Houston hair restoration doctors

Hey guys,

I'm in the process of visiting with hair restoration doctors the next few weeks, and just wanted to get what has been the experience of other individuals with these doctors. 

I'm going to meet with

Dr. Dan Mcgrath, Dr. Arocha, Dr. Puig,  and Dr. Jezic. 

Thanks. 

You are in the right place by doing the research.....

I've seen, first hand, the results of follow up patients during my time with Dr. Arocha.  Not only artistic, but such advanced techniques he is able to achieve density in a single procedure.  Very experienced.  

I would suggest you visit the ABHRS.  This will give you a decent idea of the certification and credentialing of each of these doctors.

Visit the websites of each. Look at results....It is always about results.

• Valued Contributor

I also have to push Dr Arocha. I had a procedure with him in April and at 4 months I’ve had some really nice gains. You can follow along with my progress if it helps at all.

I do have some consultation experience with Dr McGrath and while he was nice enough I mostly spoke with his assistant, Steve. My objection to using him was that it felt like a really well put together sales pitch. They were a little pushy to try and get some work done with them after my consultation as well. The few guys who’ve had work done by him and have posted here on the forums have sought out repair work elsewhere. That’s not to say their results were bad-the hair that was transplanted mostly grew but it wasn’t really aesthetically appealing to look at.

I know of Dr Puig. His practice is called Affordable Hair Transplants...Some people would say run away. All I can say is never choose a doctor based on what they charge per graft. Choose a doctor based on their results and choose them based on how many actual success stories come from their patients; how many patients of theirs would be willing to back up their chosen doctor-would they be potentially willing to meet with you? How has that doctor handled a situation where their patients were unhappy with their results?

I’ve never heard of Dr. Jezic but I have to echo LaserCap: make sure you do your research and consult with as many doctors as you can. Look at their patients on their websites. Use the search tool at the top of the page and type in the doctor you’re interested in. Look at threads posted by patients of the doctor. 

Your donor is finite so choosing the right doctor, not just for you but just an all around good doctor,  is key to getting the best result.

Good luck.👍🏻 

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
30 minutes ago, jj51702 said:

If I were in your shoes, I wouldn’t limit your doctor choices just because of geography. A little bit of travel and you can be in the hands of one of the top docs in the world 

100% Agreed.

Thanks guys. Visited with Puig assistant yesterday(very nice lady even though not meeting with the actual doctor was disappointing) Meeting with Mcgrath's assistant(i guess) today in Houston since he's based out of Austin. 

Honestly i've kinda already got my mind made up between Arocha(i visited him once back in 2016) or Mcgrath even though i still visited with Puig's assistant yesterday, and going to visit another person Wednesday. 

The feedback i got from Puig assistant yesterday anyway was a quote of 800-900 grafts at 3600. I'm a 30 year old african american man, and primary i want to lower my hairline that has receded, she said FUT would be better for me. I guess i'm not surprised, while many people want FUE, my research seems to suggest FUT is the better option if you can get over the whole "i don't want a scar" hurdle, which many FUT supporters will say you're going have regardless of which procedure you do.

I've also been on finasteride for a year now, so trying to take preventative measures as well. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I can only speak on Dr. Arocha, who does good work, but I don't know about any of the other physicians. I suggest going on our surgeon reviews and patient reviews section and doing a bit of research.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.