What are my options

Hi guys. I really hope to get some input from all you awesome people

I am a 33 year old guy from Denmark, who have had hairloss for +10 years. I have always had i high hairline, but it has obviously been receding some more in recent years.

I have been on finasteride (no sides) and minoxidil for 18 months with decent results in the crown. 

I have been looking at getting a hair transplant for about a year, but i really feel like its a jungle to find a clinic out there. I had been looking at Asmed who recommended med 5.000 grafts, but i have read some conflicting reviews recently about them. Would FUT be better than FUE in my case aswell.

one last thing. i have been to a consultation in a danish clinic. it was really expensive (9 euro pr. graft), and they showed me on a screen, that i had really thick donor hair. you could almost not cut my hair with a scissor when i was a teenager, and they told me i had 8-9.000 grafts. 

Thank you so much for taking your time 🙂 

bagved.png

front.png

side.png

top.png

If you want to stay in Europe, look at surgeons in Belgium such as Dr's Bisanga, Dr Lupanzula, Dr Feriduni and Spain with Dr's like Dr Lorenzo, Dr De Freitas, Dr Couto (long waiting time though) and get as many consultations as your can. FUT could definitely be an option for you but I am noticing a lot of the European Dr's seemingly pushing patients towards FUE in recent times. If you go down the FUT route and want to stay in Europe, may be worth looking at the Hattigen clinic in Switzerland.

As for the Danish clinic, makes no sense paying 9 Euros per graft when you can go to a top quality surgeons like H&W or Dr Konior in North America for probably near enough the same. Not similar with any well renowned clinics in Denmark and I'd probably dismiss that option, especially at the kind of cost.

• Administrators

You’ve been given great advice. I’ll take it one step further and look at our surgeon review section. Talk with real patients and get their unbiased opinion.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Get multiple opinions and explain your goals thoroughly...with enough feedback, you will be better able to start narrowing your decision as to who you feel would provide you the best result.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY