Confusing to choose the clinic

Noel

Hello everyone, my name is Noel. I did my OP in Germany Frankfurt 2and half years ago and it went terribly wrong. Now i wanna transplant again and look best clinic in Turkey. Can you please recommend me ? 

5A76C8E3-940D-4907-8758-6DAB4AAD0ADD.jpeg

4E4F786C-E518-4A95-B0E3-6A896F79487D.jpeg

DA94766E-F325-4598-9FB2-AEB926BB9CB0.jpeg

29B0C6C8-21CF-452F-9BE3-F7AB9799C147.jpeg

Edited by Noel

Very sorry to hear of your terrible experience Noel.  How are you now ?

How is your doner area and recipent ? 

Why did it go terribly wrong ?

It's of the utmost importance that your scalp is thoroughly checked by a reputable surgeon, one who is highly skilled and has a track record of dealing with repair case patients.

Why do you say Turkey ? Is it because of budget ?   Maybe you should not limit yourself to 1 country at this point in time, and if it's because of a tight budget perhaps you should wait a little longer as you have a finite amount of doner which is precious.

.....Paddy....

• Thanks 1

Wow that's horrible.  Forget turkey.

You should be looking at top doctors only who will do a small session first to see how the scarred area will react to transplants.  No doubt you will have a lot of scar tissue in the hairline area after what happened the first time.

Edited by 1978matt
  • Thanks 1

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

8 hours ago, paddyirishman said:

Very sorry to hear of your terrible experience Noel.  How are you now ?

How is your doner area and recipent ? 

Why did it go terribly wrong ?

It's of the utmost importance that your scalp is thoroughly checked by a reputable surgeon, one who is highly skilled and has a track record of dealing with repair case patients.

Why do you say Turkey ? Is it because of budget ?   Maybe you should not limit yourself to 1 country at this point in time, and if it's because of a tight budget perhaps you should wait a little longer as you have a finite amount of doner which is precious.

.....Paddy....

Thank you for your advice. I decide to go to Turkey because one of the Dermatologist from here suggested me that Turkey have the most experienced doctors than here in Germany. Not because of budget. So i want to do not the ordinary ones. But the experienced with full of care. Now i found in internet , HLC and Diamond Clinic, they have the very good reviews. But i am not sure. That’s why i posted here asked recommendations . 

Jesus Christ...

There are some great clinics in turkey but only a handful. There are 1000+1 horrible ones. You definitely should visit several clinics before (!) you make your next move. 

You made a terrible choice before, please do not make a uneducated decision again. 

If you are from germany I recommend you visit at least 2 out these:

- Feriduni (German Doctor who works from Belgium and Aachen)

- Lupanzula (Belgium)

- Heitmann (Switzerland)

- Hattingen (Switzerland)

P.S. HLC is one of the good clinics in turkey. The other one I don't know. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello Noel

If Turkey has more experienced doctors than Germany thats irrelevent in your case Noel. 

What is relevent :

You must shortlist the best doctors, and that can be anywhere , you must look to the best doctors, that comes first, then the country comes second.

I spent 6 years researching before my own HT,  one has to be really careful. 

You have to push the boundaries and be open to Travel , and very importantly to note cheapest in not always the best. 

Do you know why your HT was a failure Noel ?   

What did the surgeon and clinic say ?

Have you any photos of how you are now ?

......Paddy.....

• Thanks 1

Hello Noel 

Your pictures show that you have recovered well, and your appearance looks very normal which is great.

Now you need an in depth consultation with a highly experience surgeon to check your doner and recipent for scarring. You must get the best advice to establish whether you are a suitable for surgery, and what can be achieved considering your doner and recipent has been through such trauma. 

You will need to show all the pictures of your previous HT , before and after. 

Do you know why your HT failed Noel ?

What did the doctor and clinic say ?

.....Paddy...

• Thanks 1

@paddyirishman Thank you so much for your encouragement. I hope that too and now i am discussing 3, 4 Clinics to TP again. But i have not decided yet.

They told me that it’s not their fault and not also my fault. They don’t know why that happened. They offered me to TP again (F.O.C)at their Clinic. But i don’t want to do anymore. It costed nearly 6000€ at that time. 

Edited by Noel
  • Thanks 1

@Noel I can perfectly understand what you went through, even in my first procedure I was badly reduced by a pseudo-clinic that only thought about taking my money, but you will see that on this forum you will find expert users who will be able to advise you on the best for your second  procedure, I can only advise you not to hurry in choosing.

• Thanks 1

Hi @Noel I have to admit that @Gasthoerer and @1978matt are right, Turkey has thousands of HT Clinics some people call “Turkish Hairmills” and from what I found from my research, in the whole of Turkey there are only 3 Doctors doing the whole surgery themselves with a lot of patients posting amazing results: Keser (3,5€/graft), Kaan (2.15€/graft) and HLC Ankara (2.7€/graft).

Keser seemed to be more focused on small surgeries and perfectly designed hairlines using very few grafts to achieve mind blowing results but he was out of my budget.

HLC Ankara is the best clinic in Turkey they have a steady flow of great results with FUE and BHT but you don’t know which Doctors is doing the surgery and they have several doctors. Also, their top Doctor, Akin, seems to be MIA since August and Dr. Ozgur is not doing surgeries.

Dr. Kaan also has a lot of great results (most of them on the Italian forum just like HLC). He gained his experience from working with Keser and HLC (mostly HLC) and charged me less, so no brainer, I went with him. 

If I was on a very tight budget I might have went with Dr. Demirsoy (1.25€/graft) or Dr. Arika at Eugenix (this month prices went up from 1.3€/graft to 1.8€/graft with tax) but both these Doctors have a different approach (not the Doctor doing the whole surgery nor do they perform DHI or stick&place). However, what matters is the results the Doctor can achieve and these two are getting good results. 

Dr. Arika and Dr. Sethi at Eugenix are regarded as the world’s best for FUE mega sessions. 
Check @paddyirishman results thread about his great experience with Eugenix. 

I advise you to research here and on the other forums Spanish, Italian and Turkish 

Feel free to PM me if you want more information.

Edited by Portugal25