At what month mark did you see social improvement?

Most of us do HT to look better and at least for the current generation looks mean a lot

The question is at what time period post HT have you noticed improvement towards yourself due to a better hairline? Accounting for a haircut of course (I am only 3 months post OP but I am pretty sure that a cut is necessary to look more tidy)

3 hours ago, anzel2002 said:

not sure yet, right now am at just 1 month post OP

Stay strong, soldier. 2 months for me was the "suck-iest" part

1 hour ago, Dazed said:

One year.

Interesting. I was hoping for 6 months or at least 9 months at the latest (in the worst case)

To clarify, are we talking about the end result (which can take up to 18-24 months) or something which beats whatever hairline was present before?

17 hours ago, Yaro said:

Stay strong, soldier. 2 months for me was the "suck-iest" part

Interesting. I was hoping for 6 months or at least 9 months at the latest (in the worst case)

To clarify, are we talking about the end result (which can take up to 18-24 months) or something which beats whatever hairline was present before?

Sorry about that I was talking about something closer to the end result.  At 6 months you should at least see the promise of what is to come.

• Like 1

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

16 hours ago, Leftwithrope said:

Transplanted hairs will look like a clusterfuck because of uneven length and thickness until past the 12-15 month mark.

What about a haircut to combat this? My understanding is that from month six onward it is possible to have a regular cut

2 hours ago, Dazed said:

Sorry about that I was talking about something closer to the end result.  At 6 months you should at least see the promise of what is to come.

That's cool, man. Rep for clarifying!

At 5-6 months you're likely to be seeing real improvement, with the new hairs now reaching a length that makes a noticeable difference.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

4 hours ago, Yaro said:

What about a haircut to combat this? My understanding is that from month six onward it is possible to have a regular cut

That's cool, man. Rep for clarifying!

A haircut helps a lot in terms of tidiness, though hair around the 6 month mark is usually 1.5-2 inches long, so you will be limited to hairstyles that are tighter on the sides. 

Personally, I think transplanted hair really only start to blend in with native hair after a year; the unevenness in graft maturation does prevent your hair from looking as robust as it should.

That being said, 6-9 months is around the time when you'll be able to regain a pre-balding appearance, even if it doesn't look as great as it should yet.

Good luck!