My fue hair transplant journey

connor

On 9/5/2019 at 3:03 AM, Melvin-Moderator said:

Everything looks right on track, I was at my absolute worst at around 2 months. Things started improving by the third month and by the 4th month I was definitely on my way.

Thanks for the support Melvin its appreciated. 

16 hours ago, wtrailer said:

When did you begin using Minoxidil after your HT

I started to use it on my native hair again after about 5 weeks. Then on the  transplanted area 8 weeks I just give it plenty of time to avoid irritating the area.

Your going to see some great results in the next 4 - 6 weeks.  Those new hairs are looking good "connor"! 

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys so today is my 4 month mark of my fue op in Budapest. I'm fairly satisfied with the progress so far. It's funny the progression is so gradual you dont even notice it. I was actually feeling a little dis hearted a couple of days ago even though friends and family have been commenting on how its growing. I still didnt think it was progressing that much I then looked back  at my photos pre op and from the 3 month mark. At that moment I realised yes my situation certainly has changed for the better over the last 4 weeks. I have also noticed my mid scalp that was thinning and on it's way out has really thickened up in response to the finasteride and minoxidil treatment that I have been using daily. I attached comparison pre and post up photos taken from the same position and light just to highlight how effective it's been for me. I cant condone or advise anyone to use finasteride I'm not a medical professional. I'm just sharing my experience of the decision I made to take it and the effect its had on me. I haven't had any negative side effects that's not to say that's the case for everyone.  If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

20191008_135858.jpg

20191008_135751.jpg

20191008_135929.jpg

20191001_154241.jpg

Screenshot_20190923-094215_Gallery.jpg

57 minutes ago, wtrailer said:

Looking really good! I can't wait until I'm at the 4 month mark. I'm about 2.5 months behind you. Did it seem to grow quicker from 3 to 4 months?

Hey man thanks. The stage you are at now is when I looked the worst in the entire process. Once I hit 3 months I noticed I was starting to look abit better my native hair shock loss started growing back and I noticed little red spots and hairs starting to form on the recipient area.  The change is very gradual so dont worry if it feels  like nothings happening. When you look back at your photos  from 3-4 you realise its  certainly kicking in.  My clinic told me after month 4 is when it really accelerates.

• Administrators

Right on track!

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 3 weeks later...

I call that 3 month time frame the “Awkward Teenage” time period.   You will see those new hairs really filling in during the next 6 weeks.  Be patient, you have plenty to look forward to.

• Like 1

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys so heres how its looking at 22 weeks I'm very happy now. I'm now able to pull of the comb over  which gives the illusion of decent density in most lighting situations and photos. That's worth it for me I feel like I've got my confidence back.

20191123_084918.jpg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, connor said:

20191123_123941.jpg

20191123_084810.jpg

Hey guys so heres how its looking at 22 weeks I'm very happy now. I'm now able to pull of the comb over  which gives the illusion of decent density in most lighting situations and photos. That's so worth it for me I feel like I've got my confidence back.

• 4 weeks later...

Six month update- Can gradually notice it getting thicker each month. When the very harsh light hits it it's still quite thin looking. However it's fine in most lighting situations I'm happy so far. 

20191217_134045.jpg

20191217_134023.jpg

20191217_132945.jpg

20191219_151119.jpg

3 hours ago, wtrailer said:

Great progress!! Such a change from 5 months on up! I'll be hitting 4 months in 1 week. Thanks for the updates!

Brilliant you are entering the stage where it all starts to happen. For me it's been quite a slow process been times I have worried but i can still see small little stubbles emerging on my scalp at 6 months.  So if you turn out to be a slow grower dont worry good luck :)