HT transplant UK

MrMojoRisin

Hello, i'm a new member and i have a few questions if anyone would be kind enough to answer them for me.

I'm 36yrs old and my hair has been thining on top for the past 7 or so years. My main reason for considering a transplant is i have scarring on my forehead which i have always covered with my hair. But now with it thinning so badly that is now a problem. My father lost all his hair by the time he was in his 40s, so i've never considered a transplant before as i have always thought that, for example in 10 years time i would lose all my exisiting hair on top and would only be left with the transplanted hair and would look ridiculous.

A couple of weeks ago i went to the Hospital Group in Glasgow and spoke with a gentleman named Tarquin Blandford. I explained my main concern about losing exisiting hair after the transplant and he said not to worry, i would be put on a course of Minoxidil + Progesterone for approx 18 months and i'd never lose another hair. He also said i was an ideal candidate for a transplant, there top surgeon, Dr Westwood( one of the best in europe, according to him) would carry out the operation in a 1 mega 6 hour session, i would hve a full head of hair and all my worrys would be over. I'm not naive, it all sounded to good to be true and from beginning to end it just sounded like a salesman giving a salespitch. After reading here some peoples views on the Hospital Group, i think it's best to avoid them.

From what i've read here, i think i should try to get a consultation with Dr Farjo.

If anyone can answer my questions or give any advice i'd greatly appreciate it:

1. If male pattern baldness runs in the family and the end result i'm looking for is to have a full head of hair for life(am i being unrealistic) is an HT transplant not for me, bearing in mind my main reason for having the surgery is to have a full head of hair to cover scarring on my forehead?

2. Minoxidil + Progesterone, if i take this will that now stop further hair loss and i can keep what i have?

3. Does everyone recommend Dr Farjo?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Farjo clinic is recommended on this board, and they do some great work by all accounts. However, the goal is always the illusion of a full head of hair, and depending on the level of your scarring that may or may not cover it adequately. It would be much easier to tell if you uploaded some pictures. If you could give a photo of the front, top of your head and back then people will be able to give you more advice.

Hi MrMojoRisin,

Firstly, WELL DONE icon_smile.gif!! You didn't believe what you were told by Tarquin!! He has given the same 'sales pitch' to 1000's of guys that have been less fortunate than you! icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif (the ones that didnt walk away) icon_frown.gif

In all the years I have read many HT forums I have never heard of 1 satisfied customer from The Hospital Group... only very upset and disappointed patients with terrible looking hair transplants and nasty scars icon_rolleyes.gif

To help answer your ques,

1. I think you may be having an unrealistic expectation if you are going to be a full NW7 (Cue ball) hair loss in a few years. It's possible to have coverage so you look a lot better but a full head of hair is a very big expectation.

2. I dont know about the meds you mentioned, but I take Finasteride daily which has prevented further loss for me. Meds are very worth considering in you case as its very likely you wont end up a 'cue ball' if you start them as soon as possible. I would do your research of these further as soon as you can as it sounds pretty important to you as you still have plenty of native hair at the moment. The ultimate goal is to retain as much of the native hair you have now than require more HT work than necessary.

3. I'm from the UK but decided to travel to Feller Medical in NYC for mine. I wanted the best I could find by one of the best anywhere around. In my TOP 3 choices, the best HT clinic's are based in USA/Canada in my opinion. You will need to do more research on this and find out how easy it is to travel to get the best possible result you can.. as you have to live with it icon_smile.gif and you'll be pleased you went to the best and not just the closest to home icon_smile.gif

Good luck and I wish you all the best icon_smile.gif and well done for doing your research icon_wink.gif

• 3 weeks later...

hi guy's l had a consultation with Tarquin Blandford at the Hospital Group- Hospital at Dolan Park West MIdlands, to be honest l found him to be a like able bloke even though you know he's trying to sell you the dream! thats his job like the rest of the consultants through out the Hair Transplant world, to be fair he did tell me Dr Westwood was the guy for me and like all of us l was a bit dubious! l met Dr Westwood what a nice guy ,he told me straight out your a norwood grade 6 and will need a lot of grafts to cover my bald area he said not to worry you have a good donor area ,so l made my choice and in june 2006 l had my first op it went really well and like clock work the hair started to grow 3 months later l was over the moon hair on my head again after 20 years ,l couldn't wait for my second that was march 2007 that went like the first and again like clock work 3 months later it was growing ,god the change it made was brill l looked ten years younger ,lm now going to have another h/t to thicken it up ,so in away Tarquin Blandford did sell me the dream,l hope your search turns out as well best regards, lm happy to send you my photos if you would like to see my results just mail me on ozgray1@hotmail.com

pics?

everything iv'e seen from the HG has been poor too. Please beware people reading this do your research!!

2 poor very poor UK ht's

2 world class repairs with Shapiro Medical Group

original thread

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.co...d.php?t=134995

Dr Paul's procedure http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1710

Dr Ron's procedure

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1128

best uk hairtransplant,

Your email address matches the one used by "Graham" on this patient website. For months, I've seen you make just a minor change to your website to bump it up to the top, even though you don't usually add new photos.

I'm beginning to think you work for this clinic. You've also ignored my last message asking you if you were a consultant for this clinic on another thread when you responded on a thread specifically asking for UK consultants.

Your response is requested and required,

Bill

MrMojoRisin

Thank you for sharing your story on here. If you are chasing the idea of always being able to have a full head of hair via surgery, then take a step back and do a lot more reading on the subject.Investigate Propecia and Regaine thoroughly because it just might be that they can be of great help to you.

In Europe you have some great choices whether this be Drs De vroye Farjo,Feriduni and Dr Bisange is certainly worth looking at.In the States there are many to consider.

I think i would be right in saying that any doctor with real integrity who had a "consultant" whose job was " to sell you the dream! thats his job like the rest of the consultants through out the Hair Transplant world" would not want to be represented that way.If they found that they were then they would want to change things pretty quickly.I have met dozens of people who work for leading doctor's and know that they act in a professional manner and have an amazing knowledge base in our field.They aim to pass on knowledge and let the patient decide rather than acting like snake oil salesmen.

Bill as you know i dont normally get involved in these type of discussions because as has been done on numerous occassions on this site, the members will give their own thoughts.I just thought that the comment by Graham were completely inappropriate and disrespectful to those who in my opinion who do a great job.

Mick

Patient coordinator for Dr. Bessam Farjo who is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Think this is the same guy who also vigorously defends the Hospital group on HLT forum against everyone else there!.Very strange.Why would you bother unless you were working for them!!!.

HT 2006/7

I wouldnt send enemies to The Hospital Group, they are absolutley terrible, complete butchers, I cant stress this enough.

In the UK, there is only one clinic, and thats Farjo, apart from that you have to go to Brussels or to the USA.

Bill ,l haven't had any mail from you , l can say l don't work for the hospital group lm retired, are you saying that l can't tell my story and be proud of my results which l gain from my h/t's do i have to promote an american surgeon to do so? it all seems a bit one sided here, lm only telling the truth about my results in the uk and you know i have the photos to back it up, to get the same results in the usa i would have had to pay ??10000 more

FFS The Hospital Group maimed the back of my head and planted mis-angled 2-4 hair grafts on my f'in hairline!, the reason you pay more in America is because they are a million times better.

No one on here is going to go to the Hospital Group because they know that they are toilet.

Post very clear pics of your amazing results, and yes we will know if its Tom Cruise's head!

There are good surgeons in Europe aswell as America but The Hospital Group dont even come close, I could of done a better job, if I'd done the transplant myself!

One of the surgeons I had from The Hospital Group lied about his credentials to make him look more qualified, thats the kind of docs that The Hospital Group use.

Google complaints about these butchers, and it will be very clear, and stop trying to get the trusting members of this community butchered.

best uk hairtransplant,

I've addressed you on other threads but you never responded.

But I'm confused. You say you're retired and that you don't work for the Hospital Group. Did you ever at one time, work for them?

While all patients are welcome to share their genuine experiences, this community is about 100% total transparency. If you work or ever worked for the Hospital Group its only fair that this community knows about it.

Bill

Best uk hairtransplant,

This site is far from one sided but when you join a forum with a name such as "Best uk hairtransplant" and then in the majority of your posts defend and recommend a clinic that many have heard bad things about, it is going to raise suspicions. I would have the same suspicions if a member named themselves "Best USA hairtransplant" and then the majority of their posts revolved around how good a certain USA clinic was. Even if it was a top clinic, I'd have my doubts, but when it's a clinic with a bad reputation - these doubts are going be magnified.

Originally posted by Sparky:

Dont touch The Hospital Group, I speak from personal experience, they are one of the worst HT clinics in the whole world.

I also speak from personal experience, my first HT was with the HG, absolute butchers. I was left with a v sparse hairline(if you could call it that) mis-angled hair and a V BIG low scar.

Tarquin Blandford will tell you what you want to hear, but the results are a world apart.

Do plenty of research, i wish i had before going to the HG icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif

6 HTs !!

around 7690g!!

Best UK hairtransplant? what kind of a name is that? IMOanyone could perform a HT to equal or superior standards to the butchering clowns in the UK. To achieve a look which resembles a UK HT one needs;-

Black cotton thread - The hair

A stapler - To attach the hair

A bread knife - to make the gigantic ragged scar

A first aid certificate or 100 mtrs diving badge.

To be fair to best uk, his HT does'nt look bad, thin, but natural, certainly age appropriate and an improvement on his baldness. Having said that, I don't see anything which suggests the surgeon was highly skilled, I would say even the most average HT Doc could achieve results like that with hair characteristics like that. Not a challenging case imo.

Besides, its a fact the HG have disfigured many guys (and gals) and this damns them forever in my book, they deserve nothing but bad luck and negative publicity until they apologise to and compensate the folk they've hurt and robbed.

Mr MojoRisin

As a fellow Scott who just had a Transplant I would say be careful. I id a huge amount of research before getting my HT in Dec, I ended up with Hassan and Wong in Vancouver and so far I am delighted I did. Do lots of research and check the websites, see all the clear photos and videos and even have a consulation with a few. I know a another guy on this site BRICKENIT from Glasgow, search for hime on the forums, he also went to Hassan and Wong. So do your research first, dont be scared of flying because its only a day on a plane. My research shound the best are in Canada and USA. Good luck

Bill, sorry about late reply ,yes Heart attack put me out of work ,l laid floors not hair answer to your question no l have never worked for HG or am l now, l thought members would understand how happy i am with my h/t results that l am going to stand up for the clinic i had them done by, lm not promoting them its a fact l haven't been any where else so i can only tell the truth about my experience

to Mick from Farjo's

what part that l wrote did you find completely inappropriate and disrespectful ?how many H/T's have you had? l think you will find Dr Fargo's who by the way has had lots of good reports trained Dr westwood and Dr Rodgers or they worked together at sometime when there wasn't loads of american surgeons plying for trade

Just for the record Dr Farjo has NEVER trained either of the doctor's that you mentioned.

"even though you know he's trying to sell you the dream! thats his job like the rest of the consultants through out the Hair Transplant world" Sales orientated clinics may have people like this but the leading ones, certainly do not.

Mick

Patient coordinator for Dr. Bessam Farjo who is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

l think you will find some where along the line they were all involved with the same clinic, and to the other part about the consultants that's complete nonsense, l suppose you tell prospective patients all about the numbness and the swelling and they might lose 10% to 40% of the grafts ,you never answered my question how many h/t's have you had if any???