Beard Growth/Maturation - How's your facial hair?

To the gentlemen with facial hair here, how long was it (what age) until your beard was full and passable. I am talking not patchy and looks good grown out past 5 o'clock shadow.

My beard looks decent at a shorter length, but when I grow it out, you can really see the patchiness of it all on the sides of my face. I try to keep it trimmed up around a #3 on my beard trimmer which I believe is 4.5mm to keep it looking the best for that "in-between" 5o'clock shadow and fully grown out beard.

Has anyone seen significant improvement in their facial hair past the age of 28?

Will post pics later. Thanks

34 minutes ago, paddyirishman said:

@hairlossPA There wont be any difference in your beard hair with density after this age. Thats a good plan to use the beard trimmer, I do exactly the same .I have used my beard hair for my HT, Is this something you are considering later ?

............Paddy..........

Yeah I dont really have hope that the density will improve at this point. Was just curious for other people. I dont think I'll ever take beard hair to be donor. I don't want to mess with my face that much. I dont think I'd ever do a beard transplant either, as most of the results I see dont get that truly full beard. I am fine with how my facial hair is now, but I do wish I could grow a better beard at times.

• Administrators

I think I was able to grow a full beard around 24 or 25, but my brother had a pretty weak beard until he was in his 30's. Check out beard brand, this guy Greg Berzinsky talks about how his beard was patchy when he was younger and it didn't get thick until he was in his mid 30's.

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

I was shaving daily since around age 14 and I am still gaining more beard hair at age 52.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.