Official Thread: Have you experienced side effects from finasteride? (Poll)

In your opinion, have you experienced side effects from finasteride?  

196 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Alexx said:

What about topical finasteride 0.25% that you put on scalp minoxidil style ?  It is true it have clearly less side effects ?

Topical Finasteride is supposed to have a better chance of not giving people side affects but your mileage may vary. 

Perhaps a reduced dosage would help.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

3 hours ago, BaldV said:

Have you tried topical?

No, i use oral Dutasteride. It's easier for me to generally adhere to. I used topical Minoxodil when younger but the 2x a day application and greasy cheap versions (i was a broke teen lol). So i did give it up alongside possibly unrealistic expectations. 

• 2 months later...
On 9/14/2022 at 3:44 PM, Alexx said:

What about topical finasteride 0.25% that you put on scalp minoxidil style ?  It is true it have clearly less side effects ?

My dermatologist said it's 0 difference because it builds up in the blood as well, after some time it will have same amount as oral version