• Administrators

I think instead of lowering the hairline, you should simply add more density. Your hairline looks very natural, but it could be denser. I think another 800 grafts in to your existing hairline would make a huge difference. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

First let's consider family history.  

2nd, you're blond and that helps tremendously.  No contrast between the color of the hair and the skin and thus you will look fuller than someone with dark hair and light scalp.  3rd, if you look at the Norwood chart, go to a class 6 and lightly, with a pencil or a pen, darken the top of the head. This means that you can be a class 6 with hair - but thinning into a 6 - which it seems you are starting to demarcate into.  I'd venture to say someone in your family has an advanced pattern.

At this point I think you need to concentrate on medical therapy to see if it will help you retain the native hair, (Propecia, Rogaine, Laser and PRP). I would give it a year and, based on the result, you can then consider additional transplants.  

There are two concerns to keep in mind.  Being pattern appropriate and donor limitation.

Say meds don't work, (despite taking or using the meds you still lose hair). Eventually you'll be left with a low hairline worth of grafts and nothing else.  (A 6 pattern does not lose hair that way).  

Donor limitation is huge. You add grafts, you continue to lose native hair....no bump in density and you have to keep returning for more grafts to replace what you just lost.  Eventually you'll run out of donor and be left with, possibly, an unnatural result.

I can understand trying to maintain the youthful hairline.  I get it. But eventually that will pass. Worst thing that can happen...You'll be a 100 year old in a happy home looking 30 and out of place.  Everyone will know something up.

@Cobblepot

You have received some good advice.

I would also agree that the most appropriate approach would be to add density into your existing hairline. You should express extreme caution in lowering your hairline. You appear to have fine hair and have already used 1400 grafts of your donor. It also appears from your photographs that you are showing signs of loss in your crown. This will of course increase.

Do you have any photos pre surgery that you would like to share?

Are you taking hair loss preventative medication? Although always a personal choice, this could be a huge factor long term for you. You are a young guy.

20 hours ago, Cobblepot said:

I understand that I will have to get future work to deal with further loss  but I am happy to let that wait for a while and deal with the front fully first.

Although you may be willing to continue chasing further loss, your donor may not be able to meet the demand. 

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.