Update: What can a NW6 Realistically Expect?

Hello All,

I posted back in April in regards to what I could expect as a NW6. I have begun taking Oral Minoxidil and will continue to do so over the next year along with Dermarolling, Nizorol Shampoo, Biotin, and any additional supplementary treatments in order to thicken up my donor and hope for potential regrowth. I will then connect my results with a HT. My donor pics as of April are in the thread link below, although I expect my situation to look alot better after a year of treatment.

Anyway, while it would be nice to have a full head of hair again, I have age appropriate expectations (I'm 34). Based on my donor area, and where I expect it to be a year from now, could I expect results similiar to the ones below after a proper FUT? I could live with that as I could potentially have the crown filled in with a second procedure (if I had enough grafts left), use SMP + Fibers, or wear a partial hair system at the crown. Any advice would be appreciated as I take another step towards restoring my hair!

IMG_1923.jpg

Edited by NorwoodSix

Well you can expect to have a good front hairline with minimum density as its impossible to get a high density in your case. And there after it's all about spreading across the crown area and back. Hmm look you are in your mid 30s now so get a hair transplant which can at least cover your front n midscalp. And if necessary go for crown in 2-3 years. In few years hairloss wont really be a nightmare for you as at that age majority of men start losing hair .infact with a hair transplant you'll look better than them..so  I would recommend you to go for one and choose a doctor that could give you good density 

17 hours ago, paddyirishman said:

Hello @NorwoodSix.   You might consider BHT . You could have a lot of potential from your beard grafts which when blended with your scalp doner would make a helpul difference  . You could check out @harin thread who had his HT @Eugenix Hair Science

...........Paddy......

Thanks Paddy. How many grafts could one get from beard hairs? I can grow decent facial hair, and am thickening up my facial hair by applying Minoxidil to my beard area as well. From what I've seen, body hairs tend to look a bit unnatural and I while I'm certainly open to using them, I was under the impression it's best to use them as a last resort or for covering the scar. 

@NorwoodSix you can blend in beard grafts (which has a single hair ) with scalp hair on your mid scalp and crown area . When done at the appropriate ratio to scalp doner it can make a difference . 

Did you check out @harin write up after being with @Eugenix Hair Science ??? Also other patients that were very high norwood cases that have been there as well. Its a great insight into what can be done.

........Paddy.....

• Administrators

I was a Norwood 6 i have a decent head of hair. But my crown is still pretty thin. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.