Saw Palmetto VS Propecia

Melvin- Admin

• Administrators

This question comes up time and time again, so many hair loss supplements tout saw palmetto as "natures" Propecia. Unfortunately, anytime you hear "natures____" it's usually bogus. What are your guys experience with saw palmetto? I took it for a few months and didn't see any benefit at all.Is Saw Palmetto As Effective As Propecia For Hair Loss

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Don't believe Saw Palmetto is effective for hair loss. Even if there is something behind it when it comes to mpb, it will do nothing at the recommended dosages on most labels and think someone would be having to taking a crazy dosage to get it to have any kind of effect on hair and that may well induce it's own side effects, never mind the expense associated with having to go through so much of the stuff. Not really comparable to propecia at all imo.

• 1 month later...

@Melvin-Moderator

Check out this research paper on the effects of ecklonia cava. Apparently its stronger than saw palmetto and is comparable to finasteride. Still not sure about authenticity though.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3382810/

From the paper:image.png.a7e96639c313b2ec86b34208bc7151ef.png

Edited by dilbert1191