UPDATED- 4 MONTH Pics Posted - Dr. Hasson ~ 4,159 grafts

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Fingers Crossed:

Thanks hair_me_out, the ugly duckling phase is pretty tough. It feels like I took 10 steps backwards but I know that's how it works.

I know what you mean FC, I feel like I'm just entering the good phase at 4 months+. Don't worry, you're right on track brother!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys...I just wanted to let everyone know that I have posted my 3 months post-op pics. I've noticed a few grafts beginning to sprout on the left side of my hairline. Please feel free to comment or ask questions if you have any. Take Care...

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Originally posted by tremblant:
Originally posted by hair_me_out:

Looking really good, Fingers. Believe me, you'll be referring back a lot to these 2 week photos for the next 3 months saying "remember when?" The hairline looks absolutely killer -- it'll be back!

HMO-

Your scar is really visible even all the way up to the 3 month mark! Weren't you alarmed by this? How do people go back to work after 1 or 2 weeks if the scar is visible like that?? I thought the scar should be invisible once there is a cm of hair. Also, your scar is super high up to the temples... how do you know that area is not immune to future loss.

Here is a photo of the back of my head at 11 weeks.

11weeksscarback.jpg

My hair is fairly short, because I had shaved my entire head 14 days after my transplant to make it easier to have my staples taken out.

-

1st Transplant: 5,485 grafts with Dr Jerry Wong

2nd Transplant: 3,100 grafts with Dr Jerry Wong

3rd Transplant: 5,035 grafts with Dr Sanusi Umar

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Wong

Hey Megatron,

I think it's due to lengthening. I've actually noticed in the past two weeks that several of the hairs around the frontal forelock have shed. I'm not sure if it's shock loss or seasonal shedding, but hopefully it comes back.

My Hair Loss Website - HT with Dr. Hasson

• 1 month later...

I just updated my hair loss website. I'm 4 months and 1 week out from surgery with Dr. Hasson. Let me know what you guys think.

Bill, can you change the title of my thread as well? Thank you!

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/journal.asp?CopyID=5541&WebID=1560

similar to the 3month vs 2month pics, your 4month vs 3month pics looks to have improved density and a lowered temporal hairline. however, it may be due to your hair being longer, not sure. I agree that we probably need to see the hair brushed back to understand what's going on with the transplanted hairs.

best of luck!

Hi Fingers Crossed, 4 months is just the start of things, I looked just about where I started off after 4 months, as I am sure you have heard many times it takes upto a year to see the full results and then can take upto 18 months for the hair to mature, keep patient it will be worth it.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Sorry Bill....you can keep everything the same but change the "3" to "4". Thank you!

Garageland...yea you're absolutely right. It's just that I sacrificed a lot to get this surgery done and I guess sometimes I over analyze things. Your hair looks awesome, I just checked out your new pics. The 600 grafts Dr. Hasson transplanted should make a significant difference.

Phil & Megatron , I'll definitely post better pics this weekend. I'll part my hair so you guys can see the transplanted hair.

FC,

You appear to be right on track. Month four is typically (unless you are a fast grower) where you feel that you are at least back to where you were prior to surgery and perhaps a little ahead. So, the fact that your temple points didn't shed and just kept growing, that's a great sign. I think things look really good (from what I can see in the photos), so I look forward to some good progress by month five.

Good luck!

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog