Can hormones in food accelerate hair loss ?

axor

So I've read on the net somewhere that hormones in food can cause/accelerate hairloss. Is this true ? I eat lots of chickens so I wanna know if this could be possible. 

Waiting a doctor opinion, thanks

I once heard a heated discussion about this same subject.  Gluten, particularly.  Apparently it can cause a hormone imbalance. So I'm guessing there must be something to that. Malnutrition can also have an impact on hair loss, but I'm not sure if it has any impact on hormones. Interesting....I think doing a full panel would be a good idea so as to keep track.

• Administrators

Some foods particularly rich in creatine have the potential of accelerating the conversion of testosterone to DHT thus, accelerating hair loss. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, axor said:

So all in all, any ideas on what foods should I avoid ?

Yes, avoid foods that are too processed and full of junk, hydrogenated oils, eat healthy basic sources of protein (free range eggs, grass fed beef/pork/chicken), soy-filled foods, dairy (I stick to just organic Greek yogurt and haven’t touched milk in years), too much sugar. Just my opinion.

• Administrators

I would avoid whey protein. Avoid any supplements that contain creatine as well.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 minute ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I would avoid whey protein. Avoid any supplements that contain creatine as well.

Yup, forgot to add those too. I stick to clean collagen peptide protein powder from grass fed cows if i want a post-workout protein boost and to help my muscles and joints recover better.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CosmoKramer said:

Yes, avoid foods that are too processed and full of junk, hydrogenated oils, eat healthy basic sources of protein (free range eggs, grass fed beef/pork/chicken), soy-filled foods, dairy (I stick to just organic Greek yogurt and haven’t touched milk in years), too much sugar. Just my opinion.

Honestly, dairy ? this is what caused me the most intense shed and acne breakout... always. Most people swear by dairy doing this so, I don't think dairy is good for hair problematic people

10 hours ago, axor said:

Honestly, dairy ? this is what caused me the most intense shed and acne breakout... always. Most people swear by dairy doing this so, I don't think dairy is good for hair problematic people

No no, that’s what I meant by including dairy as not good for hair/body and just added that I stick to only Greek yogurt...and the occasional Ben & Jerry’s ice cream..

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2019 at 4:31 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

Some foods particularly rich in creatine have the potential of accelerating the conversion of testosterone to DHT thus, accelerating hair loss. 

I can confirm that creatine doesnt raise DHT. I have a gene for hairloss, been using creatine for 3 year. For the duration of those 3 years i havent had shedding. Study does show the increase in DHT in football players as i remember but could be for many other reasons. I stopped using Creatine supplement because i didnt even want to risk a slightest chance of dht increase because the supplement itself is not worth it and it barely works. Creatine in food is extremely hard to get because its usually in raw meat, which we dont eat. To get a daily creatine dose you would need to eat a shit ton of raw beef. Once you cook the meat creatine is gone

On 10/13/2019 at 11:31 PM, Thisisnotatest333 said:

Avoid food high in saturated fat and cholesterol. Eat 50 grams of fiber a day. 

I drink raw eggs daily for choline and cysteine, also drink extra virgin olive oil to gain fat.

So why would I avoid saturated fat and cholesterol ? can you explain ?

6 hours ago, axor said:

I drink raw eggs daily for choline and cysteine, also drink extra virgin olive oil to gain fat.

So why would I avoid saturated fat and cholesterol ? can you explain ?

High cholesterol makes your blood vessels tighter, less circulation, high risk of heart disease and many other issues. Saturated fat boosts up LDL cholesterol. Saturated fat shouldnt be avoided tho, but it should be taken in low dosages. Drinking eggs is just a very dumb idea. You shouldnt take more than 400mg of cholesterol a day, and one egg large egg yolk has 180 mg of cholesterol. I can only assume that you are taking atleast 3 egg yolks which is already a lot. Cholesterol is present in meat, dairy products, so you can end up stacking up a good amount of cholesterol by eating too much of all of that. Eat 50grams of fiber a day, especially if your diet is high in cholesterol, it can help reduce it. 

So. Eat a lot of veggies. Take a shit ton of brocolli, carrots and other veggies in the mixer, make a soup out of it and chug it down for the easy micronutrients and fiber. Take vitamin D supplement, thats a must on winter. 90% of the people are in deficiency of that vitamin during winter so taking a supplement is a good idea. (up to 500IU a day, i take 10 000 every 2 days because thats how much the pill has). Protein get from chicken breasts, beans, lentils and rice. Mixing these foods will bring you a lot of health benefits.

Edited by Thisisnotatest333

On 10/18/2019 at 9:32 PM, Thisisnotatest333 said:

High cholesterol makes your blood vessels tighter, less circulation, high risk of heart disease and many other issues. Saturated fat boosts up LDL cholesterol. Saturated fat shouldnt be avoided tho, but it should be taken in low dosages. Drinking eggs is just a very dumb idea. You shouldnt take more than 400mg of cholesterol a day, and one egg large egg yolk has 180 mg of cholesterol. I can only assume that you are taking atleast 3 egg yolks which is already a lot. Cholesterol is present in meat, dairy products, so you can end up stacking up a good amount of cholesterol by eating too much of all of that. Eat 50grams of fiber a day, especially if your diet is high in cholesterol, it can help reduce it. 

So. Eat a lot of veggies. Take a shit ton of brocolli, carrots and other veggies in the mixer, make a soup out of it and chug it down for the easy micronutrients and fiber. Take vitamin D supplement, thats a must on winter. 90% of the people are in deficiency of that vitamin during winter so taking a supplement is a good idea. (up to 500IU a day, i take 10 000 every 2 days because thats how much the pill has). Protein get from chicken breasts, beans, lentils and rice. Mixing these foods will bring you a lot of health benefits.

I think a dumb idea is writing when you have no idea what I'm talking about tho, raw eggs are the best source on earth of choline as it gets destroyed on temp, that choline goes straight into gluthiatone antioxidant aka fountain of youth; most bodybuilders drink 10-12 raw eggs daily.

Why do you recommend vit D thou ? I am talking straightly about hair loss here, not about health benefits,

I still don't see any evidence you have provided ? on saturated/unsaturated fat and cholesterol causing further hair-loss 

1 hour ago, axor said:

I think a dumb idea is writing when you have no idea what I'm talking about tho, raw eggs are the best source on earth of choline as it gets destroyed on temp, that choline goes straight into gluthiatone antioxidant aka fountain of youth; most bodybuilders drink 10-12 raw eggs daily.

Why do you recommend vit D thou ? I am talking straightly about hair loss here, not about health benefits,

I still don't see any evidence you have provided ? on saturated/unsaturated fat and cholesterol causing further hair-loss 

I m not here to site you evidence that saturated fat and cholesterol is causing further hairloss or heart diseases. Bodybuilders who eat 10 whole eggs, especially raw a day, are morons. If there is 180mg of cholesterol in one egg yolk, you need a simple math to know that its a really bad idea to take this many eggs. Never said anything about unsaturated fat. 

When you talk about hairloss, your overall health is also very important. Vitamin D3 is also specifically good for hair. If you are vitamin D deficient, you can start losing hair at faster pace. Just like not getting enough sleep. 

Now back to simple math. Recommended daily cholesterol intake is around 300-400mg. If one egg has 180mg, how much would you go over the top with 10 eggs a day? Lets go buddy you can do it.

Edited by Thisisnotatest333

0evidence bro, be honest, 0

"is bad for health" is all we hear about salt too, and people are iodine deficient and losing hair on that hardcore

try to show more evidence, we are mature enough to do that.. when we want to prove something, i m speaking about hair loss here, not about heart or getting fat.

On 10/23/2019 at 11:42 PM, axor said:

0evidence bro, be honest, 0

"is bad for health" is all we hear about salt too, and people are iodine deficient and losing hair on that hardcore

try to show more evidence, we are mature enough to do that.. when we want to prove something, i m speaking about hair loss here, not about heart or getting fat.

"we are mature enough to do that" Says the guy who is literally trolling and acting like an ignorant piece of shit to gain reactions. Nobody is going to feed the troll by spending active effort to prove him wrong with collecting evidence