New Study Links Air Pollution to Hair Loss Is It True?

• Administrators

Have you guys heard about this new study that has allegedly linked hair loss with air pollution? I mean i've even heard that some guys have quit their jobs because of this study. What do you guys think I'd love to hear the communities thoughts?

1.png

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

it seems true, even extreme sunlight exposure or no sunlight at all also damages hair and contributes towards hair fall

for example - people who wear tight turbans or caps all the time, will always loose hair as no light. light is life .... thats why lazer light caps are famous now a dayz 

22 minutes ago, HLPToronto said:

it seems true, even extreme sunlight exposure or no sunlight at all also damages hair and contributes towards hair fall

for example - people who wear tight turbans or caps all the time, will always loose hair as no light. light is life .... thats why lazer light caps are famous now a dayz 

I've often used the analogy of plants and the sun. Good observation.

• Like 1

• Administrators

I feel like there are things that don't help hair loss and air pollution is one of them. Truthfully, it is androgens that cause hair loss. Regardless, anyone who has the MPB gene will go bald in Hong Kong or the middle of nowhere.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

On 10/22/2019 at 7:18 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

Have you guys heard about this new study that has allegedly linked hair loss with air pollution? I mean i've even heard that some guys have quit their jobs because of this study. What do you guys think I'd love to hear the communities thoughts?

1.png

You mean guys left their city job to go live in a rural area away from pollution? 

• Administrators
10 hours ago, LonelyGraft said:

You mean guys left their city job to go live in a rural area away from pollution? 

Yea, there was a guy on Reddit who said he quit his job because of this study.

• Sad 1

View my thread

Interesting study. The next step would be retrospective studies to determine the relationship between hair loss and air pollution. You can also do prospective studies as well. You'd basically have to compare hair density, etc. between populations that live with differing levels of air pollution. You'd also have to control for a lot of variables to prevent confounding. It seems intuitive though that air pollution would be toxic to hair follicles. Can anyone share the actual study? I can't find it.

Edited by Dr. Suhail Khokhar

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/24/2019 at 4:51 AM, HLPToronto said:

The laser caps are becoming very common nowadays. Do they really help in growing hair back?

• 1 month later...
On 11/23/2019 at 1:10 AM, tesla007 said:

The laser caps are becoming very common nowadays. Do they really help in growing hair back?

i think we need to follow : " try and fail but do not fail to try "

when it comes to HT, Hair growth and follicles, its complex science.....  but some results should come using laser caps !