have dormant follicles. You have an hair transplant...after HT, can dormant follicles (supposing they haven't been damaged during op) grow among transplanted hair?

Quite possibly, though even if they are not damaged, the temporary loss of blood supply may cause them to die off if they were already weak and affected by DHT.  Strong hair should come back hopefully.

Stick and place is a good way of minimising damage compared to slits, but since you are completely blind you never know if there's a dormant follicle beneath the surface.

• Like 1

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

55 minutes ago, 1978matt said:

I dont think there will be any treatment that will come out.  Hairs are connected to hormones n if you mess with it ,you'll experience side effects. The only solution here is there could be a treatment to multiply donor hair n transplant it 

Edited by Yake

53 minutes ago, Yake said:

I dont think there will be any treatment that will come out.  Hairs are connected to hormones n if you mess with it ,you'll experience side effects. The only solution here is there could be a treatment to multiply donor hair n transplant it 

Oh my god:
I'm not asking you if you think that hair can regrow (anyway, with the proper treatment, dormant hair can regrow). I'm asking if SCAR TISSUE can be a limiting factor for native hair to regrow.

56 minutes ago, Medina said:

Yes

If you take a hd photo with flash you will observe many native hairs along side transplanted ones, but they are weak and dying 

Reviving them would boost density for sure  

Thanks!! great answer! this is what I was looking for.
I thought  that, giving 50 uf/cm, there was not "empty" space between grafts so any hair could regrow.

• 3 weeks later...

Good question, I've thought about this myself quite a bit.. it was the only reason which was holding me back from having a HT, thinking to myself.. if there is a possible cure in the future would this ruin my natives..

But i think given the density per square cm there is room for natives to grow, its just not visible to the naked eye..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Guano said:

Good question, I've thought about this myself quite a bit.. it was the only reason which was holding me back from having a HT, thinking to myself.. if there is a possible cure in the future would this ruin my natives..

But i think given the density per square cm there is room for natives to grow, its just not visible to the naked eye..

I had a tricoscopy (hope the spelling is correct) and I saw there is room for native hairs to grow.