Are You A Good Hair Transplant Candidate?

• Administrators

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

3 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Great video, Melvin. 

These were definitely the three things I've tried to grapple one. 

I'm just wondering about the third option. By stabilise do you mean no further hair loss? Or just slowed? I've been on meds for years and it definitely slowed my loss, but it still occurs albeit very slowly.

Thanks again for the great vid. 

• Administrators
6 hours ago, HelpfulFriend said:

Great video, Melvin. 

These were definitely the three things I've tried to grapple one. 

I'm just wondering about the third option. By stabilise do you mean no further hair loss? Or just slowed? I've been on meds for years and it definitely slowed my loss, but it still occurs albeit very slowly.

Thanks again for the great vid. 

Yea, I mean make sure it’s slowed down enough, so that you don’t end up looking then same or worse. Hair loss in the beginning can be very aggressive and rapid, I lost most of my hair from age 26-29. As long as you’ve noticed your hair loss level out you should be okay.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

1 hour ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Yea, I mean make sure it’s slowed down enough, so that you don’t end up looking then same or worse. Hair loss in the beginning can be very aggressive and rapid, I lost most of my hair from age 26-29. As long as you’ve noticed your hair loss level out you should be okay.

Isnt your brother a noorwood 2 with slight receding and no thinning?

• Administrators
3 hours ago, krusher7 said:

@Melvin-Moderator  can you have a look at your inbox messages when you have a minute? Sent you a question a few days ago, but imagine your inbox is inundated with messages. 

Thanks!

Sorry man,

My inbox looks like an Instagram models DM box lol. Can you send a bump reply so I see it at the top. I will reply ASAP. 

View my thread

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Phillyman1996 said:

Isnt your brother a noorwood 2 with slight receding and no thinning?

That’s correct, my dad’s norwood 3 no thinning. 

View my thread

Some good points.

I  got a '5 year car loan' for my first procedure, mainly as the interest rate was so low but also as a contingency that I had other savings to do the whole thing over again if anything went wrong.

And as for stabilization, another option is...to wait it out.  It sure sucks but it might be better to wait until you have lost enough hair to make a single HT worthwhile.  Obviously then you have more time to save up too.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

• Administrators
4 hours ago, 1978matt said:

Some good points.

I  got a '5 year car loan' for my first procedure, mainly as the interest rate was so low but also as a contingency that I had other savings to do the whole thing over again if anything went wrong.

And as for stabilization, another option is...to wait it out.  It sure sucks but it might be better to wait until you have lost enough hair to make a single HT worthwhile.  Obviously then you have more time to save up too.

Yea that’s pretty much what I did. That said, I lost most of my 20’s to hair loss. I would recommend this to anyone who doesn’t want to take any meds.

View my thread

• Administrators
2 hours ago, transplantedphil said:

+ a passport (and willingness to travel)

+ patience for the results to come in

Great vid

Yes great point, price and location are things guys fixate on instead of the results.

View my thread