Lorenzo 3847 grafts FEB 2 2010 DR. HASSON

lorenzo

I will post pictures as soon as I figure out how to do it.

Its been 9 years since I recieved my last hair transplant 1900 grafts in the crown in 2001 (Feb 1).

My hair really wasnt that bad but it definately need to be beefed up a bit. I been a few years that I have been debating getting one done and finally decided to 3 months ago. As many of you know I assist the italians with translation for Hasson and Wong. On the day of the consult I ran into an old friend that just recieved 5500 grafts and he told me that I looked fine.

Regardless the day was easy and it seems to go quick. Its not quite the same thing when you are translating than recieving a hair transplant yourself. Now that I am 41 my hairloss is not as important as it once was but dont get me wrong I wanted more hair.

This is my breakdown.

Dr. Hasson

1479 singles

2067 doubles

301 triple and quads.

Hair count

http://www.hairtransplantnetwo...-page.asp?WebID=1574 MY BLOG

12 week update

Edited by lorenzo
update

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Thank you. Dr. Hasson did the transplant

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

• 2 months later...

Just uploaded my pictures. Its been around 9 weeks now. Ugly duckling stage is almost over.

Finger Crossed you are going to have an amazing result. Yes I did experience shockloss but I expected it.

Now all we have to do is wait!

• 3 weeks later...

Just update my blog 12 weeks update.

Thanks Bill having seen so many people go through this now its my turn for the exciting part to start.

I have updated my picture as well as wrote a few things. Let me know if this is what you meant.

• 2 weeks later...

I have just updated my 14 weeks pictures. Its starting to come in. Not happy with the blonde streak almost killed my hairdresser I cant beleive I let her talk me into it.

Thanks Mega, it appears we have had simular journeys. You went through alot of shockloss like I did. I noticed alot of difference in the crown as well. We are both around the same time so I will be watching your website to see an amazing result!!

Thanks Aw33! I have heard people always say the crown take longer to fill in. From my experience I never though this was true. Having said that it is definately nice to see the crown filling in.

I have added more crown pictures.

IMG_8255.jpg.49f5098410849730ff32dd5e67e21377.jpg

IMG_8254.jpg.fa3d91c40d04b732621418a8d28cf2ac.jpg

Edited by lorenzo
adding pictures

• 3 weeks later...

4 month update I appears to be getting better all the time.

hey lorenzo looks great man that growth is just beginning.

you say hairloss isnt as important to you as it once was. can you put into words how time has given you perspective on hairloss and how you have changed from worrying about it all the time to not? thanks!

Thanks Dude46. When I was younger and started losing my hair it seemed like it was the end of the world. Any decision that I made at the time I would have probaly regretted it. With time there are more important things than hair.

So to answer your questions when you are younger hairloss can take a huge effect on your self esteem. I was obsessed with perfection and anything that doesnt look exactly like it did before would have been considered a failure. I was close to going to Bolsey and also having a flap when I was 28 thank god I didnt have the money and my hairloss was very little.

I have alot more experience because I assist alot of italians so I have probaly met and seen close to 100 surgeries and able to understand why patients have different reasons to have hair transplants. I am not longer obsessed with how my hair looks dont get me wrong I want it to look great but at the end I will be happy with whatever result I get because I know it will make a difference to me.

Remember my hairloss was never that bad in my opinion so its easy for me to be relaxed about it but many people with alot of hairloss may feel differently. I guess with time you mature or become wiser and understand that losing your hair or growning old is part of life and in some ways you have to accept it and move on. I guess with age you look at life differently and its no longer about quanity but quality. I dont look at the mirror neither as much as I used to and start not caring what anybody thinks but myself. At the end we have one life and we are born alone and die alone so if we want get caught up in what society says you will spend alot of time being discontent.

Once again dont get me wrong I wanted more hair and I am happy to get more and have no regrets, I would do it all over again. Hopefully that answered your question a bit.

Thanks Finger Crossed. I have been looking at your progress as well looking good right on par. Everytime I go to Hasson and Wong to either assist Italians or get pictures taken I am always blown away from after patients that come in. Its hard to tell if the people in the waiting room are there waiting for a friend or after patients.

Edited by lorenzo
spelling

Cool story thanks Lorenzo. Can I ask how your friends feel about hair loss as they aged? I assume most of your younger friends weren't losing their hair when you were younger but maybe are now. Do they make comments or has it been as you all are getting older its just a part of life? How about how the women in your life view you guys? I figure as you get older looks become less and less important but curious to hear your experiences. Thanks Lorenzo and keep growing well!

Good questions. Actually only one of my friends that had alot of hair once he hit 30 but looks great will a shaved head. He actually just turned 40 and dating a 23 year old for the last two years. Other than that most of my friends have either maintained there hair or had a transplant when they were younger. As for the women very few of my friends (actually only 2) have ever got married we dont feel like we are in our 40's more like our late 20's. As you get older, women are like cars if it doesnt run right get another one. If a women noticed a bit of hairloss then in my views you need to stay away from that type of girl because in most cases she will make your life miserable.

I dont know if you have ever been to Vancouver but people here are very fit and alot of my friends are in amazing shape regardless of age. I guess when your older you dont waste as much time on stuff you cant change because life is short.

Lorenzo,thanks for sharing. its nice to hear that meds have helped your friends maintain (for those who are taking nit and need it) and that the ones who did get ht's, those have withstood the test of time. seems like no one really talks about hair to much with u guys and that u guys take it as just a part of growing older! ive always wondered what a woman would think if i loose more hair as i age so its always reassuring to hear that they will still love u for who u are regardless...

Edited by hdude46

• 1 month later...

Just posted my 5.5 month picture. I accidently put the 5.5 months update twice. I have colored my hair darker and put gel in it so its not as flattering as it could be as well as the high def camera. Regardless I am very happy with the 5.5 month result and have more thickening to come.

lorenzo,

Looks like you're making good progress at 5.5 months. Thanks for updating us on your progress.

Best of luck,

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website