Future Hair Loss pattern

Hi

I am wondering does this hair loss in the back mean i will become a norwood 7 in the future.

The in the back has been there for about 4 years. I know i will become a norwood 4-5 already because I have diffuse thinning.

As you can my hair covers well when it is a bit longer. Only 1 family member has been a norwood 7 my uncle. The rest have been norwood 3-5s.

I am struggling to see what norwood i will end up with.

hair4.thumb.jpg.b9d38f0128e0528641e6a0c767206899.jpg

donor hair2.jpg

haro2..jpg

back of hair.jpg

hair2.jpg

I would suggest that you see a doctor who can better advise you on this.  You appear to be quite young so I understand your concern. 

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

There are a few doctors that post here so hopefully they can advise you.  2 transplants by 28 kind of tells a different story.

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

i am utterly devasted. I think i am heading for norwood 7.

Maybe because hair is so short at back. but is i see a very early pattern maybe even lower on back of head as usual.

cannot take fin anymore too because of sides. I am in real trouble. I hoping maybe the slight thinness is due to the transpant,

you can see the slight curve.

jair222.jpg

jair222.jpg

Edited by hairman22

If you cannot take meds anymore and you feel your donor is thin or not enough for another procedure, I would look into microneedling. There are some impressive results out there. I’m almost a year after my ht and just started using a derma pen for better growth and to fill in my crown. 

7 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

If you cannot take meds anymore and you feel your donor is thin or not enough for another procedure, I would look into microneedling. There are some impressive results out there. I’m almost a year after my ht and just started using a derma pen for better growth and to fill in my crown. 

my donor is good.

i am just worried about what norwood i am heading for & how low the back will go.

H&W have also conformed I have a very good donor. But i am very worried about the back & sides dropping in future. No real signs but its a massive worry especially sign crown loss affects me most.

Edited by hairman22

16 minutes ago, hairman22 said:

my donor is good.

i am just worried about what norwood i am heading for & how low the back will go.

H&W have also conformed I have a very good donor. But i am very worried about the back & sides dropping in future. No real signs but its a massive worry especially sign crown loss affects me most.

Ah gotchya. 

Thats good but there’s no positive point in worrying of what might or might not happen in the future, you hair loss might stabilize or it might not and then you can consider another ht.

• Like 1

You should try taking a lower dosage of finasteride to hold onto as much hair as you can until a better product is available.  It seems like something might be out in the marketplace within the next 2-3 years. 

5 hours ago, Curious said:

You should try taking a lower dosage of finasteride to hold onto as much hair as you can until a better product is available.  It seems like something might be out in the marketplace within the next 2-3 years. 

tried that

cant take it anymore. i dont think anything will come out that does not mess with hormones.

My hairloss is quite slow which is a plus.

Hairman, 

Even if that patch in the back expanded and you lost everything from that point upward, you still would not be a true NW VII. This is actually a pretty rare pattern, and there are typically pretty obvious signs of it apparent by age 30. If you were seeing a lot of thinning above the ears, thinning in front of the ears and a total loss of the temporal area, and retrograde thinning up the back of the next, then there would be more evidence showing you may become a NW VII. In the absence of that and based on what I see here, it looks like you will be a NW VI. Still an advanced pattern, but much more donor to work with. 

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

29 minutes ago, Dr Blake Bloxham said:

Hairman, 

Even if that patch in the back expanded and you lost everything from that point upward, you still would not be a true NW VII. This is actually a pretty rare pattern, and there are typically pretty obvious signs of it apparent by age 30. If you were seeing a lot of thinning above the ears, thinning in front of the ears and a total loss of the temporal area, and retrograde thinning up the back of the next, then there would be more evidence showing you may become a NW VII. In the absence of that and based on what I see here, it looks like you will be a NW VI. Still an advanced pattern, but much more donor to work with. 

Thanks think i have panicked a bit.

I am quite happy i got fue instead of fut. as smp could be an option in future

the thin patch isnt something i have just noticed either. had it at least 4 years now. so hopefully sides can stay & top continues to thin slowly.